Changes v Crows | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes v Crows

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
If it happens, Jack on the bench is the real story here.

Reactions: 4 users

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
Seems team selection issues will plague us again this year. Mansell out just shows they got it wrong last week. Why the rush to blood Young? Thought Miller did quite well in defence last week and would rather have stuck with him. Ryan i dont know about. Still think he is too raw.
Cumbo needs to come into this side

Reactions: 2 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
I also don’t like debuting players interstate. Much better sense of occasion when running out on home soil.
Agreed. But we seem to do it regularly.

Wouldnt you be better off going through the regular week, stick to the process, play at the home ground?
It surprises me how often we do it

Reactions: 1 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
it almost looks like we didnt want to debut Young last week against the blues and the McKay/Curnow combo.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Massive question marks over Miller now. 6th year in the system and got dropped for someone who’s been at the club four months.

How he was given a two year contract last year I’ll never know. Yet again proving the old adage, smalls get sixty seconds to show they can play, talls get six years to show they can’t.
Mebbe mebbe not.
His role shifted a month ago. He was a 2nd ruck/forward but then shifted back to cover Tarrant.
This week we've picked 2 guys for those 2 roles, but at the expense of a runner/small terrier.

It seems that Dimma is still in experiment mode, trialling his best lineup.
Reckon Miller is back in for another trial by r6

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Miller might be going back to a full time defensive role and might get some time in the VFL to re adjust.

Tarrant might be unreliable now at the least so the ship changes tack accordingly.

Reactions: 5 users

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
Seems team selection issues will plague us again this year. Mansell out just shows they got it wrong last week. Why the rush to blood Young? Thought Miller did quite well in defence last week and would rather have stuck with him. Ryan i dont know about. Still think he is too raw.
Cumbo needs to come into this side
For anyone who watched the VFL last week, these changes are perfect.

Credit to the MC, after lots of odd selections over the last could of seasons, they've finally just selected on form.

Ryan picked himself after last week, and Young was probably our MVP across four quarters.

Cumberland didn't do enough at VFL level, as much as I'd like him in the side. He's being retooled as a part time mid, which seems an error to me, but if that's the plan, he didn't perform last week.

Personally I'd still like Miller in for ruck back up.

Whatever happens, at least we've picked a squad of in form players.

Reactions: 10 users

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
nah, who starts on the field and who comes on 5 minutes into the game isnt a story.

Dunno, it's symbolic that a changng of the guard may be occurring and JR is considered a depth player now, albeit still in the 22. Jack won't give up his spot without a fight though even though he must know he's close to the end.

Happy to see Samson rewarded for good form.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Mansell out. Dimma off the hooch. Bizarre selection last week; reinforced by the fact that it was ended straight away. Dimma usually gives it a few weeks before pulling the pin.

That said would have rathered see a smaller goal kicker like Clarke or Cumbo in for him. That’s a tall team. Hopefully we’ve got enough run to keep up with a Crows team that generally gives us the run around on that ground. Very poor recent record over there against them.

Reactions: 3 users

tigerfan1961

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 25, 2004
For anyone who watched the VFL last week, these changes are perfect.

Credit to the MC, after lots of odd selections over the last could of seasons, they've finally just selected on form.

Ryan picked himself after last week, and Young was probably our MVP across four quarters.

Cumberland didn't do enough at VFL level, as much as I'd like him in the side. He's being retooled as a part time mid, which seems an error to me, but if that's the plan, he didn't perform last week.

Personally I'd still like Miller in for ruck back up.

Whatever happens, at least we've picked a squad of in form players.
Don’t agree about Cumberland. after seeing his highlights package at the time we drafted him, he was a very impressive mid as a junior. We SHOULD be playing him in that role in the VFL. He looked a natural running through the middle of the ground, good at contested ball too.

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
Don’t agree about Cumberland. after seeing his highlights package at the time we drafted him, he was a very impressive mid as a junior. We SHOULD be playing him in that role in the VFL. He looked a natural running through the middle of the ground, good at contested ball too.
But we’re not looking for another mid.
Another goal-kicker would be nice though..
And take the highlights packages with a grain - Dan Butler was a gun mid too.
Also Hardwick used to say there are guys that play a vfl style of footy, and guys that play afl style footy.
Well guess which one Cumbo is

Reactions: 1 user

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Love the changes
Me too.
Just looking at how they may line up?
Out Mansell Miller and Ross

Vlastuin Young Grimes
Broad Balta Rioli D
McIntosh Hopper Pickett
Bolton Graham Rioli M Jr
Martin Lynch Ryan
Nankervis Taranto Prestia
Baker Cotchin Riewoldt Short.

Either Miller or Clarke would make sense as sub. Clarke possibly the more deserving.
This would perhaps be the boldest of choices ever seen from Dimma.
Ryan, Young and possibly Clarke as sub.
These are three young players who could be part of a premiership. Hats off.

Reactions: 1 user