Changes for West Coast Next Week | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes for West Coast Next Week

1st 12 games we played 8 at MCG, 2 at Marvel, 2 in Adelaide (close by). Don't think we can complain too much. Just a pity we were so poor for most of those first 11.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
1st 11 games we played 8 at MCG, 2 at Marvel, 2 in Adelaide (close by). Don't think we can complain too much. Just a pity we were so poor for most of those first 11.
Those bustards at the AFL even made us play at 2 different venues in the same game. Is there anything they won't do to stop us?

• Haha
I do like Banks from what I have seen of him in the ressies but looked a bit overawed which Is understandable. Had 5 turnovers, two resulting in goals, Needs to work on that left foot. He'll learn a lot from that game, big step up in speed but think he'll make way.

Pickett, another subpar game, 6 disposals at 50% DE. With Bauer out wouldn't mind Cumberland coming in as a foil for Jack. He had a good game with 15 disposals, 2 goals, and 5 marks. Mansell is now available for selection, not sure if he comes straight back in.

Trezise continues his ultra-consistent form, another who could well debut sooner rather than later. He had 23 disposals and 7 marks.

Outs: Nank (Sus), Bauer (Inj), Banks
Ins: Soldo, Cumberland, Ross

Last edited:
1st 11 games we played 8 at MCG, 2 at Marvel, 2 in Adelaide (close by). Don't think we can complain too much. Just a pity we were so poor for most of those first 11.
No wonder we were so poor early in the season, we somehow played twelve game in eleven matches. *smile* AFL just finding another way to bend us over.

• Haha
Out: Nank, Bauer, Cotch (rest)
In: Soldo, Ross, Mansell

IMO, we will keep a similar structure to how we played most of last night- Jack, Miller, Pickett the aerial targets up forward, Ross on the wing. Mansell will play forward spot that had Cotch, Prestia, Hopper and TT rotating through most of last night.
The Cotch call is very plausible.

Apart from winning this game,it would be nice to win by over 80 points as well because percentage could be crucial in the final analysis .

I suggested we had to keep playing Cumbo, but I think I’ve gone right off him lately. He looks way too flakey for me now.

Reactions: 1 user
Out: Cotch (rested), MJ, Pickett, Bauer and Nank
In: Brown, Tresize, Soldo, Ross and Mansell.

Banks to play on the wing, Brown to half back, Tresize to go forward and try bring ball to ground, Ross on the pill.

Out: Nank, Bauer, Cotch (rest)
In: Soldo, Ross, Mansell

IMO, we will keep a similar structure to how we played most of last night- Jack, Miller, Pickett the aerial targets up forward, Ross on the wing. Mansell will play forward spot that had Cotch, Prestia, Hopper and TT rotating through most of last night.
Ross has to play next week on the wing. His Thursdays game showed he was at home there. I was pleasantly surprised at his game

I do like Banks from what I have seen of him in the ressies but looked a bit overawed which Is understandable. Had 5 turnovers, two resulting in goals, Needs to work on that left foot. He'll learn a lot from that game, big step up in speed but think he'll make way.

Pickett, another subpar game, 6 disposals at 50% DE. With Bauer out wouldn't mind Cumberland coming in as a foil for Jack. He had a good game with 15 disposals, 2 goals, and 5 marks. Mansell is now available for selection, not sure if he comes straight back in.

Trezise continues his ultra-consistent form, another who could well debut sooner rather than later. He had 23 disposals and 7 marks.

Outs: Nank (Sus), Bauer (Inj), Banks
Ins: Soldo, Cumberland, Ross
Like the rest but not enough reason there to drop Banks.
Add as an In, Mansell.
Out Cotchin managed and and Rioli M Jr.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 user
Id give Moju the next 2 to find some form against those 2 shithouses, if he cant then its back to the VFL for a prolonged spell to play on ball to get him some form, and confidence.

He might kick 3 goals or more next week and be up and about.

Same for, Coulthard or Ryan.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Like the rest but not enough reason there to drop Banks.
Add as an In, Mansell.
Out Cotchin managed and and Rioli M Jr.

The reasons I gave were valid for banks, let's see how the match committee sees it.
On Junior, don't think he should be dropped. His pressure was frenetic. Also, perceived pressure. I saw swans players hurry their kicks which resulted in multiple turnovers. His smoother was pure desperation. Who else is going to be that pressure forward? He had two shots on goal and missed both but the goals will come as he is putting himself in the right spots.

Reactions: 6 users
Id give Moju the next 2 to find some form against those 2 shithouses, if he cant then its back to the VFL for a prolonged spell to play on ball to get him some form, and confidence.

He might kick 3 goals or more next week and be up and about.

Same for, Coulthard or Ryan.

Agree mate and I will say he's providing that forward-half pressure that no other forward is close to doing.