Changes for Prelim v geel (Friday Sept 20) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes for Prelim v geel (Friday Sept 20)

Baron Samedi

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2016
The last couple of weeks with both rucks Hardwick would’ve looked sheepishly at his coaches and been like “wait, we can have our cake and eat it too?”

The comp almost doesn’t deserve what we are about to unleash.

Zero chance of a change.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
do we know if there is anyone with a niggle leading up to this week? or does anyone have gastro? hopefully its all quiet on that front.

TV Josh

Tiger Rookie
May 26, 2005
Melbourne, VIC
do we know if there is anyone with a niggle leading up to this week? or does anyone have gastro? hopefully its all quiet on that front.

They'd better be on a strict canned-food diet after last year. Ravioli and rice pudding for afters.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004

Report is Rioli is recovering well from his ankle injury and will be ready the Friday

Reactions: 1 user

mjb

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 23, 2007
I think our system works wet or dry , that’s where we hold the advantage, it doesn’t matter.

Obviously with them , ( Collingwood game ) they don’t have that same confidence

I hope we use our system on Geelong..............dry

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
If it is wet, we may not need both Rucks and be better off with Chol, I would be putting a hard body in instead of Ellis, Geelong's strength is grunt in the packs more so than on the outside.

I don't see changes happening though.

Alternatively if it's wet you can expect benefit from Soldo smashing the ball clear of stoppages allowing our guys to maul it forward. I'd keep him in especially considering we'd expect more stoppages. I get your point of Chol, if someone goes down he could be handy redeployed forward or back. I'll get smashed for this but I reckon Nank is the one you'd consider swapping for a Chol.

MC will have some difficult decisions to make.

MackTiger

Yellow and Black
Jul 14, 2003
I heard we are copping Chamberlain, Ryan and Nichols Friday Night.

I have no words if this is true.

• Angry

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I want us to bash our last two opponents mercilessly and stamp ourselves on all who were laughing at us for 14 weeks.

Reactions: 2 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Anyone have stats on the numbers of stoppages - particularly ball ups - on wet days compared to dry?
If there’s at least the same sort of numbers then that’s why we would benefit from the two big blokes.

It looks like it’ll be dry now, so it’s a moot point. But tapping a wet ball down to a wet ground where 20 players will pressure immediately means we’ll be lucky to get even 1 clear example of a hitout cleanly leading to a chain of possessions that results in a goal...

Plus we’ve got a superstar kid available who was born to play finals, so I’m looking for any excuse to bring him in!

Last edited:

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I heard we are copping Chamberlain, Ryan and Nichols Friday Night.

I have no words if this is true.

If we got Chamberlain, I wouldn't even have words if it was false. and words come pretty Ez To mE.

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
Don’t worry about the umps.
Just worry about what we can control.
Be a Richmond Man.

Reactions: 5 users