Changes for Round 4 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes for Round 4

Stack
Collier dawkins
Mansell
Cumberland

Out Soldo, We need more run
Grimes has been injured since the Carlton game,
Aarts, brings back memories of Robbie Powell no good
Edwards/Cotchin cooked
George is your man come hell or high water. Do you think his appalling kicking might not be quite so costly if he advanced up the ground to join our midfield. It could do with some speed and aggression right now.

I’d give Soldo another couple to work himself into the season.

Reactions: 10 users
Personally, at the moment, there are more negatives out of playing Soldo than positives. Would be different if is was in form, so for me, back to the 2's to get that form up and about. We don't have any small forwards at the fall of the ball, the 2 main ones we are using in George and Parker are great from a defensive perspective but we also need them inside 50. Bakes also trying to play midfield and forward but not being inside 50 enough.

Out Soldo , Grimes
In Jack, Stack / Cumberland - I would guess Cumbo as Stack didn't play this weekend

Shedda and either Stack or Cumberland remain around the feet of Lynch / Jack.
Bakes rolls back into the D50, we don't need a tall replacement and with Bakes, Rioli, Short and Hugo running it out, we should springboard a lot of attacks from our defensive half.
I think they'll look for Sonsie to back this week up in the 2's. Our midfield rebounded strongly against GWS from the Carlton mauling, so I suspect they will be given another crack at it, but we need Shai to play as much midfield as he can physically cope with. He's been drifting out of games, and we need to challenge him to stay more involved. I think we all expected him to move forward from last year and take another step forward but really he's taken a step back, disposals are down, clearances are down. I reckon he's been more involved at the centre clearance, but not the same around the ground.

Call me *smile* bonkers, but I'm more confident about beating the Dogs than I was about beating St Kilda.

I just think that we can exploit them in the key posts, as long as our mids don't their mids walk it out of the centre.
no chance they will walk it out. more likely to throw it clear, or kick it from the frees they get.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Personally, at the moment, there are more negatives out of playing Soldo than positives. Would be different if is was in form, so for me, back to the 2's to get that form up and about. We don't have any small forwards at the fall of the ball, the 2 main ones we are using in George and Parker are great from a defensive perspective but we also need them inside 50. Bakes also trying to play midfield and forward but not being inside 50 enough.

Out Soldo , Grimes
In Jack, Stack / Cumberland - I would guess Cumbo as Stack didn't play this weekend

Shedda and either Stack or Cumberland remain around the feet of Lynch / Jack.
Bakes rolls back into the D50, we don't need a tall replacement and with Bakes, Rioli, Short and Hugo running it out, we should springboard a lot of attacks from our defensive half.
I think they'll look for Sonsie to back this week up in the 2's. Our midfield rebounded strongly against GWS from the Carlton mauling, so I suspect they will be given another crack at it, but we need Shai to play as much midfield as he can physically cope with. He's been drifting out of games, and we need to challenge him to stay more involved. I think we all expected him to move forward from last year and take another step forward but really he's taken a step back, disposals are down, clearances are down. I reckon he's been more involved at the centre clearance, but not the same around the ground.

The other reason to leave out Soldo, is our rotations. His TOG % for the 1st 3 games is 60%, 62% and 59%. Frankly, thats not good enough. He needs to get his TOG up higher, and if that means going back to the 2's to develop his forward craft or defensive intercept marking then he needs to. The effect those low minutes on the ground have, is it tires the rest of the team a lot more.

We are getting nothing from him in the ruck, nothing around the ground and he's affecting the rest of the teams rotations. I personally cannot see how we can carry Soldo at this stage. He needs to get back to the 2's, develop into more than just a tap ruckman and grow his fitness base.

Reactions: 5 users
Dimma will not large scale changes.

Gimes injured, Jack back, balance of talls v the dogs, Aarts plays VFL. Sonsie, MRJ, Miller might get a look in. That is it. Right now (as you do as senior coach) its half glass full. We are laying very good football but with two all might scoring streaks against us in Round 1 and 2.

Stack wont be coming in he didnt even play on the weekend.

That said I'd be bringing him in anyway instead of Aarts

Biggy is a already a better defender than Miller and should be picked ahead of him if we are serious about development.

Not sure where the luv for Miller is coming from? He was average in the VFL on the weekend whilst Biggy stood out

Reactions: 1 user
Wow!!
This all makes for some serious concerns reading this thread.
Nobody seems to have much of an idea of who should come in or go out.
The choices are threadbare, especially for the midfield yet again.

Dimma will not large scale changes.

Gimes injured, Jack back, balance of talls v the dogs, Aarts plays VFL. Sonsie, MRJ, Miller might get a look in. That is it. Right now (as you do as senior coach) its half glass full. We are laying very good football but with two all might scoring streaks against us in Round 1 and 2.
Agree Pops he wont make many changes,

IMO though good teams don't let the opposition have high scoring streaks. like that.

As of right now we are not a good team.

Good teams don't do what we have been doing.

Reactions: 3 users
Just read a sobering stat.

We are ranked 18th for pressure acts after 3 rounds!

Its down right embarrassing for the club, players and coaches that we sit behind West Coast who are struggling to fill a team and #lolnorf who have half the talent we do.

I can cop not being good enough I can't cop raising the white flag in 2 out of 3 games.

Those blokes that cheat, chase easy kicks and only run one way need to be outed and sent packing.

Reactions: 5 users
The other reason to leave out Soldo, is our rotations. His TOG % for the 1st 3 games is 60%, 62% and 59%. Frankly, thats not good enough. He needs to get his TOG up higher, and if that means going back to the 2's to develop his forward craft or defensive intercept marking then he needs to. The effect those low minutes on the ground have, is it tires the rest of the team a lot more.
Soldo's TOG % for the 1st 3 games of 60%, 62% and 59% is about all he ever spends on the ground when he shares the ruck with Nank.

Personally, I'd rather that they aren't on the ground too much at the same time.

Reactions: 1 users
Soldo's TOG % for the 1st 3 games of 60%, 62% and 59% is about all he ever spends on the ground when he shares the ruck with Nank.

Personally, I'd rather that they aren't on the ground too much at the same time.

Yeah I get that, but we are a lot older than we were in 2020, when he last played a lot of footy. Age is creeping up, and we need to share those recovery minutes around more, we just don't have the luxury to have Soldo on the bench for 32 minutes of the 80 any longer.

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah I get that, but we are a lot older than we were in 2020, when he last played a lot of footy. Age is creeping up, and we need to share those recovery minutes around more, we just don't have the luxury to have Soldo on the bench for 32 minutes of the 80 any longer.
If Nank and Soldo spend more time on the ground at the same than what they have in the past, that will make us too slow and cumbersome.

How about Jack, Balta and Lynch forward, with Balta giving Nank a chop out in the ruck.

If Nank and Soldo spend more time on the ground at the same than what they have in the past, that will make us too slow and cumbersome.

How about Jack, Balta and Lynch forward, with Balta giving Nank a chop out in the ruck.

Thats what I prefer. Soldo at the moment provides us very little in the forward line. If he went up there and took heaps of contested marks so we can control the ball fine, but generally when it goes forward, he's not marking it, he's bringing it to ground and as you say we are then too slow, and bang it gets rebounded out of there.

I can take losing to a better team as long as we put four quarters of real effort so any changes to the team for next week has to give all for four quarters. Based on yesterday we are about six or seven players down on that