Carltony | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Carltony

grumpytiger

Tiger Matchwinner
May 6, 2007
Re: Carlton

Sintiger said:
I have family members who would turn in their graves to read something like this. The relationship between Richmond and Collingwood was not neighbourhood rivalry, it was hatred. You make it sound like a couple of mates sharing a friendly rivalry. It was never that .
I understand hating Carlton and Essendon but the real tradional hatred is between Richmond and Collingwood. It is far more historical than Collingwood - Carlton or Collingwood- Essendon as well.
My Grandfather and Dad for instance hated Collingwood so much they could almost taste it . My GF told me that he preferred I didn't play with one boy down the street because the family were Collingwood supporters and Catholics as well :eek:. "Disciples of Wren and Mannix "I still remember him saying. Winning in 1980 was like winning 2 premierships to my Dad .
Don't get me wrong , I hate Carltank with a passion but Collingwood hatred is embedded in my DNA.

I know what you're talking about. Perhaps I worded it wrong. My father told stories of gangs fighting each other in the streets with fence palings embedded with rusty nails. I never meant to imply it was a FRIENDLY rivalry. But a lot of the hatred was caused by being such close neighbours. And in the depression and in times of war, local violence increases. The tigers and pies were enemies born from poverty. Similar socio-economically, similar location.

But Carlton? Superior, sanctimonious but yet, uneducated toffs who looked down on both Richmond and Collingwood because of the suburbs' postcodes. They make me sick.

Just two weeks ago a bloke at the NAB cup took offence at my female mate for dropping the F-bomb. He and his gang of approx 10 kappa slapper trakkie wearing mates started going off at us two females who were at the time standing on our own. (Our male comrades were outside the ground having a ciggie). He went on and on about using inappropriate language (by this time my friend had apologised and was desperately trying to diffuse the situation while I was getting more and more riled up). He then proceeded to call me a "dirty scum.... get back to centrelink where you belong down near punt road you scum".

typical carlton. wouldn't even know the meaning of the word "irony"

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell

grumpytiger said:
I know what you're talking about. Perhaps I worded it wrong. My father told stories of gangs fighting each other in the streets with fence palings embedded with rusty nails. I never meant to imply it was a FRIENDLY rivalry. But a lot of the hatred was caused by being such close neighbours. And in the depression and in times of war, local violence increases. The tigers and pies were enemies born from poverty. Similar socio-economically, similar location.

But Carlton? Superior, sanctimonious but yet, uneducated toffs who looked down on both Richmond and Collingwood because of the suburbs' postcodes. They make me sick.

Just two weeks ago a bloke at the NAB cup took offence at my female mate for dropping the F-bomb. He and his gang of approx 10 kappa slapper trakkie wearing mates started going off at us two females who were at the time standing on our own. (Our male comrades were outside the ground having a ciggie). He went on and on about using inappropriate language (by this time my friend had apologised and was desperately trying to diffuse the situation while I was getting more and more riled up). He then proceeded to call me a "dirty scum.... get back to centrelink where you belong down near punt road you scum".

typical carlton. wouldn't even know the meaning of the word "irony"
;D
I had a friend who used to go to the Carlton coterie called Blue Suits . Says it all i reckon.

wammo

We're from Tigerland
May 16, 2007

I have one mate that I occasionally go to the footy with who is a Carlton supporter, but the rarest of that breed, he's quite reasonable and considered in his thinking on the game. He's a very forthright bloke and just a tiny bit nuts.
It's the greatest thing to go to watch Tiges v Blues games with him because he, done up in his Blues regalia, invariably gets sick of the rubbish spewing forth from some fellow Carlton supporter near by and ends up in "heated debate" with them. I've seen him silence so many moronic CFC supporters at the footy, it's fantastic!
Always ends his confrontations by calmly taking his seat and, shaking his head, mutters something along the lines of "*smile* Carlton supporters, they're all morons!"

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia

Navy Days said:
No-one's got close to be honest, near all navy's best mates are supporters of the smug bastards.

What the hell is your problem? Mates and Carlton supporters do not belong in the same sentence.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005

I do have one mate who is a Carlton supporter. His son receives a Birthday card from Richmond every year. My mate truly hates it but his kid always loves it.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

Michael Jamerson has knocked out Henderson from the crows, with a sheppard/bump.
The review panel wont like this, This was 10 times worse then Cotchins bump against North last year and he got 4 weeks!! Because he is a Carlton player he will at least get 2...
but im loving it!!!

Brooklyn Tiger

Tiger Matchwinner
Nov 23, 2008
Brooklyn, NY

Pies........all the way. i hate everything about them. Have for 20 odd years and will always. i would disown my own son if he walked in the house with that black and white filth....

I hate eddie, joffa and every other toothless, mullet, drunk, inbred degenerate from smith st.....

bumbers and blues are up there but pies, hands down - everytime.

i don't really know why but im starting to add Port to the list also.....

brigadiertiger

Tiger Champion
Dec 1, 2005

Hate is a very powerful emotion as powerful as love and the only club that deserves my emotional energy is Richmond the other clubs are just there.

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007

zippadeee said:
Michael Jamerson has knocked out Henderson from the crows, with a sheppard/bump.
The review panel wont like this, This was 10 times worse then Cotchins bump against North last year and he got 4 weeks!! Because he is a Carlton player he will at least get 2...
but im loving it!!!

You were right! He got 2!

Col.E.Kurtz

Tiger Legend
Apr 4, 2005

I'm with the other bloke on PRE (Baloo?) who said I would be happy to start 1-5 if the 1 was Carlton

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008

Is it carlton????? 1972,1982,elliot,the making of Fevola?

Is it collingwood??????????trade war that set us back to current times,Maguire?

Hate to see a love child of the two.

murraycray

Tiger Cub
May 22, 2009

It's only a game. Having said that if you guys beat us in the first game, I'll be a bit snakey for an hour or so.
But my tiger bred mrs, will be happy. And that has it's own benefits. ;)

smasha

Richmond Forever
May 23, 2003
Bundoora

murraycray said:
It's only a game. Having said that if you guys beat us in the first game, I'll be a bit snakey for an hour or so.
But my tiger bred mrs, will be happy. And that has it's own benefits. ;)

Carlton know where the good looking birds are.