Changes for the grand final rematch v GWS | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes for the grand final rematch v GWS

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
By my count we have have 10 players in the team who were not picked in the ND. We have just 6 first rounders and only 3 of those were top 10.

would be interesting to compare that to the giants

Richmond Tiger Talk podcast did this comparison in this weeks episode and the difference is huge

Ice

Tiger Superstar
Jul 18, 2006
Huge 4 games coming up. GWS, Bulldogs, Brisbane and Port. Probably only start favourite in the bulldogs game. Huge ask with so many injuries - I would be very happy with 2 wins from these 4 games.

Reactions: 1 users

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
As mentioned before a champion team(Richmond) will always beat a team of champions(GWS)

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
strange odds for this game. we are $2.35.

Yet I'm not sure I'm confident to put my hard earned on at those odds. Giants will come out firing, we have a young team of less talent than them. But if both teams follow their form from last week, we should win easily

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Huge 4 games coming up. GWS, Bulldogs, Brisbane and Port. Probably only start favourite in the bulldogs game. Huge ask with so many injuries - I would be very happy with 2 wins from these 4 games.

Have a look at the soft draw the Mudpies have in those 4 games.

How can that be??

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Cant tell if you are serious or not. Mudpies have alot of travelling come up, and without degogey for 10 weeks, i dont think they will be an issue for us.

yep, they have a heap of roadtrips which is something they are not particularly used to.

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
What I am referring to is who they have to play.

Not one of the top 8 teams, but Freo, Melbourne, etc., etc.

Have a look at the draw and you will see what I mean.

sconies

Tiger Rookie
Aug 22, 2019
welp.
Yet I'm not sure I'm confident to put my hard earned on at those odds. Giants will come out firing, we have a young team of less talent than them. But if both teams follow their form from last week, we should win easily

I've made a self-imposed rule to not bet on Richmond games as it takes away from just barracking for the team, but If I didn't I'd be putting down some cash on those odds.

RaoulJuke

Tiger Rookie
Sep 17, 2016
Harsh!! Riley has been on the list for only 1 year of VFL development football, this year unfortunately is a write off for these guys trying to push their case.

Don't give me that Eggs, Chol, Aarts etc have gone past him :

Eggs, (22yo), drafted 2017, Chol, (23), drafted 2015 and Aarts is a 25 year old.

Riley, (20yo), drafted 2018.

Just because a couple of those boys came through academy's doesn't mean they deserve 4 or 5 years to develop and yet you are only giving Riley one :rolleyes:

Dimma did say in his last press conference he would love to get the likes of Riley in the side, my guess is they are waiting for Riley to tick one more box and that is getting from contest to contest and more 2 way running, (having no VFL is a huge impediment to improving and monitoring this area).

This is hardly a surprising area of required improvement as it was Riley's biggest weakness coming out of the draft combine where he was bottom 20% in 2km time trial. This will take several pre-seasons to build to required levels although he would be getting games with lesser clubs.

Once this contract freeze is over Riley would be the 1st player I would sign up, will be a inside bull that can spread in time IMO.
I wouldnt say its that harsh. Im not the one who pumped the "training the house down", "expect him to take the leap" & "Dangerfieleque" media storyline through the pre-season, dimma did that.

To then have 4/5 of the top players in his ilposition injured for several weeks, have his closest "type & role" player in Graham horrifically out of form & dropped, & still not get even close to a sniff - it does make u wonder why u gave him & the supporters the hype.

I mean, he compared him to bloody Dangerfield!
Harsh!! Riley has been on the list for only 1 year of VFL development football, this year unfortunately is a write off for these guys trying to push their case.

Don't give me that Eggs, Chol, Aarts etc have gone past him :

Eggs, (22yo), drafted 2017, Chol, (23), drafted 2015 and Aarts is a 25 year old.

Riley, (20yo), drafted 2018.

Just because a couple of those boys came through academy's doesn't mean they deserve 4 or 5 years to develop and yet you are only giving Riley one :rolleyes:

Dimma did say in his last press conference he would love to get the likes of Riley in the side, my guess is they are waiting for Riley to tick one more box and that is getting from contest to contest and more 2 way running, (having no VFL is a huge impediment to improving and monitoring this area).

This is hardly a surprising area of required improvement as it was Riley's biggest weakness coming out of the draft combine where he was bottom 20% in 2km time trial. This will take several pre-seasons to build to required levels although he would be getting games with lesser clubs.

Once this contract freeze is over Riley would be the 1st player I would sign up, will be a inside bull that can spread in time IMO.
I wouldnt say its that harsh. Im not the one who pumped the "training the house down", "expect him to take the leap" & "Dangerfieleque" media storyline through the pre-season, dimma did that.

To then have 4/5 of the top players in his ilposition injured for several weeks, have his closest "type & role" player in Graham horrifically out of form & dropped, & still not get even close to a sniff - it does make u wonder why he gave him & the supporters the big kev treatment

I mean, he compared him to bloody Dangerfield, & then didnt give him a sniff with Cotchin, caddy, prestia, edwards, houli, graham, vlaustin missing games. That is a huge fall from the Feb write up.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Raoul Juke

Tiger Rookie
Mar 23, 2019
Interesting side fact to this, Only 2 of our last decades worth of first round picks is in the side tonight.

from a decades worth of first rounders, only Higgins, Bolton, Rioli & Vlaustin remain on the list &have played 20 games or more. All of them predominately flankers & pockets.

None of this is to poo on the club, it would be an odd strategy to take with 2 flags and a 7 goal lead in hand - i just love breaking down list managements and how they create success, or damn a side to mediocrity for decades. Our side is incredibly unique in so many ways. Once our era is up it will be very interesting to see how history compares us to the other multi flag teams of the past 3 decades.

Reactions: 1 user

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015

To then have 4/5 of the top players in his ilposition injured for several weeks, have his closest "type & role" player in Graham horrifically out of form & dropped, & still not get even close to a sniff - it does make u wonder why u gave him & the supporters the hype.

I mean, he compared him to bloody Dangerfield!

To then have 4/5 of the top players in his ilposition injured for several weeks, have his closest "type & role" player in Graham horrifically out of form & dropped, & still not get even close to a sniff - it does make u wonder why he gave him & the supporters the big kev treatment

I mean, he compared him to bloody Dangerfield, & then didnt give him a sniff with Cotchin, caddy, prestia, edwards, houli, graham, vlaustin missing games. That is a huge fall from the Feb write up.

Patience Grasshopper there is a thing called development. A lot of players get labelled with a plays like comparison which only means they have some of their attributes which if nurtured bodes well, doesn't mean they are ready now.