Changes V GC | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes V GC

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
I thought he was pretty good 2nd half. Was rubbish 1st half but his 2nd half was good.
Still didn't do enough to keep his place. He's lost all the zip and zest in his game. Even on the odd occasions he finds the ball he's a momentum killer. Seems to have abandoned all his natural instincts.

Reactions: 1 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Would be good to somehow give Dow and RCD a run to see if they are viable come finals time.

Reactions: 3 users

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
They play a completely different role. Castagna was crap I agree, but Pickett wasn't much better.

I'm taking out a ruck (soldo) and bringing in Nank. I'm taking a hbf out (egg) and bringing in Houli. I'm bringing in a mid, so a mid goes and IMO Pickett was the worst of those, could make an argument that it could be Stack too but its about team balance.

What role did Castagna play?

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
8 possessions as a mid doesn't cut it SA. He may not get dropped but it's certainly a chance on those numbers.
Don’t just look at the numbers. Kid oozes class. You don’t waste that by playing him in scratch matches at the back of Bundaberg.

Reactions: 2 users

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Interesting
1 kick 68 metres gained
Played onball
Stats suggest he don’t get a game next week

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Probably should have taken him out - perhaps sent him back and tried Baker in there

Reactions: 1 user

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Don’t just look at the numbers. Kid oozes class. You don’t waste that by playing him in scratch matches at the back of Bundaberg.
When you play midfield you gotta get the pill. Simples.

I know he has class; he's showed us that last year. But he can't use his class when he can't get the pill.

Reactions: 4 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Interesting
1 kick 68 metres gained
Played onball
Stats suggest he don’t get a game next week

very selective use of stats there me old pal. Some of his handballs were some of the best attacking moves of the game, from either side.

Reactions: 7 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
8 possessions as a mid doesn't cut it SA. He may not get dropped but it's certainly a chance on those numbers.

he was crap yesterday.
Im sick and tired of him constantly going to ground.

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
very selective use of stats there me old pal. Some of his handballs were some of the best attacking moves of the game, from either side.
Hate to tell you this
Playing onball is about winning clearance. . To have an onballer getting one kick doesn’t cut the mustard . We didn’t score in last quarter for a reason .

bricci

Tiger Rookie
May 7, 2004
Cotchin and Houli come in for Egg & Ross (I think that is almost a certainty).
Nank (if fit) for Soldo (needs a rest)
Higgins maybe for George (poor game but not many opportunites)

I actually was pretty pleased with that performance. We stayed in the game by being efficient up forward (something we haven't done all season) and we were playing on a ground that suits us about as much as Geelong (no width) hard to get out of backline.

We go close to breaking even on the clearances on a bigger ground (Gabba | Metricon) and we win that by 6 goals+

Should be able to account for GC and Bombers over next two - that will have us back in top 4)

Apart from the Darwin game, we may well play the rest in Qld now. We can't go to Perth to play WCE | Freo as all of our remaining opponents have already played them. I reckon we start favourite for all remaining games. (I think we are better placed than this time last year).

Only have to win 9 in a row for flag (4/6 will probably get us top 4, 5/6 definitely will), maybe a doddle after last season! (We should be a better team each week (barring fresh injuries) - Prestia, Astbury, Edwards, Nank, over next 3-4 matches

Reactions: 2 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
All comes down to whos a avaliabe now, there’s no more resting/ managing , we pretty much need to win the next 9 .

will be no walk in the park next Monday

A worry for me is when a player has been a lock in the forward half and now has been moved out of there and still can’t find the ball , and we have 2 of them atm .

Personally like to see Caddy play deep forward and maybe a Bakes or Short on to the wing with Houli back in his role .

Definitly no need for panic was a good effort from a young side

Reactions: 1 users

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
If anyone thinks GC are still pushovers haven't been watching them. Still inconsistent but their best is pretty good. Don't forget Brando.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Want to see at least one of our kids come into the team - Dow and/or RCD, (it’s a shame that CCJ is injured) - rather than Higgins, Markov at this stage
Stack And Ross to stay in the side
Egg and George need a rest and Soldo if Nank OK to play
Cotch to return and Houli if absolutely fit
Haven’t done the proper maths on all that

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Id drop Caddy for that moronic 50 which destroyed any slim chance we had of a comeback.

George was quite but has credit.

Out: Caddy, Eggs

In: Bachar, Cotchy