Changes for the Dogs at Marvel | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes for the Dogs at Marvel

Rest/managed whatever you want to call it , injury & positional changes.:

Out: Graham, KMac, Cotch, Jack, Hopper, Grimes
Miller (inj)

In: Bauer, Nankervis, Get Shorty, Clarke, Cumberland, Ryan.

B: Young, Balta, Baker
HB: Broad, Vlaustin, Mansell
C: Banks, TT, Pickett
HF: Clarke, Samson, Rioli
F: The Ferrari, Bauer, Martin

FOLL: Nank, Ross, Shai

INTER: Soldo, Prestia, Cumberland
SUB: Short ( left field thought due to long layoff and being withdrawn last week )

Won’t happen but I think it gives us the best chance if we want to beat the Dogs, MC & Coach believe we can still make finals.

Nank & Soldo to work English over. Be physical against him. Off the bench. Ruck for longer periods. Be on the ground.

Rioli & The Ferrari together in the forward line. Bevo will possibly not anticipate this bold move.

Clarke to play the Graham role.

Pickett back on the wing.

Mansell & Baker back to provide toughness and both of them together run. I know it’s robbing Peter to play Paul but got to try some things.

Samson to provide that forward option that Jack hasn’t been able too. Like Cotch their bodies have taken a battering and both are playing injured. Time to rest them. See what others can do.

Ready for what will come my way after posting the above;

Waiting.

Reactions: 1 users
In Nank Short Cumberland Bauer
Out Miller Banks Mansell Cotchin
Bauer fwd, Pickett wing, Ross mid.

If we made these 4 changes, I would be more confident of beating the dogs. Keath and Bruce are out and not sure if Liam Jones is coming back this week or not.
Undersized backline. Bauer and Cumbers are both good in the air and on the lead too. Short will provide run and can kick long range goals from outside 50.

Reactions: 2 users
If we made these 4 changes, I would be more confident of beating the dogs. Keath and Bruce are out and not sure if Liam Jones is coming back this week or not.
Undersized backline. Bauer and Cumbers are both good in the air and on the lead too. Short will provide run and can kick long range goals from outside 50.
I like it ...We N E E D to stop playing non fowards as fowards and play actual fowards

Though I don’t like much about our forward line atm , it’s a possibility Jack will have a well earnt rest this week , I wouldn’t be against having a look at next years forward line , it would be a huge test for Bevo to coach against something he hasn’t seen.
Id bring in Ryan, Cumberland, Bauer and Coulthard , rest Jack, rest Miller permanently, drop Mansell and Pickett , we ad pace and a better unit of goal scorers .

Wont happen I know , I’m just so over these make shift forwards

I was really disappointed in Soldo's physical game against Gawn. (Many expletives towards tv) I half expected Soldo to help Gawn up after contests. When you are outclassed, you have to apply a lot more pressure than that. (See Nick Daicos)

Soldo used to have some mongrel in him... now I say trade him.
Mate you watchend from home? I was at the ground. Soldo courage and effort can’t be faulted. Perhaps blame Nankervis for getting rubbed out.Soldo not the first AFL ruckman Gawn has worn down.

Reactions: 7 users
Let’s hope the selectors have learnt their lesson from last week by making no changes v Melb. Need to make at least 2 this week.

They’ll make some changes, but we all know, even under McQualter, that unless injury hits hard there is no way known that 6 changes will be made.
Yes based on what we have so far seen it is highly unlikely that he will make so many changes.

However the team faces huge difficulties, which have become more evident against the better teams.

Balta, Baker, Bolton, Broad, Hopper, Martin, Nankervis, Rioli D, Short, Prestia and Taranto, plus Ross and Young who have emerged this season, carry the load now and that number is just not enough against the teams we still need to beat if we are to get into finals, and then go on and actually win one..

Again the old chest nut. Not saying the ins are better than the outs at this stage. But those not included have been losing form steadily over the period and can't be expected to do more against the better teams, except maybe Graham, Mansell and Soldo, who of course again deserve selection.

In summary imo this week is our last chance of getting a game into a couple of our younger players who are seemingly ready to make a contribution, possibly against even the better teams. They may or may not succeed, but having regard to the current form of most of the outs, we really have nothing to lose.

Reactions: 1 user
Rest/managed whatever you want to call it , injury & positional changes.:

Out: Graham, KMac, Cotch, Jack, Hopper, Grimes
Miller (inj)

In: Bauer, Nankervis, Get Shorty, Clarke, Cumberland, Ryan.

B: Young, Balta, Baker
HB: Broad, Vlaustin, Mansell
C: Banks, TT, Pickett
HF: Clarke, Samson, Rioli
F: The Ferrari, Bauer, Martin

FOLL: Nank, Ross, Shai

INTER: Soldo, Prestia, Cumberland
SUB: Short ( left field thought due to long layoff and being withdrawn last week )

Won’t happen but I think it gives us the best chance if we want to beat the Dogs, MC & Coach believe we can still make finals.

Nank & Soldo to work English over. Be physical against him. Off the bench. Ruck for longer periods. Be on the ground.

Rioli & The Ferrari together in the forward line. Bevo will possibly not anticipate this bold move.

Clarke to play the Graham role.

Pickett back on the wing.

Mansell & Baker back to provide toughness and both of them together run. I know it’s robbing Peter to play Paul but got to try some things.

Samson to provide that forward option that Jack hasn’t been able too. Like Cotch their bodies have taken a battering and both are playing injured. Time to rest them. See what others can do.

Ready for what will come my way after posting the above;

Waiting.
I'm with you Mr Patience. Pull the plug on the season and give us a decent look at some of next year's probables.

Curious to see what Brown, Tresize, Biggie and Bauer look like.

Mujo in the middle - yes. Clarke on a wing - yes. Cumberband of course. Even Dow and Ralpho can play out the season to save / lose their spots.

Sounds like bulldogs will be short on tall defenders so it might be time to get nankervis and Ryan back in
Maybe miller too

And have the tigers got over their fear of marvel?

In; Cumbo, Bauer, Nank, Short and Clarke
Out; Cotchin, Pickett, Soldo, Grimes and Graham

Cumbucket bauer nankervis coulthard in think short might have had a mishap hope im wrong
Cotch grimes and kmac out pickett to sub

We've got two threads for this.

Surely if we get four threads we will make quicker, better and more consistent recommendations for the match committee.

Logic clearly shows that Just running one thread is leading to some arthritis in the typing fingers so by spreading the load over four threads will shrink it by four.

Everyone wins.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Cumbucket bauer nankervis coulthard in think short might have had a mishap hope im wrong
Cotch grimes and kmac out pickett to sub
Kmac kicked two goals and was involved? I agree to rest Cotch for Cumberland, we need Bauer for Miller, Nank for someone.

Ins ,Nankervis,Short,Bauer, Cumberland.
Out,Cotch,Miller,Mansell, Coulthard (maybe sub and Cumberland not in.