Changes for Next Week Brisbane | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes for Next Week Brisbane

Sorry if I missed it somewhere , does Edwards making 300 this week make him an AFL life member ?
They get 2 seats in the AFL members each week I think when they reach 200 ?
Maybe Titch Edwards can use his two seats for round 22 and 23
The seats allocated in N15 and N16

• Dislike
Reactions: 2 users
Pilot Medical Update ahead of Sunday's Round 20 match against Brisbane at the MCG.

Tom Lynch, hamstring

"He's had a pretty good week-and-a-half. Initially, the injury against Gold Coast (Round 17) in the first five minutes of the game, there wasn't too much in it, but it was enough for us to withdraw him from the game and put him back into our rehab group after some scans. He got going pretty quickly in the first seven days, then last week he progressed and was running quite fast by the end of the week. So, we've pretty much started full training this week and he completed full training today. We've got another session on Thursday... And I anticipate he'll be selected for Sunday's game."

Dustin Martin, hamstring

"Dustin initially had the incident against West Coast (Round 16) and it was determined as a minor hamstring issue. Based on Dustin's previous history, he's recovered quite well from these sorts of things. But we found two weeks in that it was moving a little slower than we would have liked, and last week he was doing some strides at about 50 per cent and felt a little bit of a grab in that same tissue. He had some scans which showed what we thought had happened and we've just had to take back a step and slow his running down. He's had two running sessions since and got through those, but we've had to go back a little bit in terms of his rehab program in the gym environment as well. It's going to extend his timeframe which is unfortunate and disappointing, but we want to make sure when we get players back, they're back and they stay back."

Jack Ross, knee

"He had a little bit of a medial ligament strain in his knee from a training session a few weeks ago. Last week, he participated in full training but still didn't feel quite right. But he's full trained today and feels a lot better and I'd expect he'll be available for selection this weekend."

Samson Ryan, concussion

"He copped a knock in the game and at the time there weren't any symptoms that needed attention. But, he reported some headache symptoms on Monday morning and the doctor has made the call that he needs to sit out this week. It's a bit of a delayed effect from a knock in the game. As we know with concussion, we take it seriously and it's really important for the player welfare that we make a smart decision."

Kane Lambert's retirement

"It was an amazing speech that he did... What he's had to deal with for his hip has been ongoing for a while now. He's played in premierships and in the later stages of those years, even the 2020 premiership, what he's been able to train through and manage is quite extraordinary. Even this year, his determination to complete some training so he could play and be available. He's also made a brave call around his retirement and the timing of it. He's been awesome to work with and the impact he's had on our footy club... We're just so lucky to have had Kane here at Richmond."

Richmond Injury List:

Probable

Tom Lynch - hamstring

Jack Ross – knee

Mate Colina – H & S protocols

Unavailable

Samson Ryan - concussion

Dustin Martin – hamstring (medium-term)

The last time we played Brisbane was JRs 300th and we won.No pressure for doing the same with Edwards 300th.And just adding that the Dogs have been drawn and quartered in their last 2 away games so beating Geelong at Kardinia is not likely.The Saints will find Hawthorn who have won their last 3 games too hard to overcome...........................so back into the 8 for the Tiges this week. Oh and this time to stay there.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
The last time we played Brisbane was JRs 300th and we won.No pressure for doing the same with Edwards 300th.And just adding that the Dogs have been drawn and quartered in their last 2 away games so beating Geelong at Kardinia is not likely.The Saints will find Hawthorn who have won their last 3 games too hard to overcome...........................so back into the 8 for the Tiges this week. Oh and this time to stay there.
i like the way you think :)

Reactions: 1 user
love this week strangely enough

do or die, not more cute selections or second-guessing the oppo

just pick the fastest team possible and put it on Tom's head with MRJ, Jack, Cumberland and Shai hovering

go for glory Tigers

Reactions: 4 users
love this week strangely enough

do or die, not more cute selections or second-guessing the oppo

just pick the fastest team possible and put it on Tom's head with MRJ, Jack, Cumberland and Shai hovering

go for glory Tigers
yep
out : soldo (miller/balta relief) graham (no cotch ross AND graham)
in : lynch ross
HRS wing...pickett middle
but
sonsie ahead of mrj for me

This is more likely, contract finished, heard nothing about an extension. Three years ago he missed a huge chunk of the season with injury and staying away from the hub for the birth of his child. His impact the past two years has been underwhelming, averaging 16 disposals per game. Great player up to and including 2019 GF but it looks like he's had enough.
He was third in the 2020 Norm Smith Medal.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Hugo out.....needs a rest and touch up in the 2nds

In: Jack Ross, Tom Lynch, Thomson Dow, Rhyan Mansell

Out: Hugo Ralphsmith (omitted)

Cumberland to do the leg work, Lynch to stay close to goal, will be 21 days since he did his hammy.

Scrapping the bottom of the barrel now.
Not convinced 3 weeks is long enough for lynch.
Dow & Mansel that's 2010 type selections.

Good to see Miller is ok

Yes agree but I can’t see him playing back instead of Balta.

Our bench at the moment has Short (will play), Balta (will play), junior (should play), Soldo (could be dropped), Dow, Sonsie, Ross and Mansell.

One or two of Sonsie, Ross and Dow to play.