Changes verses the Swannies - Easter Round | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes verses the Swannies - Easter Round

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Setting up to fail here by continuing with Dow & Banks. Fair enough there’s lots of injuries but McAuliffe needs to be played from hereon & surely Cumberland is worth trying - we’re hardly dangerous up forward.

Can’t understand Clarke not being played either. Doesn’t make a lot of sense at the moment. Feels like we’ve changed the senior coach but nothing else.

JoeGee

Tiger Cub
Oct 17, 2023
Only thing I can think to explain the changes is they've pencilled it as a loss already and want to see what Banks and Dow offer over a decent run of games.

That or Yze is a genius and is imploding the team in order to get the significant staffing changes needed to make us a competitive group again.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Only thing I can think to explain the changes is they've pencilled it as a loss already and want to see what Banks and Dow offer over a decent run of games.

That or Yze is a genius and is imploding the team in order to get the significant staffing changes needed to make us a competitive group again.
Same thought. It might be annoying for us fans to watch losses, but better for the long run.

Reactions: 2 users

kenny

Tiger Cub
Mar 16, 2014
We just need quality picks for quality kids . We will have that next year and beyond

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Dow and Banks stay in. We are 2 players down to begin with. These 2 don't offer a contest or any run and pressure.
Least Hugo isnt in along with them.

Last chance for them this week surely.

Happy Kane to likely debut next week at home in SA.

Young and Miller in as expected.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Aside from Balta & Bolton, we need 2-3 more superstars in a hurry to make a run in 2027. McAuliffe & Fawcett better be good, cause there’s no one else.
Mozza and Cumbo a possibility, Gibbo (skipper), Sonz, Clarke and Brown should along with any trades. I never thought Dion, Nank and Caddy would do much for us in 2017.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Aside from Balta & Bolton, we need 2-3 more superstars in a hurry to make a run in 2027. McAuliffe & Fawcett better be good, cause there’s no one else.

There are very few on our list that potentially will be superstars of the comp because we haven't had top 10 draft picks mainly because we've been winning premierships. So many people whinging about not having the next superstars when we haven't had the chance to draft them, seriously what do people expect??

This season is finding out about how many of those on our list can be those 2nd string and role players going forwards, only Gibbo is potentially a young superstar on our list.

Lets see where we are in a couple of years of being able to draft at the top end of the draft again.

Reactions: 7 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Don't see the need for both Miller and Young. Lefau very lucky but not as lucky as Dow.

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
as an aside to the main game team.Do we get VFL announced sides straight away?And where are they playing this week?

Rantnrave

Tiger Legend
May 6, 2008
When did MJ last play a great game or kick goals
Yet THE ONLY small x factor foward we have who has any potential of kicki g 3 4 or 6 goals is cumberland...it makes no bloody sense .And ever eorse is Graham will be back in 4 weeks .He will clog up a foward spot and be yetanother selection who hasnt played a great game or damagung fowards game in 4 seasins now
.dusty and prestia out yet no McAuliffe.So we go taranto and Dow at centre clearances both of whom were destroyed last week..
We are gonna be in for a horrid sunday.

I couldnt be bothered .....almost

Reactions: 1 users

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Banks and Lefau should be OUT. Banks havs had two bad games. Wouldve preferred Clarke or Ralphsmith over Banks, Cumberland over Lefau and Kane McAuliffe over Dow

In: Maurice Rioli, Nathan Broad, Tyler Sonsie, Tylar Young
Out: Dylan Grimes (wrist), Dustin Martin (calf), Judson Clarke (omitted), James Trezise (ankle)

Round 3, Richmond v Sydney, Sunday, March 31, 4.00pm AEDT, MCG

BacksTylar Young45Nathan Broad35Nick Vlastuin1
Half-BacksJayden Short15Tom Brown30Daniel Rioli17
CentrelineKamdyn McIntosh33Tim Taranto14Marlion Pickett50
Half-ForwardsSeth Campbell44Rhyan Mansell31Maurice Rioli10
ForwardsNoah Balta21Shai Bolton29Tom Lynch19
FollowersToby Nankervis25Jack Ross5Liam Baker7
Interchange:Tyler Sonsie40Thomson Dow27Sam Banks41
Ben Miller46Mykelti Lefau42
Emergencies:Hugo Ralphsmith13Kane McAuliffe28Sam Naismith24
Wow Dow and Banks survive yet again
Wonder who the *smile* picks the side?

angle ankle

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 6, 2020

I’m hoping yze is doing the brave thing by playing some beyond the call & eventually eliminating.
It’s my only explanation for no combo or coulthard.
Also lefau could well be something after some experience, but kosi & Mike nesmith are scratching heads.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Backline is a worry. Talls were killed last week. 3 talls scored 9 goals, 3 goal assists, had 17 marks and 11 marks inside 15. Young was in poor form before injury. Swans tall forwards not as strong as Port's but they have quality smalls. Going to be a learning experience for sure.