Changes versus Port | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes versus Port

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Unchanged, it's a team that won a shortened semi by 5 goals. But Markov for Lambert would be a move that makes sense.
I would like extra run and another midfield option to utilise more Shai & Edwards.

My two concerns are Lambert & Georgie Boy.
To me Lambert can’t bend down to pick up the ball.
Georgie Boy , look playing further up the ground but where is the player of 17/18/19?
Coaches will see things different to us.
But it’s PF time and I think Dimma will go with them again.

It’s cut throat time now.
Could you go with a Caddy, Ross or Markov in a PF with no experience. Caddy proven. Or you stick with Lambert & George???

I don’t know.

nikolasmia

Tiger Superstar
Sep 3, 2007
If there are no injuries I cant see how there would be any changes

Having said that, would be a great player to have come in if he is fit

MalenyTiger

Tiger Superstar
Jan 27, 2005
We picked a side to challenge Port, a week early.

No change.
We also played a game style to fit Adelaide oval next week. We won the clearances substantially. It was a bit of a different style to our usual style of giving up the first clearance to win the second one. Dimma stated in his presser after the loss to port earlier this year that it is hard to win when you lose the clearances at Adelaide oval. So unless there's an injury no change for mine, this current team is primed for next week.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
no change.

Dimma mentioned Marbs a couple of times.

Nooooooo!

trying to pump him up so he doesn't leave.

If we keep the same team as tonight, changes from our last game vs them in round 11:
Out: -> In:
Chol -> Astbury
Stack -> Cotchin
Aarts -> Graham
Ross -> Prestia
Caddy -> Edwards
Eggs -> Houli
Soldo -> Nankervis

Pretty handy changes

Port Adelaide browning their pants as they read this :mhihi

Reactions: 4 users

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
Aarts for Lambert (if injured)
Chol for Broad - obvious
I think these are the changes. We need to match them in the ruck for the full game, this is a must. Then DST will impact. Dion, Shane, Trent will make a big positive difference to us, last time we got belted in the centre.

Reactions: 1 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
I think these are the changes. We need to match them in the ruck for the full game, this is a must. Then DST will impact. Dion, Shane, Trent will make a big positive difference to us, last time we got belted in the centre.
last game is irrelevasnt when talking about centre clearances. Cotch, Prestia, Edwards and Graham all missed, and from memory Dusty spent more time up forward than usual, especially considering the others who missed.

i wrote this in another thread but many are also misunderstanding our clearance history. Yes we have sucked at centre bounces this year, but we havent had Prestia and Edwards for much of the year. previous years we have been decent or better at centre bounces. we have sucked at stoppages around the ground for the last few years tho, because we preferred to be outnumbered around the ball but have players behind the ball instead, to win it back in space. we were beaten at stoppages around the ground last night.

Reactions: 2 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
last game is irrelevasnt when talking about centre clearances. Cotch, Prestia, Edwards and Graham all missed, and from memory Dusty spent more time up forward than usual, especially considering the others who missed.

i wrote this in another thread but many are also misunderstanding our clearance history. Yes we have sucked at centre bounces this year, but we havent had Prestia and Edwards for much of the year. previous years we have been decent or better at centre bounces. we have sucked at stoppages around the ground for the last few years tho, because we preferred to be outnumbered around the ball but have players behind the ball instead, to win it back in space. we were beaten at stoppages around the ground last night.

Good summary and shown clearly in this graphic the difference of centre bounces versus stoppage clearances.

1602298693799.png

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Got the job done room for improvement without a doubt like all sides, but through to a preliminary.Reset now.aNeed more from a few players Cotch needs to lift, Lambert and Pickett.Love to see Markov in gives us dash and run and carry a weapon.Will be underdogs against Port rightly so they have been fantastic.As mentioned a few points different line up now completely to last game against Port, and we're winning clearances big plus and yesterday contested ball to.Thought the cats had there moments in the game last week didn't take them Hawkins behinds etc there back 6 struggled to contain him.Need to isolate Lynch or Riewolt in square with McKenzie is undersized we can stretch them.

I think the midfield is we're the game will be won Port have some talent there Butters is a star.We match there we can win the game.In the ruck what do we do keep Nank and use a chop out against Ladhams and Lycett did well against Marshall yesterday.Interesting cats played it that way with Stanley and can't remember how they went.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
think ive asked before but how much ruck work has Noah done in the VFL?

Broady has intentionally bought us a whole new flexibility down back.

I reckon Dave stands Dixon,

and we unleash Nankalta

Daves no good in the ruck, and Noah isnt as good with Dave in his paddock, Nank doesn't want anyone in his paddock but needs someone against Ladhams/Lycett

It could be a win:win:win .......... win

Reactions: 7 users

Brettstigers

Queen La Camilla
Mar 21, 2005
Sydney
I would like to bring Caddy in to play on Hamish Hartlett as a defensive forward. The guy killed Geelong and is a power player who positions himself to intercept as the defense drifts up behind the play, like Vlaustin, rather than a speed freak.

I suppose that means George is out but while he played better against St Kilda he has been a consistent poor performer. If he plays he will need to lift to add value against Port.

Reactions: 1 user

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
I did notice Lambert limping in the last quarter at a stoppage. Hopefully he’s better for the run and it’s an easy decision, but it’s always hard to drop courageous, respected, senior players with an injury for a final.

Last edited: