Changes for the Mundy game | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes for the Mundy game

Will Ross be fit? If so, he was looking a bit better so he should be selected.

Has Pickett been reported? It has been weeks and I figure the Match Review Officer will get the sack if Pickett is available. If the MRO doesn't do his usual job then Pickett into the middle.

Sounds like no Martin for another week.

Gibcus, we'll have to wait for the injury report, but maybe just needs a rest. Stop swinging him around too, he is a defender. Defenders are valuable. Let him play where he plays best.

In fact, stop swinging players around, it just ain't working. Leave Balta back too. Maybe we end up a bit tall down back but I would keep Miller in, he shows decent signs and needs a good run at seniors.

Aarts, do we really need to ask the question?

I'd have MRJ back. Yes, he needs to find more ball, but I reckon it is something he can learn.

I reckon we have seen enough of RCD and he isn't exactly showing promise in the VFL, looking like a bust. If he can't get a game now he is looking like he will be delisted.

Cannot see room for Castagna, nor can I see any reason to pick him, form is terrible.

Freo are good, a bit inconsistent, but a big challenge, especially at that wack place West of the city.

DS

Reactions: 2 users
Need some small fowaeds who am create pressure...lay a *smile* tackle..actually chase
Even if its george parker stack ? Rioli jnr...all the times opposition just waltz it straight out is infuriating ....most foward entries...least tackles

Gibcus, we'll have to wait for the injury report, but maybe just needs a rest. Stop swinging him around too, he is a defender. Defenders are valuable. Let him play where he plays best.

In fact, stop swinging players around, it just ain't working. Leave Balta back too. Maybe we end up a bit tall down back but I would keep Miller in, he shows decent signs and needs a good run at seniors.
That is one of our issues- there is now way we can play Gibcus, Balta, Tarrant and Miller down back together- we cant even play 3 of them, next to Grimes and Broad.
Balta is one of the best KPDs in the league, but he is also our best chance 3rd KPF/2 ruck- or at least the one that gives us the most upside.
I was against playing Gibcus forward. Until this week. After the Suns game it was obvious we needed support for Jack- that wasnt Soldo. I thought he was worth a try. probably shouldnt be tried again, at least this year- cameo maybe, starting line up no.

but after Saturday I wonder if it is worth shifting Miller forward/ruck and Balta back. I know dealing with the ball above head height isnt Miller's strength, but in reality he couldnt do less than Balta up forward, and is at least a mobile tall the opposition need to watch. And Balta gets to return to his natural home. or Miller out, Balta back and Ryan in. but I am not sure he is really ready to be useful playing up front as a 2nd tall.

Reactions: 1 users
Balta is a daylight footballer, appears to struggle with his contact lenses under lights in comparison

Reactions: 1 user
Ins: *Dusty, Ross
Outs: Gibcus (inj), Aarts

Sub: Edwards

* It will be about 3 weeks next Friday night since dusty did his minor hammy. I expect him to play, but if he doesn't then no doubt the week after V the lions at the G

Very happy with our 5 pics from last year's draft, all have been contributing well in their first seasn whether at senior level or reserves level.

View attachment 16026
View attachment 16027
Nice to see Brown showing some form.

In Soldo, Ryan
Out Gibcus, Miller

Balta plays back on Lobb. Tarrant on Taberner. We will want Grimes on Walters I reckon.
I'd have Ross or MRJ in for Edwards but it won't happen. Ross or MRJ then as the sub. Aarts - never again please.

Need 2 smalls who have to nothing else but run chase and tackle...im not sure who that is
Rioli? George ? Parker ?....edwards sub

In Soldo, Ryan
Out Gibcus, Miller

Balta plays back on Lobb. Tarrant on Taberner. We will want Grimes on Walters I reckon.
I'd have Ross or MRJ in for Edwards but it won't happen. Ross or MRJ then as the sub. Aarts - never again please.

There are buckleys and none that we will put in two players over 2 meters tall on the fast track of marvel

I'm hoping dusty is fit and Ross too, but if not dusty, they may go Soldo and Ross but not even sure if soldo is right from thumb surgery.

Miller ain't going out. Apart from that shank in the last, overall did his job. 12 disposals. 3 marks, 3 tackles. 1 goal. 308 meters gained at 83% DE
Our co-captain had 6 kicked on him by Zurhaar.

Just on Gibcus, dimma said he will be out this week due to his shoulder.

I would give any players in line to be delisted a final run in the seniors just to make sure they have nothing left to offer. Maybe one last chance for RCD, Dow, Martyn and Biggy at some stage. I don't think we need to look at Aarts and Parker again. We know they bring effort but just aren't polished enough to be AFL players. The season has gone the same way as last year. I don't think we win again this year now.

I think Cotch and Jack have earned the right to go on if they want to. Titch as sad as it is and he has been a club legend should get to 300 and then retire. He is a complete liability defensively now. Lambo's hip looks like it is unfixable unfourtuantly.

The club got so much so right for a long period. It gets harder to stay at the top. Some things are in your control like recruiting and development and some aren't like Dusty's dad dying and Lambo's hip. I hope we are going to work on the RCD and Dow picks to work out what went wrong and why they just don't have it make AFL players.

In Soldo Ross Stack
Out Gibcus, Edwards, Aarts, Ralphsmith
Sub Edwards

There are buckleys and none that we will put in two players over 2 meters tall on the fast track of marvel

I'm hoping dusty is fit and Ross too, but if not dusty, they may go Soldo and Ross but not even sure if soldo is right from thumb surgery.

Miller ain't going out. Apart from that shank in the last, overall did his job. 12 disposals. 3 marks, 3 tackles. 1 goal. 308 meters gained at 83% DE
Our co-captain had 6 kicked on him by Zurhaar.

Just on Gibcus, dimma said he will be out this week due to his shoulder.

I was just looking at the same structure as we had on Saturday. Gibcus played forward so replaced with Ryan. Balta is a backman so I have Soldo replacing him in the ruck and Balta going back which displaces Miller. Its a balance thing rather than anything Miller did.

I suspect what will happen though it will just be Soldo in for Gibcus and Balta stays forward.

Club officially confirm Dusty and Lynch won't play. We're screwed if we weren't already.

Don’t be surprised to see Stack named this week

I would rather we start blooding more of our kids to see if they are part of our future. As least they will give their all with that AFL career chance ahead of them unlike a number of our established stars who are just going through the motions

I was just looking at the same structure as we had on Saturday. Gibcus played forward so replaced with Ryan. Balta is a backman so I have Soldo replacing him in the ruck and Balta going back which displaces Miller. Its a balance thing rather than anything Miller did.

I suspect what will happen though it will just be Soldo in for Gibcus and Balta stays forward.

I can't recall whether dimma said it or someone else, that we were perhaps one tall to many. Is that why Gibcus went off. I've read posts saying doubt he injured his shoulder (rumour talk) and he looked pissed off on the bench. Maybe they thought they needed more run etc

Anyways I think soldo comes in if fit, we know dimma likes to have two rucks and I'm hoping ross too comes in if fit.