Cardinal George Pell, The Catholic Church and Child Sex Abuse | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cardinal George Pell, The Catholic Church and Child Sex Abuse

BTW, Pell ensured Uncle Rupert received honours from the Church. Bolt works for you know who.

Why was the trial secret, why did it take 2 months for the verdict to be released. Equality before the law . . . yeah right.

Bolt defending him surprises me not at all, steaming piles of excrement seem to stick together.

DS

TigerForce said:
From the SMH:-
Should the Pell matter go to trial, it's a good bet that Cardinal Pell will win. Of all reported sex abuse cases, just 6 per cent result in conviction, according to Judy Courtin, a lawyer and doctoral researcher at Monash University's law school.

Interesting.

Yeah it's interesting. Read somewhere else that not putting himself in the dock to be cross-examined would count against him on appeal.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Yeah it's interesting. Read somewhere else that not putting himself in the dock to be cross-examined would count against him on appeal.

I hope that legal advise torments him.

DavidSSS said:
Why was the trial secret, why did it take 2 months for the verdict to be released. Equality before the law . . . yeah right.

Bolt defending him surprises me not at all, steaming piles of excrement seem to stick together.

DS

Similar principle to the Hirdites defending Hird/Essendon, difference being that Bolt has actually met Pell a few times. By stating he doesn't believe Pell is capable of committing such crimes he's opening himself up to ridicule, which he's getting plenty of. It's a free world.

DavidSSS said:

The verdict was withheld so it didn't prejudice another trial that was happening. Pell had been accused of indecently assaulting two boys at swimming pool in Ballarat. They were able to announce the the verdict after the charge against him was dropped.

IanG said:
*smile*ing Bolt is still defending Pell, unbelievable.

Bolt should be sacked on the spot. even if Pell wins on appeal, he still haboured known paedophile priests. he is an evil, evil man.

antman said:
George Pell was the keynote speaker at the IPA annual function only a year or two ago.

its crazy that GetUp receives so much negative media but we never hear anything about the IPA. they are just about the biggest nutcases going around.

I think 'cardinal sin' went from an idiom to a very, very unpleasant euphemism yesterday.

I also reckon (and know to a degree), that people who came into both harmful and harmless contact with Pell in various situations over a 75 year period will be going

It took a long time, but things finally caught up with the socio/psychopath.

little shafts of light eminate from our social institutions when the powerful go to jail. For a tiny fleeting moment, you can pretend the world is just and fair.

And i salute all the victims who endured, survived, surcomed, fought andsurrendered and who ultimately have acheived some justice.

Richter on the bail application.

Mr Richter said the references showed Pell was a "person of the highest character".
"They speak of a … man who has a great deal of passion … has a great sense of humour, a man who relates to everyone from prime ministers down to street beggars," Mr Richter said.

He has a passion for small boys Robert. Lock the scumbag up.

John Howard provides a character reference for convicted pedophile george pell.

In mitigation, convicted pedophile george pells lawyer said it was a plain vanilla case of sexual abuse.

easy said:
John Howard provides a character reference for convicted pedophile george pell.

In mitigation, convicted pedophile george pells lawyer said it was a plain vanilla case of sexual abuse.

Little Johnny Boy's best mate.

tigerman said:
The verdict was withheld so it didn't prejudice another trial that was happening. Pell had been accused of indecently assaulting two boys at swimming pool in Ballarat. They were able to announce the the verdict after the charge against him was dropped.
Yep unfortunately 1 of the Ballarat boys Damien Digs died and the other one Lyndan Mono is a recovering drug addict and been a regular guest of her majesty's. Pell is guilty for sure but evidence hard to stand up in court.

Tigers of Old said:
What a dark day for Catholicism. Mud sticks. How can it possibly survive?
It shouldn't. Governments should tax them to the shizen, fine them to buggery, and seize all their assets.

I never went to a Catholic school but was raised Catholic, went to mass every week, even spent time as an altar boy in a bid to relieve the boredom. Our priest was a nice if verbose Irish fella, never an issue with him. Catholic people are by and large good people. (Abbott would have been one of those conservative Catholics who ripped the Labor Party apart for a generation.) Most Catholics I've known have taken their omniscient deity with a grain of salt. Not that I'd know, having renounced it 30 years ago.

