Changes for West Coast Next Week | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes for West Coast Next Week

Out Nank ( suspended )
MRJ ( no explanation as we all witnessed )
Bauer ( Injured)

Ins
Soldo
Mansell
Jack Ross
The way I'd go too.
In the debate about resting Jack and fact we have no other marking targets, why not try Broad forward as a help to Jack.
With Banks coming in, he can make up for the loss of Broad in defence.
And maybe even play Vlastuin as a forward for the whole game.

Reactions: 1 users
Never read so much rubbish
Junior can’t win his own ball
And when he flukes a possession , his kicking is poor
Seriously!!

You obviously can't comprehend what I stated :rolleyes: you went on some tangent that didn't even enter any of my posts that he is a poor kick but hey we do have some who can't kick, you also stated he can't win his own ball well I disagree on that.

So, ill clarify once again, MoJo's main attribute is forward half pressure, chasing, harassing, smothering, and tackling which no other forward is bringing to the level he is. That's why he's playing. Sydney's defenders when given time will pinpoint passes at will. Highly skilled, many times they hurried their kicks due to junior denying them the time to execute, closing down space quickly which we then won the ball back and resulted in repeat forward 50 entries.

Ohh flukes a possession right. I can see there is no point in furthering this discussion as you lack the ability to understand each player's role and strengths within the team. Now wheres that ignore button :D

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Been on PRE for 16+ years and had never put anyone on ignore until now. We have all had debates, some even heated in our contrasting views but more times than not we just move on. We do not have to all agree that's the beauty of this forum but if your sole purpose is to post utter nonsense without even countering my views on said player then best to ignore these types of individuals who are unable to have a robust discussion.

Reactions: 1 user
Percentage is looking so crucial now.

Ours is so poor.

I’m not bullish about Sundays game.

WC have their backs back and with Jack doubled team , it’s at Optus Stadium, losing Bauer, I’m not as confident we win and build our percentage.

I know it never works like this when looking at form.

The week before WC played well for a half against the Blues at OS.

Like us, against the Lions at the Gab, both WC & us, lost by 81 points.

Going by that, it will be a close game over there.

Selections may be the key here. Need more players who are capable of kicking goals.

I would bring in Cumbo and The Racing Driver to team up with Rioli.

Waiting hope you are VERY wrong here.

No idea who goes out but surely Mansell comes back this week.His pressure and desire was building nicely before being rubbed out.

Ours is so poor.

WC have their backs back and with Jack doubled team , it’s at Optus Stadium, losing Bauer, I’m not as confident we win and build our percentage.

Selections may be the key here. Need more players who are capable of kicking goals.

West Coast have had their back to the wall every week for the last 10 weeks and continue to get smashed (Saints aside). No excuses and we should win by 10+ goals.

Ours is so poor.

I think the cats more than the blues we need to worry about re %. The Blue's run home is pretty tough. I think at a min we'll win 1 or 2 more than them.
We'll beat west coast that I have no doubt, it's only a matter of by how much. We are playing good football. I agree on cumbers hopefully he comes in too.

Can’t have 2 defensive pressure forwards that don’t actively kick a goal but are there to mind space and give some kind of perceived pressure that only a select few are privy to see
It’s either Mansell or MJ not both
IMO it’s in with Mansell and Cumbo who can provide some X factor and trouble the scoreboard

The way I'd go too.
In the debate about resting Jack and fact we have no other marking targets, why not try Broad forward as a help to Jack.
And maybe even play Vlastuin as a forward for the whole game.
Broad forward..? Probably depend on match ups whether it could be done but would be an interesting watch

I couldn't give a stuff about this week.

If the Tigers cant beat them let alone belt them then the silver lining will be our season is finally cooked, and the hanging on and hoping can be thrown in the bin along with the entire pre season which has been shambolic for nicer words.

Reactions: 2 users
Need an extra tall in the forward half that can compete and hopefully mark. Now for the outside the box idea - play Bradke.
He is competitive and is big and not slow. Better option than Soldo and Miller at full forward. Also ok at ground ball. Should reduce the double teaming on Jack. Might be seen as a decoy but nothing to lose and a view of the future. I await your derision:unsure:

I reckon if Pickett is OK to play in WA, he will play the third tall up forward. Mansell and Pickett permanent forwards frees up Baker to go back to defence. In that case it'll probably be something like this; In: Soldo, Mansell, Ross, Cumberland (sub) Out: Nankervis, Bauer, Banks.

Need an extra tall in the forward half that can compete and hopefully mark. Now for the outside the box idea - play Bradke.
He is competitive and is big and not slow. Better option than Soldo and Miller at full forward. Also ok at ground ball. Should reduce the double teaming on Jack. Might be seen as a decoy but nothing to lose and a view of the future. I await your derision:unsure:
The issue with playing Bradtke as a young raw forward is that Barrass or McGovern will play him to where they want him and peel off and take marks at will.

Bauer was a better option as he could get right up the ground, although that said McGovern or Barrass would let him get up the ground and just double team Jr8 in the same way as Broad let Cameron get his touches up the wing and would pick him back up in the defensive arc.

Chaos ball forward might be a better option for the Tigers to take it to grass inside 50 and negate their interceptors create stoppages and try and score from them.

Reactions: 5 users
The issue with playing Bradtke as a young raw forward is that Barrass or McGovern will play him to where they want him and peel off and take marks at will.

Bauer was a better option as he could get right up the ground, although that said McGovern or Barrass would let him get up the ground and just double team Jr8 in the same way as Broad let Cameron get his touches up the wing and would pick him back up in the defensive arc.

Chaos ball forward might be a better option for the Tigers to take it to grass inside 50 and negate their interceptors create stoppages and try and score from them.
I would look to bring both Soldo and Samson in.

Reactions: 3 users
The way I'd go too.
And maybe even play Vlastuin as a forward for the whole

Broad forward..? Probably depend on match ups whether it could be done but would be an interesting watch
Not sure about that. Broad is a master of defence and rebound but that doesn't necessarily equate with forwards game. Moving him forward would also make a massive hole in our defence capability. The occasional move like shifting Vlastuin forward as a temporary and short term measure would be as far as I would go.

Reactions: 4 users