Cardinal George Pell, The Catholic Church and Child Sex Abuse | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cardinal George Pell, The Catholic Church and Child Sex Abuse

tigertim said:
Seems he's already been found guilty by some......

he's definitely guilty of obstructing justice and consciously moving pedophile priests around diocese to protect them and the church. He's admitted that already. Add to that intimidation of victims to prevent them taking further legal action with the disgraceful "Melbourne Response". If he is guilty of what is alleged now then I hope he dies in prison.

tigersnake said:
specifically, me. I've known him since I was 8.

Only been in his direct presence once. Unimpressed. An arrogant prick uninterested in the pain and hopelessness of the families of a serial paedophile that was protected by him and the church because he was a good fundraiser. We still think if the full story of the abuser in my parish was known he would be the worst in Australian history. He was protected for over 60 years. He was bully and a manipulator while still in seminary and Pell refused to even de-frock him after he was convicted.

KnightersRevenge said:
Only been in his direct presence once. Unimpressed. An arrogant prick uninterested in the pain and hopelessness of the families of a serial paedophile that was protected by him and the church because he was a good fundraiser. We still think if the full story of the abuser in my parish was known he would be the worst in Australian history. He was protected for over 60 years. He was bully and a manipulator while still in seminary and Pell refused to even de-frock him after he was convicted.

Thats him. He was our parish priest at St Alipius in East Ballarat, then Monsignor, then Ballarat Bishop, etc and so it goes. So many stories like yours Knighter, so many. I won't go over it again, I've posted a few on here over the years.

tigersnake said:
Thats him. He was our parish priest at St Alipius in East Ballarat, then Monsignor, then Ballarat Bishop, etc and so it goes. So many stories like yours Knighter, so many. I won't go over it again, I've posted a few on here over the years.

Pell is international news, it will be covered over here. I hope they put together a good case.

Re: George Pell

tigers80 said:
Wonder if Andrew Blot and Tony Abbott will provide character references. :mad:

It would be no more pathetic than the Houli team having used Waleed Aly and Turnbull. Don't believe in discounted sentences due to character references for anyone. However regardless of what the lynch mob may say Pell is innocent until proven guilty. Hopefully justice will not only be done but be seen to be done.

This and Daesh getting the ass from Mosul makes for a great couple of days worth of news.

Hopefully the govt has a rock solid case and he heads to a jail where many can say 'hi'...

Re: George Pell

Tygrys said:
It would be no more pathetic than the Houli team having used Waleed Aly and Turnbull. Don't believe in discounted sentences due to character references for anyone. However regardless of what the lynch mob may say Pell is innocent until proven guilty. Hopefully justice will not only be done but be seen to be done.

pretty sure he has previously been found guilty of protecting pedophile priests.

Any human that covers up the most heinous crimes against children and to do it under the trust and guise that they are God's representatives on Earth should be dealt with the most severe harsh penalty.

Legends of 1980 said:
And on cue, bolta has his article defending him, managing to get a few subtle digs at his accusers along the way

Let him go down with the stinking ship, Bolt so quick to label other religions as serial child abusers but attacks the victims when his inner circle are implicated. Next it will be a diatribe about corrupt courts & judges.

Legends of 1980 said:
And on cue, bolta has his article defending him, managing to get a few subtle digs at his accusers along the way

HUN had to issue big page 2 apology, factual errors as usual. Attributed comments from victim Collins to investigating police officer, that would have been in contempt of court if officer had said them. Loves some character assassination does Bolt, always on the little guy, and never really cares if its accurate.