Changes for Prelim v geel (Friday Sept 20) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes for Prelim v geel (Friday Sept 20)

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Im not against paying frees.

Im against Chamberlain leaning into his microphone and going

'tobes, tobes, tobes. yeah, you stuck your finger up his arse maaaaaaaaaate. C'mon didn't the doctor tell you nothing smaller than your elbow up the arse maaaaaaaaate'

or some equivalent convoluted descriptor

every time he blows the whistle

while the decent umps blow the whistle, throw their arm one way and go 'nuh, incorrect disposal'

Biggest gripe with them.

Chambermaid the biggest culprit which some others are starting to follow.

- stop lecturing the players
- stop telling them what the rules are.
- stop over umpiring & for us having to hear your voices so much.

If it’s an AFL directive , well stop it.
We don’t need to listen.
Just umpire the game.
Pay the frees that are there.
Players know the rules and so do most supporters , can’t say that about some of the commentary.

Reactions: 1 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Also I tend to lean with the Nankervis & Soldo combo.

Nankervis another week rest and should be fired up to exert his influence and I love that he is like another midfielder and brute tough ruckman.

A left hand right hand combination that is similar to a right & left hand combination batsmen. Hard to bowl & hope it’s a combination that works to our advantage as our midfielders know where to rove them whereas the opposition may take them time to work them out.

No change for mine even though I was looking at Ellis closely.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
it will have the opposite affect. more players will drop their knees or feign contact to the face.
Not if they don't get frees for faking, or contributing to high contact. Pay the ones that are there, call "play on you ducked" otherwise. I'm more keen to see them cut down on holding.

Reactions: 1 user

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Without Duncan the Cats still have a good midfield.

Danger, Kelly, Selwood all in good form. Any way you look at it, they are an elite midfield.

You can back in Selwood for a free kick per qtr for high tackles too.

The ruck battle will be huge.
If Hawkins doesn't get replaced by a tall I believe we need to bite the bullet and drop Soldo, especially if there will be wet conditions tomorrow.

Having a bit more leg speed around the ground may be the difference.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria

Danger, Kelly, Selwood all in good form. Any way you look at it, they are an elite midfield.

If Hawkins doesn't get replaced by a tall I believe we need to bite the bullet and drop Soldo, especially if there will be wet conditions tomorrow.

There will be no chance of rain (they say) Friday RFC4ever.

I reckon they will bring a tall in.

Big talk Henderson if Rohan doesn’t get up.

Everything you said above is pretty spot on.

I would back our rucks to do the job but I feel our midfield isn’t bad either. Prestia what 5/6 games 30+, Scissorhands, Chimp & Dusty ( time midfield & forward ).

It’s who takes their chances.
Who starts really well and puts scoreboard pressure on the other. We can’t afford a bad start like last year.

What I would give for a goalless Cats first quarter.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
The Cats are bringing that other cat in ............. Rohan.

Grimes to dead set murder him, he will be too scared to go near the footy.

Last edited:

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Not if they don't get frees for faking, or contributing to high contact. Pay the ones that are there, call "play on you ducked" otherwise. I'm more keen to see them cut down on holding.

That's the key, they have to be tough on ducking if they pay more frees.

The way they just don't enforce holding the man drives me batty, it is a major cause of congestion.

RFC4Ever, I reckon we keep the ruck duo, they are both playing well and I see it as an advantage. Maybe we could even win the clearances. With 2 tall forwards and good small forwards we should be able to get a big advantage if we can win the ruck.

DS

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
No changes. No surprise.

I'm not into omens, but if you are... the weather forecast looks eerily similar to the prelim 2 years ago. warm day. overcast and windy by the first bounce. and I'm sitting in practically the same seat. now i just need to fall arse over tit in the Beer and Burger Bar after the game

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
That's the key, they have to be tough on ducking if they pay more frees.

The way they just don't enforce holding the man drives me batty, it is a major cause of congestion.

RFC4Ever, I reckon we keep the ruck duo, they are both playing well and I see it as an advantage. Maybe we could even win the clearances. With 2 tall forwards and good small forwards we should be able to get a big advantage if we can win the ruck.

DS

What’s the correlation between hitouts, clearances, and winning?

I think it’s pretty low to non-existent.

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
No changes. No surprise.

I'm not into omens, but if you are... the weather forecast looks eerily similar to the prelim 2 years ago. warm day. overcast and windy by the first bounce. and I'm sitting in practically the same seat. now i just need to fall arse over tit in the Beer and Burger Bar after the game
My old man used to say ‘arse over turkey’ when some decorum was required. Love both descriptors!

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
What’s the correlation between hitouts, clearances, and winning?

I think it’s pretty low to non-existent.

Fair point but I still feel uneasy losing hitouts and clearances. I think it gives an unecessary advantage to the opposition.

DS

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017

Those guys you name are one way runners. As is Duncan. No defensive running for them. Guthrie the only genuine 2 way running mid in their side.

Can see Lambert kicking a couple of goals and carving them up with his running power.

I imagine they will likely defend quite deep to protect the turnover, defending deep and slow ball movement will have us locking it in our F50 a bit.

Think they may keep with us for a half but the longer the game goes the more we will outrun them. 48 or 49 point win.

Tails

Still Chasing Dreams
Mar 10, 2007
Sydney, Australia
I think we will see a similar game to the Cats v Adelaide prelim in 2017. I think we will blow them away early and emphatically and cruise thereafter

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
I think we will see a similar game to the Cats v Adelaide prelim in 2017. I think we will blow them away early and emphatically and cruise thereafter

God I hope you are right. I don't really need a nail biter tomorrow night

Reactions: 2 users

tigertime2

Our cup runneth over!
Mar 22, 2008
Cats will be primed - one blowout quarter either way can win or lose the match.