Changes verses the Swannies - Easter Round | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes verses the Swannies - Easter Round

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Mainly the older players, we have too many, expect more soft tissue injuries. I fully expected this. I think in the end it's good. Forces us to play the younger guys, something we should have been doing 2 years ago.
Two years ago when we were arguably a *smile* ARC decision and a Dion hammy from winning a fourth flag in six years, and still got 18 games into Gibcus, 15 into MoJu,15 into Ross, 13 into Hugo, 10 into Sonsie, 9 into Cumberland, and 3 into Juddy, all aged between 18 and 21 at the time?

Reactions: 8 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Two years ago when we were arguably a *smile* ARC decision and a Dion hammy from winning a fourth flag in six years, and still got 18 games into Gibcus, 15 into MoJu,15 into Ross, 13 into Hugo, 10 into Sonsie, 9 into Cumberland, and 3 into Juddy, all aged between 18 and 21 at the time?

spook, spook, spook, you must know that PRE isn't the place for facts, hyperbole is the go here.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
The fitness and conditioning have cost us in the last few years.
Players will not want to play for us seeing what is happening.

If i were Gibcus I would want a circuit breaker and move to another club, he has been cursed and crueled with injuries at the Tige's.

• Dislike
  • Haha

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
So why he played last week if it's been an issue over the last few weeks of puzzling ? Fitness and conditioning heading on tract like last year poor management. That's on Tim Livingstone and the Chief for me accepting mediocre.

Last edited:

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
and if they did Banks, Brown, Moju and Dow wouldn’t be.

I don’t understand the calls for Clarke to play, he had an underwhelming pre season and he has never really excelled at afl level yet. Hugo played well last week in the vfl but hasn’t had a pre season that screams pick me, nor has coulthard. If you read the comments by Steve Morris he sees Cumbo building form but he hasn’t done a lot yet this season.

To me the only one with legitimate claims to being picked now is McAuliffe.

Let’s just enjoy seeing of this group of youngsters can improve and I am sure the others with get a go at some point. It’s up to them to perform at a vfl level
Seriously what has Banks Dow MJ done to keep getting games?

Reactions: 2 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Yeah, this idea that we have been rubbish since 2020 is false.

Reactions: 1 user

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Yeah, this idea that we have been rubbish since 2020 is false.
Our best chance was 2022.
2001 we were tired
2022 we were resurrected and couldve won it.
2023 we were flat and worn out
2024 unroadworthy engine lost power and cracked windscreen.
2025 Trade in

ryros_

Tiger Cub
Oct 1, 2014
McAuliffe in? Named in the 18.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-03-29 at 2.27.43 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2024-03-29 at 2.27.43 pm.png
    130.9 KB · Views: 32

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
You must have missed the point of my post. They are getting a run of games, which is what we should be doing with young players.
And my point was that a run of games is for some young players not others Nothing has changed

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
If i were Gibcus I would want a circuit breaker and move to another club, he has been cursed and crueled with injuries at the Tige's.
It's how we manage the soft tissue injuries.
It's crazy.
In fact it's dumb.
The Gibcus story is just pure bad luck so not sure if you are taking the Mickey here or not.

Jukes Extended 2.0

Tiger Cub
Jan 28, 2023
Just play the kids, Dusty has an old man injury, Grimes and Prestia shouldn't play next season.
Who cares who plays this week, Swans are a quality team and 60 plus slapping is on the cards lads.

I said before the first game our list is putrid and bottom 4. Now with all these injuries especially to our better players, the spoon is ours.
Lucky to win 3 games all season, see our 22 last week??? One of the worst 22 I've seen in an AFL game.

• Dislike

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
It's how we manage the soft tissue injuries.
It's crazy.
In fact it's dumb.
The Gibcus story is just pure bad luck so not sure if you are taking the Mickey here or not.
No I am dead serious, I'd be looking for better luck elsewhere.