Changes V GC | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes V GC

I was an Out: Aarts man long before most of you, but it makes sense he's in. He's been the best player and particularly mid in the VFL for weeks now. We're thin in the guts, this is a must-win against a tough opponent whose strength is inside mids. No time to be giving a kid a game. Matt Rowell would walk through Sonsie.

Rankine out is massive, a little disappointed as I was looking forward to watching him live, but better for our chances. Budarick is a big loss for them too, but Oleg out is a bummer for us as we won't be able to feast on his turnovers. Still, Anderson and Miller are 3rd and 8th respectively for turnovers per game, and Lukosius is back to hit some beautiful lace-out passes straight to our defenders. We're killing teams on turnover and that's how we'll win this.

Reactions: 11 users
I was an Out: Aarts man long before most of you, but it makes sense he's in. He's been the best player and particularly mid in the VFL for weeks now. We're thin in the guts, this is a must-win against a tough opponent whose strength is inside mids. No time to be giving a kid a game. Matt Rowell would walk through Sonsie.

Rankine out is massive, a little disappointed as I was looking forward to watching him live, but better for our chances. Budarick is a big loss for them too, but Oleg out is a bummer for us as we won't be able to feast on his turnovers. Still, Anderson and Miller are 3rd and 8th respectively for turnovers per game, and Lukosius is back to hit some beautiful lace-out passes straight to our defenders. We're killing teams on turnover and that's how we'll win this.
I'm only hanging on to Aarts because of the BOG(?) he had in the middle with the 2nds last week, but let's see it in the 1sts.

Reactions: 1 user
Eeek. Those in’s apart from Meatball are very underwhelming.

We brought in two VFL standard footballers. Where are we playing Aarts?
And then there is Miller who doesn’t know how to compete in the air.

Reactions: 1 users
Umpires
Nick Foot (2), Robert O'Gorman (10), Jacob Mollison (32)

Do these blokes hate us?

And then there is Miller who doesn’t know how to compete in the air.
Miller will play on Mabs, would have done it 1000 times at training. Not sure who will take more confidence from that but I suspect Mabs.

He can barely get it at VFL level.

Not sure how he is more worthy than Sonsie.
He's been getting it heaps. Hasn't always been in the midfield because they're giving Sonz, RCD and Dow (and Ross) first crack, but he's been better than all of them (bar Ross) when he's gone in there.

There's a message: If you want a game, be better than Jake Aarts, kids. Currently you're not.

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
If Ainsworth is out on top of Rankine, that really hurts them. Been in career-best form but rolled his ankle last week.

It a real concern that Aarts is preferred to all of the kids in the twos. We are playing to win though so it's a clear message to them to get moving.

Reactions: 1 users