Changes vs GWS | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes vs GWS

Baron Samedi

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2016
Huge tactical conundrum facing the match committee this week. Retaining Chol and bringing Jack back will have potentially huge (and exciting) consequences.

GWS is suspect against fast movement. I reckon Dimma has us well prepped for this after last week.

Nick Davis is a good general but their defence can well and truly be exploited on turnover.

Exhibit A is the job Essendon did on them. We all know Essendon is an insipid unit with only one trick. GWS didn’t have the fortitude to run defensively against the Dons and they will be *smile* sliced by us on the G. *smile* sliced mate!

Unless the giants turn up with a finals, season on the line type mindset, they will be beaten and beaten soundly.

No need to bring Cads back in. I reckon Jack will come back in for Dan R.

IN: Jack
OUT: Rioli

I love the bloke, but you just can’t carry his poor form in what has clearly become a meritocracy down at Punt Rd. How would Bakes feel if Dan got a free hit week after week? How would Des feel if he was dropped after doing everything asked of him? Playing favourites is a morale killer.

We need Dan to find his mojo before September.

We also need to answer the question of what we look like with one extra tall in the mix. Will it curtail our run and ability to force F50 turnovers?

With Stack and Bolton providing laser delivery, I have a feeling we may not need the extra small coverage.

Not when Lynch and Jack are being hit lace out.

Like we’ve discussed on the tactics thread, we might actually be evolving into a team that doesn’t need dirty chaos ball.

That means Chol playing as swingman, moonlighting as third tall.

What third defender could stop him? Can’t think of anyone at the Giants.

Exciting times.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Why the rush to bring Caddy in?
His last four games have been poor.
Then injured last week.
If Jack is in, surely Caddy tries to find form via the 2’s?
i'd agree with that but I reckon Dimma would have him straight back in the ones.

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Think young Derek the Egg will make room for Jack with Sheds moving to the backline brigade. If Caddy gets back in Shai or Rioli mostly probably Rioli.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Think young Derek the Egg will make room for Jack with Sheds moving to the backline brigade. If Caddy gets back in Shai or Rioli mostly probably Rioli.

Too slow in the forward line. It’s going to be wet and windy. Caddy lynch and jack won’t work.
Caddy stays out.
Realistically jack should stay out too if it’s pissing down.

Reactions: 1 user
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Reckon Riewoldt & Caddy will come in. Who goes out is trickier. The most likely are DES & Rioli but we can't be too slow.
Personally DES stays in for mine. Short the unlucky one.

ThePercies

Tiger Superstar
Apr 8, 2007
Bendigo
This is what I love about our current list. There is no easy to pick 22. We have waited so so long to be in this position where there are so many pushing for selection.
I hate these new rules but I love the way this club is thriving off-field and on :D

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
I reckon Baker Jack Caddy and CCJ come in tonight. We'll still be waiting for the outs.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
On form side is unchanged, but depends if Dimma and selection committee want to get more games into likely starters for finals.

I think this week it's only one change, Jack in for who knows.... Chol or DES

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
There is no form when you play a team like GCS were last week.

We normally pick the team per gameplan to counter a particular opposition that week.

Do we formulate a finals masterplan and stick to that regardless of opposition OR do we go the week to week?

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
B David Astbury, Nathan Broad, Dylan Grimes
HB Bachar Houli, Nick Vlastuin, Jayden Short
C Kamdyn McIntosh, Dion Prestia, Shai Bolton
HF Daniel Rioli, Jason Castagna, Kane Lambert
F Jack Riewoldt, Shane Edwards, Tom Lynch
Foll Ivan Soldo, Trent Cotchin, Dustin Martin
I/C Derek Eggmolesse-Smith, Jack Graham, Brandon Ellis, Mabior Chol, Jack Higgins, Sydney Stack, Josh Caddy, Liam Baker

In: Jack Riewoldt, Jack Higgins, Josh Caddy, Liam Baker

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
chol has more running power than Mummy and this will be advantageous. Chol & Soldo in the ruck, however, I'm thinking Chol running around more, whilst Soldo is pure ruck only.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
tough one... I'm glad Bakers name is in there.. Jack goes without saying ..