Changes V Port | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes V Port

Well we fluffed this week's selection with Dow when we had plenty of obsolete onballers like Prestia, Martin, Ross. Cotch even Pickett who could have replaced Hopper. And we didn't add support for a tired, sore Jack down forward with another tall option. So who knows what our MC will pick this week. To me they are as out of form as some of our ex champs. My guess a young player or two will be scapgoated and the serial butchers and underperformers will be persevered with!

Reactions: 2 users
Focusing on any remaining top 8 aspirations for the RFC this year... next week is most definitely a must win game. There won't be any wholesale changes to the side to face Port, but I'm sure that Hardwick will not be easy on those players that were 'carried' in that lack lustre match last Saturday evening. Hopefully, a put on notice type of game for a few!

Hopefully ports defence isn’t much chop.

Have to get Cumberland in so we have a chance to kick some goals and have another threat up there.

In Cumberland sonsie
Out dow Clark
Sonsie as sub
Pickett on wing

Miller for nank would be the right thing from an integrity of selection perspective but won’t happen.

In Banks Clarke Cumberland Miller Rioli M Jr Sonsie and Young.
Out Cotchin to sub, Dow Graham Mansell McIntosh Prestia and Riewoldt.

B Vlastuin Young Grimes
HB Baker Broad Rioli D,
C Ralphsmith Taranto Pickett
HF Cumberland Rioli M Jr, Martin
F Ryan Balta Clarke
R Nankervis Short Bolton
I/C Banks Miller Ross and Sonsie
Sub Cotchin.
Their faster midfield will be our biggest hurdle. Can’t play both Ross and Graham.
Balta to start forward. Which again gives emphasis to the error that occurred with the Brown pick in 21.
Tigers by 6.

Last edited:
In Banks Cumberland Miller Rioli M Jr Sonsie and Young.
Out Cotchin Graham Mansell McIntosh Prestia and Riewoldt.

B Vlastuin Young Grimes
HB Baker Broad Rioli D,
C Ralphsmith Taranto Pickett
HF Cumberland Rioli M Jr, Martin
F Ryan Balta Clarke
R Nankervis Short Bolton
I/C Banks Miller Ross and Sonsie
Sub Cotchin.
Their faster midfield will be our biggest hurdle. Can’t play both Ross and Graham.
Balta to start forward. Which again emphasis what a critical error occurred with the Brown pick in 21.
Tigers by 6.
Graham is a great tackler in close but simply does not have the pace once they spread and run.But he at leasts bists his gut...few else do..ross presta dusty bolton rarely gut run to apply pressure..it kills us

Time to get the kids in now.Banks,Sonsie,Cumberland and Biggy.No idea who goes out but get some games into these boys.

Reactions: 1 users
Out: Dow, Clarke, McIntosh
In: Cumberland, Bauer, Sonsie (sub)

Pickett to go back to a wing. Short or Ralphsmith on other wing. Ross to play as genuine midfielder.

Bauer to play as a second lead up key forward. Cumberland to be left as mobile forward pocket for next 4 weeks - give him a chance to settle.

Graham is a great tackler in close but simply does not have the pace once they spread and run.But he at leasts bists his gut...few else do..ross presta dusty bolton rarely gut run to apply pressure..it kills us
Bolton has become an aggressive chaser since becoming a more permanent part of the midfield. Agree the rest.
One maybe yes, but both Graham and Ross together won't work against PAd.

i would make 3 changes.
Dow ( disappointed in his efforts) for Cumberland (provides avenue for goals),
Biggie or Miller, we need that extra height (if he plays back if Balta goes forward, or play forward on rotation or play 3 talls for a period of time, running half forward to wing) for Ralphsmith. He had two opportunities in a space of one minute to direct his kicking to a teammate but choose to kick long to no contest.
Will need Sonsie, someone needs to come out
Clarke to stay as sub.
I thought Ross played well.

Bolton has become an aggressive chaser since becoming a more permanent part of the midfield. Agree the rest.
One maybe yes, but both Graham and Ross together won't work against PAd.
Seeing as graham is a foward would we consider dropping him for cumbo ?
Wont happen
So drop kmac for cumbo and get piclet back on a wing

Regardless of what players go in and out, we must have a better forward structure. An extra tall designated key tall to support Jack, a designated mid size forward and a small forward (Gosh I hope M. Rioli improves).

Part of our forward transition issues is kicking to midfielders/backmen who’ve been used as forwards. Need more height and players who actually know how to be a forward.

Reactions: 1 users
It’ll be too much for Balta to go forward
Loves his role as settled FB looks lost when switched around

Regardless of what players go in and out, we must have a better forward structure. An extra tall designated key tall to support Jack, a designated mid size forward and a small forward (Gosh I hope M. Rioli improves).

Would have though Bauer would give us something different in the forward line. Pity they are playing as a defender

Reactions: 1 user