Changes V Eagles | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes V Eagles

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
Mate. Ill give him 2017 as he was an important cog with his kamikaze and frenetic chasing and fwd half tackling. 2019 and 2020 he was simply rewarded for being there in 2017. Could have played Tim Fleming in his role in 2019 and 2020 and he also would walk away a dual premiership player.
He was pretty good in the 2019 GF. And at his best through the 2019 season.

Aside from finishing. But that's what you get from George.

It's fair enough to say he's a footballer with limitations. And that he's now a fringe player.

But he earned and contributed to his three premierships.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Georges job will be to tackle and pressure and run up through the middle.

That allows Dustin to do Dustin things.

In short he will likely be taking on Lambos role.

As much as I want Stacky in and as disappointed as I am that he missed out to George, we all want the Tiger King doing Tiger King Things from here on to the run in.

Stacky is next in aside from the injured Cotchin and Dion in regard to smalls.

Hopefully Syd has a belter in the VFL but then he will still likley miss because Cotchin and Dion return. He has really bad timing does the lad.

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Results going our away need to capitalise, but you don't rock up you get beat as this week's results show let's hope boys are focused and switched on play 4 qtrs.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Results going our away need to capitalise, but you don't rock up you get beat as this week's results show let's hope boys are focused and switched on play 4 qtrs.
Yeah we just need to get the job done. No *smile* around. Get a good lead and then bury them. No letting them back in the game like we do most weeks. Need a good percentage boost this week as it will be very important for ladder positions in the run home. Then up to GC next week and handle them.

We lose either of the next two games we don’t deserve to play finals. Eagles are *smile* and Suns are average at best.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Yeah we just need to get the job done. No *smile* around. Get a good lead and then bury them. No letting them back in the game like we do most weeks. Need a good percentage boost this week as it will be very important for ladder positions in the run home. Then up to GC next week and handle them.

We lose either of the next two games we don’t deserve to play finals. Eagles are *smile* and Suns are average at best.
lolnorf after, so should be 11-6 in 3 weeks time and close to Top 4. Looks like the Deez will stay at 1, but 2,3, and 4 might be open enough as all the other teams are vulnerable. Top 4 could be a steal this season.

Reactions: 1 user

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
lolnorf after, so should be 11-6 in 3 weeks time and close to Top 4. Looks like the Deez will stay at 1, but 2,3, and 4 might be open enough as all the other teams are vulnerable. Top 4 could be a steal this season.
Dees and Geelong will be top 2; a lock I reckon. Geelong has pretty soft draw. 3rd and 4th are open because Freo and Lions just aren’t that good. Carlton the same. But you’ll still need 16 wins or at the very least 15 and big percentage. That may be a bridge too far from where we are. But we at least need to finish 5th or 6th. Home EF at G and go from there.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Dees and Geelong will be top 2; a lock I reckon. Geelong has pretty soft draw. 3rd and 4th are open because Freo and Lions just aren’t that good. Carlton the same. But you’ll still need 16 wins or at the very least 15 and big percentage. That may be a bridge too far from where we are. But we at least need to finish 5th or 6th. Home EF at G and go from there.
WC and lolnorf have to be % boosters. Maybe even the Bummers later on.

Reactions: 1 user

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
I'm not against George coming in but watching the reserves last week, I would say that stacks games was way better than Georges.
If it wasn't for stack we may not have been in a position to mount a challenge, he was awesome. The week before he was also good with 21 disposals.
I'm glad to see Stack doing better and George must perform this week with high energy, high speed and agility and tackles that stick, causing turnovers that result in goals for the Tigers. He must get back to that role because he did start this year poorly. The pressure is also on him (and a few others) to convert his set shots. If he fails to bring these attributes he should be out next week if Stack plays well in the 2nds. It's great that Stack is putting pressure on George to perform because that makes us a better team. The weather will be fine for both matches so no excuses for either of them.

Reactions: 1 users

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Good to see George back & hope he gets back to George of old. Pretty hard to get a kick there with Lynch, Jack, Bolts ,Dusty & Titch sniffing around.