Changes v Dawks - Operation Next Generation | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes v Dawks - Operation Next Generation

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
We couldn’t have the cue any further in the rack. Smart.

Reactions: 4 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
If the Hawks beat us by 100‘s of points, do they get a bonus point or two, thereby jumping above us on the ladder giving us a better pick - surely that’s the club plan with half the team put on ice.

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Reckon a couple might have already had a redline though them to bo honest.

Cumberland stiff to miss out wouldve been good for him to get a run, maybe they want to make sure he's physically ready for pre season, with the knee and not playing for a few weeks.
Agree - would like to have seen Cumberland instead of George. Probably protecting him for next year as you suggested.

Reactions: 1 user

Dev Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2014
Smart selections. Just need the Saints to win so we can drop a spot on the ladder.

• Haha

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Dimma's pretty good mates with Clarko. Probably just making sure his mate has a happy farewell game to finish his Hawforn journey on.

More than happy another bunch of the youngsters get another game of senior footy. Would've been even more happy if we'd tied the Cummerbund on for the last dance of the year.

Reactions: 1 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
The record number of changes made ahead of a VFL/AFL game is 13 — and a team has only made ten or more changes on 11 occasions before.

It is the first time Richmond has made nine changes to its team since 1949, according to Twitter stats guru @sirswampthing.
How many did north make before the last game in 2015 and then again the week later for the elimination final ?

would have been pretty close to 13 I would have thought

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
selection for this game just shows how cooked the team has really been over the last couple of months.

Reactions: 10 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I am assuming all the outs injuries have provable medical reasons so it is going to be interesting how the AFL see our team. I reckon it is about as strong as we can make it considering the latest injury list but then I am not AFL
Houli mentioned Cotchin was having surgery during his farewell

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
How good is it for Miller to play his first game as Astbury plays his last? The symbolism of passing the baton (I hope).
Miller and Asbury could possibly cleaning out there lockers on Monday.
Miller isn't guaranteed to stay on the list

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
wholesale changes .... whoever said Dimma doesn't do it ....

love it - would've liked to see more ... why not ?

pete and tys

Tiger Superstar
Feb 19, 2009
Players who debuted for Richmond in the last round of the season and never played again

YearRoundPlayerOppResultMargin
197622Henry, DavidSt.KW34
196418Dobson, ColinHawL43
195118Gleeson, BobMelbW29
192517Plant, JoeMelbL39
192318Kight, ArthurFitzL8
192218Ross, Ray R.*St.KL27
192218Stewart, Bob L.St.KL27
192218Clark, GeorgeSt.KL27
1920GFJames, Billy R.CollW17
190918Kiker, JoeGeelL61

* Ray Ross went on to play one further game... seven years later... FOR St.Kilda AGAINST Richmond (also a loss).
I knew Dave Henry and played a social game with him.
Tall back pocket but too gentle for the Tigers of those years.
Back then all resting rucks played in the forward pocket , so a tall defender was needed for them.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
We couldn’t have the cue any further in the rack. Smart.
We smashed the cue on the bar dude.

Dimma's basically said "*smile* this game" and went home to nurse his 6 month hangover.

• Haha

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
The inclusion of Castagna confiRms this
Knowing George he'll probably play his best ever game kicking 6 straight set shots and his sixth after the siren to win the game

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I like the fact they are playing the kids.

Think they should have kept Hugo in the team.

Not sure about selecting Castagna, what purpose does this serve?

Good to see Miller get a go, looks like he has one chance, hopefully he does well. If he does well, I hope it isn't a one off.

Cumberland I would think is not selected as not ready, get a pre-season into him and give him a go.

Glad RCD gets another game, with experience hopefully he knows what he needs to do over the break to take the next step.

DS