Save the Jedi. Time for the Catholic Church to end. While we're at it, let's get rid of the hypocritical, money-grubbing Church of Mass Hysteria the nightwatchman PM belongs to. And all the other ones too.

If anyone still held any delusions that Bolt was anything but a self-serving, duplicitous, sh!teating Haw of Satan, that's done with now. Same goes for that fraudulent conman traitorous dog Howard and the idiot Devine ("I hardly know him but I admire him greatly so he couldn't possibly have done it." *smile*. Off.)

How and when did Pell become our patron? Can't imagine the current powers would have much truck with a climate change denying, homophobic, demoniser of sex (except with kids), pedo or no.

It's a stain.

Tigers of Old said:
What a dark day for Catholicism. Mud sticks. How can it possibly survive?

Wish george had made Pope now.

He was only 20-1 at the last papal conference.

He was a live chance.

Still, 3IC of the greatest hoax the world has ever known

spook said:
If anyone still held any delusions that Bolt was anything but a self-serving, duplicitous, sh!teating Haw of Satan, that's done with now. Same goes for that fraudulent conman traitorous dog Howard and the idiot Devine ("I hardly know him but I admire him greatly so he couldn't possibly have done it." *smile*. Off.)

Alan Jones seems quiet in his glass house.

Alan Jones prefers young men to young boys. He could admit and actually go up in people's estimations.

spook said:
It shouldn't. Governments should tax them to the shizen, fine them to buggery, and seize all their assets.

I never went to a Catholic school but was raised Catholic, went to mass every week, even spent time as an altar boy in a bid to relieve the boredom. Our priest was a nice if verbose Irish fella, never an issue with him. Catholic people are by and large good people. (Abbott would have been one of those conservative Catholics who ripped the Labor Party apart for a generation.) Most Catholics I've known have taken their omniscient deity with a grain of salt. Not that I'd know, having renounced it 30 years ago.

Save the Jedi. Time for the Catholic Church to end. While we're at it, let's get rid of the hypocritical, money-grubbing Church of Mass Hysteria the nightwatchman PM belongs to. And all the other ones too.

How and when did Pell become our patron? Can't imagine the current powers would have much truck with a climate change denying, homophobic, demoniser of sex (except with kids), pedo or no.

It's a stain.

It is a stain I agree 100%. But cultural roots run deep, and the tiges have their cultural roots in St Ignatious Parish, working class Irish Richmond. Thats why I barrack for the Tiges, I'm from Irish working-class roots with links to St Ignatious, and also St Alipius and Pell. Pell was/ is part of a huge cohort of multi-generations of Ballarat Irish catholics, as I am, who are mad tigers.

He got a spot on the list FFS, and he was, from many first hand reports, a big slow useless lunk. (Pretty sure he was at the Werribee seminary with Mike Bowden, who didn't complete his training, and as we all know, got married and had kids).

I'm the same as you, raised a catholic and never bought it, stopped going as soon as I was allowed to at 12.

spook said:

It's a stain.

Catholic Church = Pedophile Ring
Same same. It's been endemic.
I can't see it any other way.

tigersnake said:
It is a stain I agree 100%. But cultural roots run deep, and the tiges have their cultural roots in St Ignatious Parish, working class Irish Richmond. Thats why I barrack for the Tiges, I'm from Irish working-class roots with links to St Ignatious, and also St Alipius and Pell. Pell was/ is part of a huge cohort of multi-generations of Ballarat Irish catholics, as I am, who are mad tigers.

He got a spot on the list FFS, and he was, from many first hand reports, a big slow useless lunk. (Pretty sure he was at the Werribee seminary with Mike Bowden, who didn't complete his training, and as we all know, got married and had kids).

I'm the same as you, raised a catholic and never bought it, stopped going as soon as I was allowed to at 12.
Same same same, from Ballarat Irish via Richmond myself. I was forced to go to mass until I flat out refused at 16. Dad used to get so angry at us, but he stopped believing a long tome ago too.

Tigers of Old said:
Catholic Church = Pedophile Ring
Same same. It's been endemic.
I can't see it any other way.
As usual, Tooheys, the cynical, corrupt powers that be exploit the goodwill and honesty of the proletariat. No doubt many a pedo took up the cloth in the hope of salgbation, only to find enablement.