Changes v Crows | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes v Crows

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
So if the skip and Prestia are the only certainties , I’d be adding CJ , Dow and Stack , outs Naish, Rioli, Ross, Riewoldt and Pickett probably gets 3 weeks :eek:. Reasoning I think Stack can ad more then Rioli ,CJ needs to play with lynch as twin towers I think , do no harm for Jack to freshen up . Cotch, Dow and Prestia ads great two way running.

Reactions: 1 user

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Chol also putting his hand up. Very good in the ruck so far in today’s VFL game. Dominating the ruck and has kicked 2 goals.

Reactions: 2 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Caddy to good to be playing VFL

Will Martyn sub ahead of him, with 4 kids already in the side suggests

hes very out of favour.

I'd go

Out: Ross, Naish, Hugo, Pickett (susp), Martyn

In: Cotchin, Prestia, Dow, Chol, Mansell

@Mr Brightside, I thought Rioli was one of our best up to half time last night.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Will Martyn sub ahead of him, with 4 kids already in the side suggests

hes very out of favour.

I'd go

Out: Ross, Naish, Hugo, Pickett (susp), Martyn

In: Cotchin, Prestia, Dow, Chol, Mansell

@Mr Brightside, I thought Rioli was one of our best up to half time last night.
Not sure why he would be out of favour.
Poor coaching if that’s the case.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Not sure why he would be out of favour.
Poor coaching if that’s the case.

I feel a bit like the match committee hasn't had a great few weeks.

I know its been an injury Tsunami.

But I feel like Martyn ahead of Caddy last night, given there was 4 kids already in,

and the lack of support for Nank, and then playing DTLD at FF,

is a bit cute, and suggestive of some lack of pragmatism or a blind spot.

I reckon with Caddy and Chol in last night, the umps would of had to have worked much, much harder.

at the very least, Caddy would have made Rhys Matheson wish he was back in the 2nds

Reactions: 6 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
I feel a bit like the match committee hasn't had a great few weeks.

I know its been an injury Tsunami.

But I feel like Martyn ahead of Caddy last night, given there was 4 kids already in,

and the lack of support for Nank, and then playing DTLD at FF,

is a bit cute, and suggestive of some lack of pragmatism or a blind spot.

I reckon with Caddy and Chol in last night, the umps would of had to have worked much, much harder.

at the very least, Caddy would have made Rhys Matheson wish he was back in the 2nds
Agree EZY.

Hardwick doesn’t want us to go too too heavy which is fine but pick the blokes who need to fill the holes. Astbury is not a second ruck. He was made to look like a retired AFL footballer playing in the bush at the age of 40.
If he is surplus down back then drop him and bring a genuine second ruck in.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
How about we play a forward line of Lynch, Chol, CCJ, Caddy and two small forwards. One being Aarts. Jack to rotate from the bench.

Dusty move back into the middle. Maybe switch with Caddy.

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Pickett, Ross, Naish & Hugo the obvious ones that need replacing.

Astbury didn't have the best game but remember he was the one holding our defence together when Balta was down on form and when we missed Vlastuin and Grimes.

Reactions: 1 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Do we thing marlion gets suspended ?

If he does I would bring in Cotchin, Prestia, CCJ, Caddy and Dow for Pickett, Ross, Naish, Rioli and Ralphsmith

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
How about we play a forward line of Lynch, Chol, CCJ, Caddy and two small forwards. One being Aarts. Jack to rotate from the bench.

Dusty move back into the middle. Maybe switch with Caddy.

Wow that's going to be a lot of ins; Chol, CCJ, Caddy, Prestia, Cotchin, Edwards, Bolton (maybe). Can't have all of Nanks, Lynch, Chol, CCJ and Reiwoldt in. I have sneaky suspicion there will be no extra tall brought in, particularly with the gun midfield coming back. So I am going for:

In: Cotchin, Prestia, Edwards, Caddy and Bolton (if fit)
Out: Ralphsmith, Ross, Naish, Rioli and RCD (if Bolton is fit).

Getting to an important stage of the season for us, we can't afford to experiment further with the youngsters. Bolton, Edwards, Baker, Caddy can all play the Rioli role and do it better imo. If I had my way I'd be replacing Castagna too but I can't see both being dropped.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Wow that's going to be a lot of ins; Chol, CCJ, Caddy, Prestia, Cotchin, Edwards, Bolton (maybe). Can't have all of Nanks, Lynch, Chol, CCJ and Reiwoldt in. I have sneaky suspicion there will be no extra tall brought in, particularly with the gun midfield coming back. So I am going for:

In: Cotchin, Prestia, Edwards, Caddy and Bolton (if fit)
Out: Ralphsmith, Ross, Naish, Rioli and RCD (if Bolton is fit).

Getting to an important stage of the season for us, we can't afford to experiment further with the youngsters. Bolton, Edwards, Baker, Caddy can all play the Rioli role and do it better imo. If I had my way I'd be replacing Castagna too but I can't see both being dropped.
Chol or CCJ must come in. Our forward structure is not working.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Chol or CCJ must come in. Our forward structure is not working.

Yes but that's because our permanent small forwards mainly Rioli and Castagna aren't performing. 3 goals and 2 goal assists between them in the last 5 games. Not good enough. Baker showed in one game how the position should be played. Losing Bolton, Edwards and Lambert didn't help as they often rotate through the forward line. The only reason I see another tall coming in is to give Nanks a chop-out in the ruck (which may happen soon as he can't go for the whole season with that load). Of course you can't just be there for pinch-hitting in the ruck so if another tall is brought in, they'll also be in a rotation with Jack and Lynch.