Changes V Lions | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes V Lions

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Not feeling good about this game. I thought last year the Lions would end up being our bogey team. Just too many quick bullish mids and some great defenders. We have so many injuries and they dont.

Go and have a lay down mann.
They haven't beaten us since jesus was walking the planet.
They're shitting themselves.
Who's going to drop Martin?
Who's going to stop jack lynch and chol taking marks.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Just watching a replay of last night's match... didn't realise it was Brisbane's 15th straight win in Qld... just another reason to put em to the sword on Tuesday!

Can't be we played them in the final last year.
The numbers don't add up.
Its like David king just said we have a 8 game winning streak.
Its 15 games boofhead.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Actually I didn't think of that.... Surely Bruce didn't *smile* that stat up... or I misheard it, whoops!

Neither actually. The stat was 15 H&A games because obviously finals games don't matter!! They lost 2 of them in QLD last season.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Neither actually. The stat was 15 H&A games because obviously finals games don't matter!! They lost 2 of them in QLD last season.

And Collingwood slapped them there.
Maybe that's what the old codger tells them because he can't remember that far back.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

2 finals shouldn't count.
They shouldve not been in there in the first place.
That's what happens when your given a bottom 6 draw.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Geelong applied some pressure and they crumbled

Reactions: 1 users

tigertime2

Our cup runneth over!
Mar 22, 2008
We are building nicely...dont want to go into finals raging favorites.

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Geelong applied some pressure and they crumbled

They haven't got a good team.
They only have Andrews, Neale, Zorko, Cameron and Raynor.
The rest are potato farmers.
Seriously if we cant beat them, then this year is a waste.
I hate them.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Spot on. But let’s not let the facts stand in the way of some people’s ongoing agenda against Shorty.....
He is going ok, and won't be dropped, but he is still weak in contests at times. I don't mean he pulls out, he just ain't great 1-1.
It will be interesting what happens with or back line if all are ever available.
Grimes, Astbury and Vlastuin are absolute certainties.
Broad and Houli should be.
That leaves Balta, Baker and Short. All of whom should also be definites.
8 doesn't go into 7.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
You're kidding aren't you?

Short? There's an argument he's been our outright best player all year.

In 2020 at Richmond he is:

Number 1 for disposals.
Number 1 for kicks
Number 1 for marks
Number 1 for disposal efficiency
Number 1 for metres gained
Number 6 for contested possessions (only behind midfielders and equal with Baker)

He's playing as an attacking defender. And doing extremely well. Dropping him would be about as sensible as dropping Dusty.

I had Shorty in my bests this week. We all know his hardness isn't his strength and that's not why he's in the side.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
He is going ok, and won't be dropped, but he is still weak in contests at times. I don't mean he pulls out, he just ain't great 1-1.
It will be interesting what happens with or back line if all are ever available.
8 doesn't go into 7.

Better off dropping McIntosh and playing one of them in his spot.

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Bit off topic, but for the life of me I can't remember in this crazy fixture season.

Have we played either Freo or Crows as yet? If so, when, and if not, when do we get to play the bottom two sides?

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Bit off topic, but for the life of me I can't remember in this crazy fixture season.

Have we played either Freo or Crows as yet? If so, when, and if not, when do we get to play the bottom two sides?

No, we play them in the final 4 rounds which haven't yet been announced.

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
8 doesn't go into 7.
Short, Grimes, Broad, Flossy, Dave and Houli have, for the last three years been selected every time they're fit.

Short is an absolute certainty as much as any of them are.

He plays a different role, and is elite at it. Clearly our best running defender. Probably our most consistent player this year, even when everyone else was poor.

This year he is statistically the best player in the squad, including midfielders, in terms of all of getting the ball, using the ball, and covering distance with the ball. He has also gathered the most contested possessions of any of our defenders.

There is a zero percent chance he is replaced outside of management or injuries.

FWIW 8 into 7 does go when you have players with versatility and a bench.

I'd play Baker in the midfield, and he played forward in the VFL for a year. Balta just fits into the defensive rotations.

Houli may find it hard considering lack of match fitness and age, but was playing beautifully earlier in the year.

Reactions: 2 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014

Freo and Crows are the only 2 of the current bottom 8 we haven't played yet. 8 rounds to go we still play the current 1st, 2nd, (wer're 3rd), 4th, 6th, 8th, 10th, 16th, 18th. We'll need to contnue the form we showed against Bulldogs as the season ladder is extremely close.

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Not sure if we will see it with our injuries, but Dustin seems to spend a fair bit of game time playing forward against Brisbane, not sure if they have identified something, but 2 of the last 3 games against them he has kicked 6

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
@BrisTiger24 or @eZyT. ... point of interest. .. as our home game do we control the carve up of the ticketing, as miniscule as it is?

V North (home) there was 5000 tigers and 10 north fans

V Dogs (away) theres was 4000 tigers and 500 dogs.

the only difference I can acertain is this complete *smile* head announcer says 'make some nooooiiiiiissssseeeee (home team)' after a goal.

hes on the Metricon payroll ive heard him before.

hes dreadful. appealing to tigers fans to make noise after a goal

is pretty much like urging Nathan Buckley to copy Damien Hardwick at a press conference.

I cant fault RFC and ticketteck so far. got front row seat the last 2 at Metricon and same seats next tues (nom idea whose home game it is)

but rest assured,

the tiger army reserve northern battalion are holding the line.

its great.

it truly honours the Melbourne hardcore and the club,

Reactions: 5 users