Changes for West Coast Next Week | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes for West Coast Next Week

MJ 2 tackles for 72TOG%
Very underwhelming numbers

Underwhelming would be Pickett's numbers. Junior plays a role that no one else is remotely doing in the forward line and it helps the team by keeping the ball in. Not sure if you went to the game but I did like I do every week and I see clearly what players do, running patterns, minding space, intent, going in or not, etc
For Junior, it's his overall pressure game, tackling, smothering, and closing down space. I literally saw Swans players turn it over, some no doubt from perceived pressure with Junior closing in.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Out Nank ( suspended )
Bauer ( Injured)
Ins
Soldo
Jack Ross

can't loose this

worry about Picket in WA too

The reasons I gave were valid for banks, let's see how the match committee sees it.
On Junior, don't think he should be dropped. His pressure was frenetic. Also, perceived pressure. I saw swans players hurry their kicks which resulted in multiple turnovers. His smoother was pure desperation. Who else is going to be that pressure forward? He had two shots on goal and missed both but the goals will come as he is putting himself in the right spots.
He seems like a pretty mature kid, who is likely to respond reasonably well if he gets put back. However he has worked hard and been named as an emergency on numerous occasions.

Possibly he can lay claim to being the most consistent of those drafted in the 21 draft?

Finally got a game. Don’t think he needs to be axed after just one. It is not like he is keeping Shai or Dusty out.

Reactions: 1 user
Underwhelming would be Pickett's numbers. Junior plays a role that no one else is remotely doing in the forward line and it helps the team by keeping the ball in. Not sure if you went to the game but I did like I do every week and I see clearly what players do, running patterns, minding space, intent, going in or not, etc
For Junior, it's his overall pressure game, tackling, smothering, and closing down space. I literally saw Swans players turn it over, some no doubt from perceived pressure with Junior closing in.

That’s all very well.

He works hard and doesn’t get rewarded very often and when he does it hardly ever actually helps.

MJ 2 tackles for 72TOG%
reckon they turned it over say 5 times in front half due to MJ's pressuring the kicker, not recorded as tackle but influenced possession. recalled not that long ago he was #1 in the comp for this stat, so he has it in him. still long way to go as a 20 year old.

Reactions: 3 users

This is what people miss with Junior. Its not about his stats but the collective of what he brings the team. The perceived pressure he puts on allows us to forward intercept more. Its no secret that when we manned up on them at the back and Junior could pressure, that their ball out of the backline stopped.

His stats look underwhelming but his influence is more than his stats IMO. If he could improve on his skills and kick those goals, then no-one would complain about his output defensively at all. He knows what he needs to improve but I feel we are a better team with him in it right now. He'll keep his place for Sunday IMO.

Reactions: 2 users
MJ 2 tackles for 72TOG%
Do you think the 2 tackles truly represents the pressure that MRJr applies?
Would you say Jack with 4 tackles was that much better than Junior?

Reactions: 1 user
If you and the beaver actually opened your eyes you would see that one has more talent than the other.
But it is not between these two, it is between MJ and Nigel.
Line ball.

Do you think the 2 tackles truly represents the pressure that MRJr applies?
Would you say Jack with 4 tackles was that much better than Junior?
MJ is in a world of his own
Doesnt need to do much to get a game We need to do better than what MJ is giving us He should go back to VFL and earn his spot

Reactions: 1 users
MJ is in a world of his own
Doesnt need to do much to get a game We need to do better than what MJ is giving us He should go back to VFL and earn his spot
You don't do your argument too drop Rioli any favours by absolutely refusing to acknowledge the pressue he puts on the opposition.

Reactions: 2 users
Never read so much rubbish
Junior can’t win his own ball
And when he flukes a possession , his kicking is poor
Seriously!!

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users