Changes V Eagles | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes V Eagles

Bunnerz

Richmond are cool man
Aug 12, 2003
Geelong
Castagna is a class player.
Not sure what the problem is.
Yes he's had a crap year but so have 3 or 4 others in our squad.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
Did i just read Castagna and class player in the same sentence. He has been serviceable throughout the premiership years but spare me on the class. FFS guy struggles to drop the ball on his boot most times and he handballs like he has 2 left hands. Sheesh.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
There's a lot of good things Castagna has brought over the years. Class isn't one of them.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
yep. 13 disposals 9 tackles and 3 goals in the 2s last weekend ...

but Stack was close to that .. 16 disposals 8 tackles and 1 goal ...
So George wins by 2 goals and 1 tackle if you don't worry about 3 less disposals. :)
He's also the obvious choice to replace Clarke and apply some much needed fwd half pressure. Stack still has some convincing to do in a few areas but he's looking better.

Reactions: 3 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
All we need now is GC beat Pies and Dons beat Swans and we beat WC and we're 5th. Easy peazy.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
yep. 13 disposals 9 tackles and 3 goals in the 2s last weekend ...

but Stack was close to that .. 16 disposals 8 tackles and 1 goal ...
Nothing more dispiriting for a player than to be passed over for selection where every indicator suggests otherwise.
I would even have even been ok with Aarts over George based on VFL form even though I’m not a massive fan.
Got to reward results. Not favourites

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

JR8

Tiger Legend
Apr 23, 2003
Melbourne - Eastern Subs
Now that George is back in, how hard is it going to be to displace him?

He’s going to have to play 6 shockers in a row before he gets dropped again!!!

• Haha
  • Angry
Feb 25, 2007
So George wins by 2 goals and 1 tackle if you don't worry about 3 less disposals. :)
He's also the obvious choice to replace Clarke and apply some much needed fwd half pressure. Stack still has some convincing to do in a few areas but he's looking better.

I'm not against George coming in but watching the reserves last week, I would say that stacks games was way better than Georges.
If it wasn't for stack we may not have been in a position to mount a challenge, he was awesome. The week before he was also good with 21 disposals.

Reactions: 6 users

WildStyle

Tiger Superstar
Aug 24, 2020
This is wack. George is back and i'm flat as a tack that we didn't pick Stack.

• Haha
  • Wow

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Couple of players are getting games on reputation alone which considering we lost our last 2 games by a kick could cost us a top 4 spot or even finals.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Will Essendumb go the biff?
Talk of pay back from the last time they played
Does Essendrugs have anyone on their list that's tough n nasty enough to go the biff???
Seagull Heppel
The Parishioner
Kylie Langford
Dylan the Sheila
Laverde n Shurley, oh wait he's near crippled
Perhaps the Red man or Drapery might be as tough as they look, but maybe not. Bongers might be best advised to simply try to play some decent footy n avoid channeling the inner macho macho man. That might not work too well.

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
and winning 3 premierships?
Mate. Ill give him 2017 as he was an important cog with his kamikaze and frenetic chasing and fwd half tackling. 2019 and 2020 he was simply rewarded for being there in 2017. Could have played Tim Fleming in his role in 2019 and 2020 and he also would walk away a dual premiership player.

• Dislike
Reactions: 2 users