Changes versus Port | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes versus Port

Tass

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 3, 2005
Port captain claiming they are the under dogs for the game.
On the one hand they’re bitching about not being respected for being minor premiers, and on the other they don’t want the pressure that comes with being the favourites. I’m smelling a mental edge our way.

Reactions: 11 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
On the one hand they’re bitching about not being respected for being minor premiers, and on the other they don’t want the pressure that comes with being the favourites. I’m smelling a mental edge our way.
Yep. Also said they won’t be bullied by Richmond.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Would be staggered if Chol came in. Astbury and Balta both did well in the ruck. If Chol plays, it worries me that Balta makes way with Astbury on Dixon.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Yep, Port are focussing on playing Richmond. We're focusing on winning another Prelim.

Reactions: 2 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Brave individual. Their supporters occupy a different rung on the evolutionary ladder to the rest of us.
Looks more like a QLD PLate than a SA one.

Has numbers first and maroon looking maybe my eyes are gone.

If so safe as houses.

Either way its a great touch and double thumbs up

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Would be staggered if Chol came in. Astbury and Balta both did well in the ruck. If Chol plays, it worries me that Balta makes way with Astbury on Dixon.
I wouldn't worry too much that the MC would think that Chol offers more to the team than Dave or Noah. Chol has been tested and found wanting when he is needed. Cameo performances don't come near a full games performance

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Looks more like a QLD PLate than a SA one.

Has numbers first and maroon looking maybe my eyes are gone.

If so safe as houses.

Either way its a great touch and double thumbs up
Think your right, Craig.

Looks like mud flaps say Gold Coast Isuzu.

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Think your right, Craig.

Looks like mud flaps say Gold Coast Isuzu.

Pretty sure the Tigers might have gained themselves a few fans on the Goldie over the course of this season.

Probbaly won over a few of the local franchises fans ........not surprising after we've won over a few of their players.

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
I just watched Dimma's presser. Sounded to me that Mabs is right in the mix.

If that's right, who's out?

He spoke glowingly of Astbury, Balta, Broad and Grimes. So I assume Broady stays. So who goes out of the forwards?

JR8

Tiger Legend
Apr 23, 2003
Melbourne - Eastern Subs

He spoke glowingly of Astbury, Balta, Broad and Grimes. So I assume Broady stays. So who goes out of the forwards?
I would be shocked (and HORRIFIED) if Chol comes in. :eek:

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I’ve sent him videos I’ve made showing some great training tips, how to kick a drop punt, how to handball, how to take a mark, etc..
My mum help me do the videos. I’ve got a feeling RFC have been using them.
I started sending them in 2017. Same time we started to come good.
Hmm, I reckon you might have a case of Intellectual Property theft. You better get a lawyer son, you better get yourself a real good one.

• Haha

tommygun

1st of many
Aug 24, 2011
Caroline Springs

I believe Broad was brought in so Astbury and Balta can go in the ruck, if Chol comes in Broad won’t be needed unfortunately. FWIW I hope we go unchanged

shad

Tiger Champion
Apr 6, 2010
Castlemaine
I used to work with a bloke from Adelaide (he’d been in Melbourne for many years), and he said Adelaide supporters, which is basically everyone who doesn’t follow Port, regarded it as good week as long as Port lost, they didn’t even care if the Crows lost as well.

They must be really torn then this week. Either barrack for Port or the team that destroyed their club. Massive dilemma for the crow supporters.

• Haha

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
They must be really torn then this week. Either barrack for Port or the team that destroyed their club. Massive dilemma for the crow supporters.

Surprisingly no. I have a mate who is mad Adelaide Crows. He said there is no doubt the non-Port part of Adelaide want us to win. In fact he said they had preferred we play and beat them in the Grand Final just to make it more painful for Port supporters.

He's bringing his 3yo son over on Friday to watch the match and has asked if we can kit the kid up in Tigers gear. He wants to send the photo to his Port loving FiL

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
I believe Broad was brought in so Astbury and Balta can go in the ruck, if Chol comes in Broad won’t be needed unfortunately. FWIW I hope we go unchanged
It would have to be Broad- but yes, no change.

• Sad

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Surprisingly no. I have a mate who is mad Adelaide Crows. He said there is no doubt the non-Port part of Adelaide want us to win. In fact he said they had preferred we play and beat them in the Grand Final just to make it more painful for Port supporters.
Richmond - making South Australians happy, 50% at a time.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users