Changes for R9 v Dogs | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes for R9 v Dogs

We were never going to make wholesale changes. I wonder if Graham is the sub? You'd think either he or Campbell looking at the bench. I'm just hoping its not Sonsie, he played well last week and needs more games.

Reactions: 4 users
why not? Second bottom on the ladder, & hardly in imposing form.

Too many changes will impact the side too much IMO. They want the balance of kids in there. I also think reading Morris's comments that they want a few of the boys to back up in the 2's. His comments on Cumbo, McAuliffe, Coulthard etc were all "nearly" comments, so they will want to see them back up again on Sunday I suspect.

Mcintosh finally out woo hooo thank baby jesus
I will never understand posts like this.

I don’t have a problem with him being out of the team but a great club man and dual premiership player like Macca deserves a bit more respect than this

• Love
Reactions: 40 users

I don’t have a problem with him being out of the team but a great club man and dual premiership player like Macca deserves a bit more respect than this
A bit of sadness is what I feel. Yes time marches on but he has worked his guts out for the club.

Reactions: 9 users
Happy with the changes this week. Hoping to see Coulthard and Cumberland soon.
If Ceasar says Prestia's been training fully for 3 weeks that shows the club has kept him back, Balta was kept back an extra week too., thats good enough for me. At least we didnt drop any kids for them. People just have to be patient, we cant play all of the kids simultaneously. There will come a time in the coming weeks where some kids will get rotated out for others to get their shot. Also regardless of VFL form, I dont mind leaving Ryan there, its not as if hes magically grown core strength in 8-9 weeks since the preseason. I'm sure the club have him on a program and dont want to mess with it.

Reactions: 5 users

Unbloodybelievable.

Grimes out is significant. A statement. And the right call.

Yeah, but not omitted but rather managed.

I hope this is not a case of Grimes not being willing to play in the Magoo's.

He needs to get used to the seconds though, because that's his level now.

He's been a warrior for us in the past, but Yze owes him nothing.

Interesting to see what comes of this.

Reactions: 1 user
Too many changes will impact the side too much IMO. They want the balance of kids in there. I also think reading Morris's comments that they want a few of the boys to back up in the 2's. His comments on Cumbo, McAuliffe, Coulthard etc were all "nearly" comments, so they will want to see them back up again on Sunday I suspect.

Matthew Coulthard (18 disposals, nine marks, three inside-50s, one goal)
Morro- “I thought he had a really good game once again. His work rate is just outstanding, and there's great evidence to suggest that despite an interrupted preparation, he can still perform at a really high level.”

Great game once again Outstanding work rate Can perform at really high level and Coulthard gets overlooked

Do they really listen to Morro after what he said about Coulthard second week running?
It’s not like we’re winning (Dow Mansell Campbell) have had a good run of games
It was time they got a run in the VFL and (Coulthard Cumbo Green) got a go

Reactions: 1 users
Morro- “I thought he had a really good game once again. His work rate is just outstanding, and there's great evidence to suggest that despite an interrupted preparation, he can still perform at a really high level.”

Great game once again Outstanding work rate Can perform at really high level and Coulthard gets overlooked

Do they really listen to Morro after what he said about Coulthard second week running?
Unfortunately Morro has his say
But they don’t listen

Reactions: 1 user
I'm pretty uninspired to be honest, apart from Noahs return.

How TF can Coulthard not be in .................................................

Banks and Dow still gifted games ffs.

I'm pretty much losing interest.

Reactions: 3 users

Reading between the lines, they're not 100% sure they want to expose him at afl level right now after an interrupted pre season. I'll bet another week or 2 like his last 2 vfl games and he'll be straight in for banks.

Gobsmacked at Banks getting a game !
Seriously WTF

Yze has been really consistent with the kids this year, giving them blocks of games with our stars out, so it shouldn't surprise anyone to see Banks in there again. Some players don't come up from the 2's and immediately perform at the level, they are waiting to see if Banks can get there with a bank of games.

Reactions: 6 users
RFC are not rewarding VFL form ........................................ yet rewarding horrendous AFL form or lack of.

Whats the bet Sonsie gets the vest ............... then likely gets the arse back to the VFL after not getting a dream gifted run like others have undeservedly been getting.