Changes for the Dogs at Marvel | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes for the Dogs at Marvel

A 5 day break after a pretty hard fought programme post Dimma. Time for a rest for some and a change for others, with no offence taken.

In: Bauer, Caulthard, Cumberland, Nankervis, Short and Trezise.
Out: Cotchin, Grimes, Pickett, Miller, McIntosh and Riewoldt.

B Young Broad Rioli
HB Short Vlastuin Trezise*
C Ross Martin Banks
HF Mansell Baker Prestia
F Cumberland Balta Hopper
R Nankervis Taranto Bolton
I/C Bauer Caulthard Graham and Soldo
Sub Pickett.
They’ll make some changes, but we all know, even under McQualter, that unless injury hits hard there is no way known that 6 changes will be made.

How the **** do we go from playing a late 3.20pm Sunday game to then playing on a Friday night the next. And against 2 top 8 teams.

*** unreal this corrupted and contrived competition.

Reactions: 15 users
How the **** do we go from playing a late 3.20pm Sunday game to then playing on a Friday night the next. And against 2 top 8 teams.

*** unreal this corrupted and contrived competition.
It’s this whole rolling fixture that we all ‘wanted’. Just like Gather Round.

We were Gawn against Melbourne in that last quarter.

and English killed us last time against the dogs.

Need to reverse that.

I want class and goal kicking power added and though we are still in the race for this year , I’d like to have a look at some youngsters this week. No doubt the short turn around isn’t ideal for our old blokes , I’d like to see Cumberland, Ryan , Coulthard and Sonsie come in , love to ad more pace but not sure we have it .

Nank and Short will certainly help

Reactions: 1 users
A few lauded players were caught out against a top 4 team after a couple of soft, unconvincing kills against weak oppo.

Wholesale changes or is this the best we've got?
Over to you match committee..

Reactions: 1 user
Miller (injured if not needs to go to VFL), Banks (gained experienced now makes way for Shorty), Mansell , Cotch (rest), in Nank, Cumberland, Shorty, Bauer.

A radically changed foward line
In CUMBERLAND FFS ..JUST PLAY HIM
Clarke .Sonse ..Coulthard .nank

Out cotch..graham..mansell..j.miller

Ins: Nank, Short, Cumberland
Outs: Miller, Banks, Mansell
We are not playing finals so you want to drop Banks and Mansell? Try Grimes, Vlastuin and Cotchin and look to the future. Nick is a fabulous spare man in defence but this means you are locked into a Hardwick 7 man defence structure. Man up on Nick and he is very ordinary and slow. New coach needs opportunity to have his own game plan. Need to develop young players who will excell at man on man defence but also have an attacking flair (Tresize etc).
FWIW even without Lynch RFC is the No1 most efficient forward line in the AFL! We continue each week to kick winnable scores its not where we lost last nights game.

In Nank Short Cumberland Bauer
Out Miller Banks Mansell Cotchin
Bauer fwd, Pickett wing, Ross mid.

We very rarely make wholesale changes so it may be something like in Short and Bauer or Bradtke and rested are Cotch and Jack.
I think Prestia could even be managed as well, either this week or the St Kilda game.

The ladder doesn’t lie as Mini said.

Beating the Dogs at Marvel looks another difficult task with this side.

Hope we can but not confident in the least.
Not if we power our forward line with Bauer and Cumbo. Dogs fall apart under pressure. 2 musts this week and we can finally get over this Dimma hate of not wanting to play at the Dump. I reckon he put this into the players' minds considering we've played better there before.

We were Gawn against Melbourne in that last quarter.

and English killed us last time against the dogs.

Need to reverse that.
I was really disappointed in Soldo's physical game against Gawn. (Many expletives towards tv) I half expected Soldo to help Gawn up after contests. When you are outclassed, you have to apply a lot more pressure than that. (See Nick Daicos)

Soldo used to have some mongrel in him... now I say trade him.

We are not playing finals so you want to drop Banks and Mansell? Try Grimes, Vlastuin and Cotchin and look to the future. Nick is a fabulous spare man in defence but this means you are locked into a Hardwick 7 man defence structure. Man up on Nick and he is very ordinary and slow. New coach needs opportunity to have his own game plan. Need to develop young players who will excell at man on man defence but also have an attacking flair (Tresize etc).
FWIW even without Lynch RFC is the No1 most efficient forward line in the AFL! We continue each week to kick winnable scores its not where we lost last nights game.

Well, you can't say that just yet, we are half a game out of the 8. Banks will go out for Short, we aint gonna have 8 defenders., Mini has pretty much kept the same -same as under Dimma. I like Trezise and Brown.

Miller goes out for Nank. Mansell should be in the reserves after two bad games. Grimes has been in average form but do you reckon they will drop the captain? Cotchin I agree bad game but again they seem to not be dropping premiership players.

Vlustuin makes his usual mistakes but he had 20 disposals and 8 marks. He wasn't the issue in our defence, all of Balta, Young, and Grimes were soundly beaten.

Last quarter our structure went out of whack, with Balta going forward and Miller even though poor was subbed, I would've subbed Cotchin.

Yes, we are efficient and Clearances killed us but with say a Cumberland who knows we could've opened up a sizeable lead. Melbourne had many more marks inside 50, they had multiple options in petty, van rooyen, and even Melksham and we didn't as we are relying a bit too much on our midfielders pushing forward. Bauer and Cumbers could really add another mix to this forward line.

Last edited:
Vlastuin??? Come on Fraser are you on the sauce..