Changes vs Dees | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes vs Dees

In Balta for the rest of the season at CHB especially if we lose this week and the following week the season is done.

When Dave is back Noah hopefully stays and Grimes is released back to 3rd banana, and Broad then back to 4th to maximise the defences ability to cover off.

This will be more pertinant next year than this year the way things are looking at the minute.

Getting some serious game time into Noah this year might be the best way to go as he is the more long term replacement.

Reactions: 7 users
They’ve been really talking Garth up in the reports so expect him to play but would prefer balta or both. Move broad to a wing without robbing the defence

Reactions: 1 user
In Balta for the rest of the season at CHB especially if we lose this week and the following week the season is done.

When Dave is back Noah hopefully stays and Grimes is released back to 3rd banana, and Broad then back to 4th to maximise the defences ability to cover off.

This will be more pertinant next year than this year the way things are looking at the minute.

Getting some serious game time into Noah this year might be the best way to go as he is the more long term replacement.
This ^

Reactions: 1 users

Agree 100%
Listening to Dimma's presser after the game when he spoke about 'working out what to do with that 4th bench player', surely someone like Balta, even Chol to a lesser extent, is perfect for this spot. They can play back, forward, pinch hit in the ruck, Noah can play wing or even in the guts.
Need a true utility player in the side permanently. Gotta get some game time into these guys

Reactions: 11 users
Listening to Dimma's presser after the game when he spoke about 'working out what to do with that 4th bench player', surely someone like Balta, even Chol to a lesser extent, is perfect for this spot. They can play back, forward, pinch hit in the ruck, Noah can play wing or even in the guts.
Need a true utility player in the side permanently.
Agreed. The 4th bench player should be full of X Factor and able to cause an instant mismatch – at a moment's notice you can swap Balta for either a small or tall, anywhere on the ground.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm still not convinced on Cholly.

Good skills but goes missing for long periods. If he was to show intensity throughout the game he'd be a different player.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm still not convinced on Cholly.

Good skills but goes missing for long periods. If he was to show intensity throughout the game he'd be a different player.

Would still prefer CCJ to get the choice ahead of Chol

Three talls I see. Garth we have to assume is in for Dave. CCJ for Caddy and supporting ruck which I do like and Balta who may play like a headless chicken at times but certainly is versatile. We could do worse

Caddy seems OK for Sunday.

It's Balta time for me and not for one or two weeks. He is not going to fit into the team unless he learns to play with them week in week out. Rance-like specimen who could be anything within a short time.

I am usually in the more smalls camp but we are just not competitive aerially at the moment and that is hurting us at ground level.

Balta, Garthy and CCJ in! Also Pickett and Rioli back.

Ross, Kmac, Dave , Castagna and Stack out.

1 senior game for CCJ I believe David. If memory serves it was against Essendon in the rain last year.

I knew it was maybe 0-3 games.

1 game is not enough, bring him in and make it for at least 3 games to see how he goes after some adjustment to the seniors.

DS