Changes V Pies | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes V Pies

I would put Miller in, give him a go, we were clearly too short against the Suns. I noticed CJ down back a few times, he is meant to be a forward, putting him in defence is a clear admission our defence was too short.

DS
I think he was in the ruck.
We are happy having Vlastuin take a shortish tall if needed., and I dont think height in the backline was an issue at all last night. it was just our general shitness.

Having said that I hope Miller comes in. He cant make us worse.

If I chaired the MC, I'd chuck a chair through the window, and write this on the whiteboard in permanent marker

B: Stack Grimes Vlastuin

HB: Mansell Dave Cotchy

C: Pickett. $hai Kmac

HF: Sheds Jack. Parker

F: Rioli. Tom. Rioli

Foll: Nank, Dusty, Bakes

Int: Dow, Graham, RCD, Bachar

unavailable best 22: balta, broad, soldo, Lambert, Prestia

Reactions: 4 users
What was the point of taking Parker if not going to give him a run.... Oh and FFS put George back in as a fwd only bloke. Always down back chasing kicks - i wonder if this is under instruction??

Reactions: 1 user
What was the point of taking Parker if not going to give him a run.... Oh and FFS put George back in as a fwd only bloke. Always down back chasing kicks - i wonder if this is under instruction??
Agree. Not like they picked a young kid that will need to develop. He is an ex AFL player in his prime. Either draft him and play him or why bother. Could understand him not getting a game if we were winning but we have been horrible all year

I think he was in the ruck.
We are happy having Vlastuin take a shortish tall if needed., and I dont think height in the backline was an issue at all last night. it was just our general shitness.

Having said that I hope Miller comes in. He cant make us worse.

I still think we were too short down back, but our general shitness was the main problem.

DS

Reactions: 1 users
I still think we were too short down back, but our general shitness was the main problem.

DS
Agree. Have always had Rance, Grimes, Dave, Broad and Vloss. Then added Balta for Rance. Not sure why they refuse to play Miller as he is the next in line to keep the height down back

If I chaired the MC, I'd chuck a chair through the window, and write this on the whiteboard in permanent marker

B: Stack Grimes Vlastuin

HB: Mansell Dave Cotchy

C: Pickett. $hai Kmac

HF: Sheds Jack. Parker

F: Rioli. Tom. Rioli

Foll: Nank, Dusty, Bakes

Int: Dow, Graham, RCD, Bachar

unavailable best 22: balta, broad, soldo, Lambert, Prestia
I like it Easy. I'm just a tad different. We need to do a number of things. Get some run in so that we can defend space better and also get some balance, grunt, composure and skillful ball use. With our injuries we dont have the complete personnel to meet all criteria so I think we need to prioritise composure and skill in transition and delivery into inside 50. That's why I have Caddy in even though he lacks leg speed and Naish even though I am still wary and his defensive side can be questioned. I also am 'managing" Cotchin as I have never seen him as ineffective as he's been the last two weeks.

So out Cotchin (managed) CJ (injured) Chol RCD Ross Kmac Houli Castagna Aarts

In Nank, Miller, Mansell, Parker, Rioli, 1 Rioli 2, Stacky and Caddy

B Miller Grimes Astbury
HB Stacky Flossy Mansell
C Naish Baker Caddy
HF MRJ Pickett Parker
F Jack Lynch Bolton

R Nank Martin Shed

Int: Graham Dow Short D Rioli

Let's hope some of the proposed ins show something in the twos. I actually really like that forward line.
If Naish stinks it up on the wing you can chuck Shorty or Danny boy in there.

Reactions: 1 users
I would put Miller in, give him a go, we were clearly too short against the Suns. I noticed CJ down back a few times, he is meant to be a forward, putting him in defence is a clear admission our defence was too short.

DS
Gosh both ruckmen were poor in joining defensive contests. In Chol’s case, it seemed like he thought the job was done just by standing inside defensive 50. I lost my voice shouting at him to crash the defensive pack & compete. Contrast that to Nankervis in the last quarter of the 2020 Prelim against Port. Or even the way Benny Gale used to drop back into defence to help an undersized Darren *smile* and Andrew Kellaway.

Reactions: 2 users
My guess will be he is learning the game plan. Hopefully not too long before we see him

Reactions: 1 user
Gosh both ruckmen were poor in joining defensive contests. In Chol’s case, it seemed like he thought the job was done just by standing inside defensive 50. I lost my voice shouting at him to crash the defensive pack & compete. Contrast that to Nankervis in the last quarter of the 2020 Prelim against Port. Or even the way Benny Gale used to drop back into defence to help an undersized Darren *smile* and Andrew Kellaway.

Who did Darren Ga5per offend to be considered a swear word?

DS

Out: Naish, Ross, Houli, Aarts, CCJ and Cantstandya

In: Stack, Parker, Lambert, Prestia, Nank and Mansell