Changes Rd22 West Coast | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes Rd22 West Coast

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
WCE away interstate

1. Lost to Brisbane
3. Beat Collingwood
6. Lost to Geelong
8. Beat st Kilda
10. Beat Adelaide
12. Lost to Sydney
14. Beat hawthorn
17. Beat Melbourne
19. Beat Carlton

They beat pretty much every team away except the best 4. We are top 4.

Or you could say they've beaten everyone but top 2. We're not top 2.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
A few are saying Balta but he hasn't been in great form, quite inconsistent. Not sure the Tigers will be taking gambles like that from this point on. Not a fan atm but Chol likely stays.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Finals footy. A contest. Who do you trust to jump?

My money's on Eddie van Balta.

I prefer Balta but it seems to me Tigers have put the cue in the rack on Balta for 2019. I don't think Chol will make it, I think Balta will but neither look ready for finals footy to me.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
If they'd completely discounted it you wouldn't have seen him shifted into the centre the past two VFL matches.

It's big boy time. Dimma can't be too stoic: it's gotta be a premiership now over Eddie's long-term development.

(CuJo's the other one, but time has run out for him this year I feel.)

Reactions: 1 users

lukeanddad

Tiger Champion
Nov 17, 2008
I’d say Shai and Brando out for the brownlow medalists.

Love to see balta for chol as well

Reactions: 1 user

James

Tiger Rookie
Sep 11, 2016
We are about to enter a finals series and Bolton who is what 19, will play.
He is one of about half a dozen we have who are a very good chance to win a norm smith.

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
If any of the under 22 brigade is suffering fatigue or soreness after playing four from five in wet and heavy conditions I would like to see them rested, however, if all pull up well I would like to see the changes below.
In: Martin, Cotchin, CCJ (or Balta)
Out: Short, Chol, Ellis
I don’t know why people bother naming short as an out.
When Match committee print out a new team sheet, for discussions, it comes out of the printer like this.

FB. J Short. ......... .............
HB. ........... ......... .............
C. ............ ......... .............
HF ........... ............ .......,.....
FF .......... ............ .......,.....
Rks .......... ............ .......,.....
I/c. .......... ............ .......,.....
.......... ............ .......,..... ...........

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
I would drop Rioli, but that won’t happen. I still don’t trust Ellis. The Chol experiment has been fun and enlightening, but he can’t be risked for the finals or the upcoming big games. I would keep Caddy as he will only get better and his big body is needed (plus he’s the obvious option if we go in with 1 ruckman), although I think Nank and Soldo or Nank and Balta needs to be attempted first. I feel embarrassed for ever doubting Graham. Jack Ross has a lot of potential, but made a few mistakes yesterday and it will be hard for him to keep his place with Dusty and Cotchin returning. Bolton has improved significantly, but his brain fade at the wrong time of the year will prove costly. Stack needs to return to the backline. The criticism on Short is a bit over the top for mine.

Out: Chol, Ross, Bolton.
In: Soldo, Dusty, Cotchin

People saying Baker will be dropped must have watched a different game to me?

I gave him a vote

his hands in those conditions were sublime. IMO he's in our best 22.

Reactions: 5 users

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009
I would drop Rioli, but that won’t happen. I still don’t trust Ellis. The Chol experiment has been fun and enlightening, but he can’t be risked for the finals or the upcoming big games. I would keep Caddy as he will only get better and his big body is needed (plus he’s the obvious option if we go in with 1 ruckman), although I think Nank and Soldo or Nank and Balta needs to be attempted first. I feel embarrassed for ever doubting Graham. Jack Ross has a lot of potential, but made a few mistakes yesterday and it will be hard for him to keep his place with Dusty and Cotchin returning. Bolton has improved significantly, but his brain fade at the wrong time of the year will prove costly. Stack needs to return to the backline. The criticism on Short is a bit over the top for mine.

Out: Chol, Ross, Bolton.
In: Soldo, Dusty, Cotchin

his hands in those conditions were sublime. IMO he's in our best 22.
I’m almost certain Marlion Pickett will come in this week. Prob to half back instead of Short or Baker. You only have to listen to Craig McCrae saying he was close this week

Ice

Tiger Superstar
Jul 18, 2006
very challenging match committee this week.

who goes out for martin and cotchin
is chol dropped?

Re cotchin - the like for like replacement would be inside mids Ross or Graham, but I would love to see all three in the same team.

Re martin - mid/forward - probably replaces Bolton in that role

Chol - forward/2nd ruck - Balta or CCj?

Current whipping boys are Ellis, Short, Baker, and to some extent Rioli, Caddy and Stack- all playing with some attributes but some deficiencies - however Martin or Cotchin are not direct replacements for these types, small forwards or defenders or wingers.

Edwards will probably move for forward or back, to make room in the midfield for Martin or Cotchin - that will mean Rioli, Stack, Short or Baker will make way. Personally I would move Short to the wing and drop Ellis but high risk move to trial Short in a new position this late in the season. But there will have to be some re-jigging to accomodate Martin and Cotchin into the midfield.

Whoever is dropped, will be unlucky.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Jack Ross will not be dropped.
Was a strong contributor for most of the match against Carlton.
Is in Tigers' best 22 ... easily, in my opinion.

blackswamp23

Tiger Cub
Jul 29, 2019
Ellis has gotta go. too slow on decisions then handballs to the wrong option and puts his mate under pressure.... does it toooo many times

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
The experts talk a lot about all clubs bottom 6..... we've had lots of changes this year and unearthed some pretty fair talent so as we stand who's our current last 6 from Sundays match?

In no particular order. Chol, Bolton, Short, Ellis, Baker, Rioli....??.... bloody harder than I thought, could change me mind in 30minutes

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Ross out? No chance
Correct . There is no chance Ross goes out. The MC dont rush back a first year,18 year old, off the back of half a game in the reserves just to drop him the next week. On top of the fact him amassing 21 touches playing on a beast in Cripps.

I would give him the job this week on Yeo.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Yeo will play on Dusty. Send Graham to Shuey.

There will definitely be thought given to bringing Balta in to combat West Coast's tall forwards. He has been very good the last two weeks - outstanding yesterday - and he can follow Allen into the ruck, jump all over him and run off him.

Toughest match committee meeting at Richmond for as long as I can remember. Martin and Cotchin definitely in, KMac, Pickett, Balta, Soldo possibilities, Towner, Menadue and others putting their hands up. Anyone dropped will be unlucky. (Except Short. :p )

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Towner's VFL form is reminiscent of 2017 (possessions and goals) but not sure I trust him to reproduce at AFL level and these next two games are too crucial to be toying with possibilities.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Recon it'll be
In Cotchin Martin Balta
Out Bolton Stack Chol
Stack not quite right - another week off to freshen up