Changes V Port | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes V Port

Clarke needs a full game and id say that will be in the ressies. He looked puffed after some bursts of running. I highly doubt he will be the sub 3 weeks in a row.
Normally i would agree, but he did play a full game in the VFL last week, so it is not so much an issue.

Out: Mansell
In: Clarke
Mansell had a good game.

It would have been be nice if he could have just scored with his last kick.

But he was good enough otherwise. He has limitations. But at the moment he's playing the old Castagna role better than George did. Unless we want to radically change our plan, Mansell stays in.

Really, we just need a leading forward. But we either don't draft them, or, when we do, we play them in the backline.

Bauer, Cumberland, even Miller could have been playing as leading forwards all season.

Instead, Bauer inexplicably is training in a role which, even if he is successful in, he'll be 6th in line. Miller is being given postcode nowhere treatment, and he better not slip up for a game or punished. Cumbo got thrown up the ground, told to tackle instead of kick goals, got reprimanded for not kicking enough goals, and now doesn't know whether he's coming or going.

Maybe Biggie the backman can be the forward?

I mean, does it really count as development unless you completely change the position you're in?

Reactions: 4 users
Seeing as graham is a foward would we consider dropping him for cumbo ?
Wont happen
So drop kmac for cumbo and get piclet back on a wing
It is pretty clear that our forward line has not recovered from the loss of Lynch.

Jack(s) not to blame, everyone trying, but the result has been a shambles.

Two pre-seasons back Balta showed his stuff and was the popular choice to start the season there but I think injury and the loss of Astbury, caused him to be sent back. We now have a good number of tall backs doing really well, with Young and Bauer also knocking on the door.

I have watched his development and imo Balta is a terrific footballer. In terms of his skill set and future, he sits behind only Shai.

Once he goes forward he creates the target we have been missing. This will allow players to do what they have trained for and go long to a contest, rather than try to compensate.. which comes undone too easily under - "stand".

There won’t be wholesale changes. We simply don’t do that. It’s really just shuffling the deck chairs on The Titanic at the moment. Like to have a look at a couple of the youngsters, though, just to see what they’ve got, if anything.

Mansell had a good game.

It would have been be nice if he could have just scored with his last kick.

But he was good enough otherwise. He has limitations. But at the moment he's playing the old Castagna role better than George did. Unless we want to radically change our plan, Mansell stays in.

Really, we just need a leading forward. But we either don't draft them, or, when we do, we play them in the backline.

Bauer, Cumberland, even Miller could have been playing as leading forwards all season.

Instead, Bauer inexplicably is training in a role which, even if he is successful in, he'll be 6th in line. Miller is being given postcode nowhere treatment, and he better not slip up for a game or punished. Cumbo got thrown up the ground, told to tackle instead of kick goals, got reprimanded for not kicking enough goals, and now doesn't know whether he's coming or going.

Maybe Biggie the backman can be the forward?

I mean, does it really count as development unless you completely change the position you're in?
Out: Nank, Dow

In: Miller, Cumbo.

Let's go back to what works.
I dont disagree with anything you have said (other than the Castagna bit - but we wont go there).

I am not a Mansell fan. Limited football as shown by not being able to hit the scoreboard from 30m out. I want Clarke in as he can be that skillful half forward but we aint going to fast track his development by playing 1 quarter of footy each week.

Cumberland is the natural forward out of Bauer and Miller. But he is currently sitting in purgatory. I can see the logic as to why they are sending him back to the VFL. For me its not about kicks, marks or tackles. Its Cumberland dropping his head and not staying in the game when something doesnt go his way. Question is can we manage that mental development without having to cut off our nose to spit our face.

Our forward line is as potent as a 90 year old.

Ins
Jack needs help in the forward line so bring in either Miller or Brauer just to give us another taller option to make their defence accountable. If we go with Miller, he can rotate in the ruck with Ryan and nank. Cumberland surely comes in too. Pickett back to the wing. Ross into the middle. Sonsie in as well. That's 3 ins.
Outs
Dow - he looked totally lost last night;
Ralphsmith - doesn't do enough and his kicking is woeful
Clarke - needs a full game in the VFL.
Dimma has given us the hint that Jack is too sore to line up next Sunday.
Expect him to be out and that he may not be fit to return before Cotch’s 300th.

There won’t be wholesale changes. We simply don’t do that. It’s really just shuffling the deck chairs on The Titanic at the moment. Like to have a look at a couple of the youngsters, though, just to see what they’ve got, if anything.
Don't know what changes if any would be made, but on VFL form Cumberland would have to be a chance.
No matter who we bring in CTT, we are certainly going to be the underdogs, and rightly so.
If we were to win this game this little bvlack duck would be very surprised, but happy.

Port were super impressive!! if they play like that we will get smashed off the park.
Would Rather Balta play wing as a marking option coming out of defence. Also can kick 65m so 120m transition from one player.

Port were super impressive!! if they play like that we will get smashed off the park.
Would Rather Balta play wing as a marking option coming out of defence. Also can kick 65m so 120m transition from one player.
Without Lynch, Balta is our next best choice as a forward. We need a forward with the capacity to get the ball to ground. Love to see him play on a wing but we don't have that luxury.

Reactions: 1 user
Without Lynch, Balta is our next best choice as a forward. We need a forward with the capacity to get the ball to ground. Love to see him play on a wing but we don't have that luxury.
True...except it wont get into the forward line enough without a marking transition player against Port.

Don't know what changes if any would be made, but on VFL form Cumberland would have to be a chance.
No matter who we bring in CTT, we are certainly going to be the underdogs, and rightly so.
If we were to win this game this little bvlack duck would be very surprised, but happy.
Games are being lost at selection. If Prestia and Riewoldt are too sore to play.. they are too sore to be selected.

Reactions: 2 users
True...except it wont get into the forward line enough without a marking transition player against Port.
Got me there... A number of solutions which aren't perfect and just looking for the best. We have an abundance of flankers...

Reactions: 1 user
If Balta goes forward who plays on Finlayson, Marshall or Dixon?
Do we know if Marshall or Dixon will be there. I thought they weren't available. Any way happy for Young to have first crack at any of these 3. He has the agility and speed, and is a good spoiler, but will need to be careful not to hold.
Has courage in spades and seems to have a good feel as to where the ball is and where it is going.

The Tigers have 2 players dominate the Kochies in recent seasons/

Tommy carves them up and he's not there.

Nank killed them around the ground but out of touch and conditioning, hopoefully he holds those marks next week.

Chuck in Lambo who always played well against em as well.

first meeting at the G since 2019 isnt it it?