Changes vs GWS | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes vs GWS

tropicaltiger

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Jan 11, 2003
cairns
Fumbling the ball (& the ball consequently going to the opposition) should be included if it isn’t already
Sadly a clanger can be the perfect tackle, but if a player gets him a whisker high, coz he ducks and gets a free from the ump its deemed a clanger :mad: instead of baaaaaaalll. Selwood the perfect example.

Ice

Tiger Superstar
Jul 18, 2006
forecast to be cold and windy, which generally favours our chaotic small forwards. Cant go too tall with Jack R returning

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
forecast to be cold and windy, which generally favours our chaotic small forwards. Cant go too tall with Jack R returning

Jack mentioned caddy is ready too.
I would play caddy in the 2’s.

Reactions: 1 users

bricci

Tiger Rookie
May 7, 2004
Great that we are nearing full strength and a few players being stiff to be dropped is a great place to be.
Jack is the only certain in. I think ideally Jack plays further up the ground - more CHF and wing as we have been outmarked repeatedly coming out of defence and need a better contest there - no one is better at this than Jack. He may need a couple of weeks before he can do this however.
Caddy is the interesting one - we have to be careful not to be too big up there - maybe he rotates through the middle more?
I would expect Lynch to be rested a couple soon - after all he is the only one that has played every game!
I would give Choi a go as 1st ruck IF Mumford is out, but Soldo needs to play if Mummy is in. Long term its the Nank-Choi show I suspect.
Everyone seems to have forgotten Baker he was bloody good for weeks and had a bad one against Adelaide. Was in best 2 in Magoo's. Gets the ball a lot more than Rioli and I think will hit Jack and Lynch lace out more than anyone.
Also I think Higgins will get back into the 22 before too long.
No doubt there will be a bit of horses for courses - eg: Jack Graham may only play against certain oppositions, etc.
McIntosh won't be dropped - too important to structure and run. We need him more than Houli for example!

So maybe just Jack for DES this week?
I am definitely strapped in a looking forward to the ride over the next 7 weeks and beyond - 6 wins = top 4, 7wins = top 2!

• Love

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Riewoldt and Caddy will definitely come back in.

As for who goes out?? One would think Egg but the other???

I would have said Soldo but this is one game we need him. He needs to take the hits against Mumford.

Brettstigers

Queen La Camilla
Mar 21, 2005
Sydney
I think atm Hardwick is all about putting the band back together. Whoever he sees being in that finals side gets the chance to play themselves back into form. Is Caddy fit, yes, is Caddy a player who would be in that finals side if in form, absolutely. Then he plays, nothing surer. Baker and Higgins will be injury/form dependent. Can Baker or Higgins force out Bellis or Dan. Maybe on Dan and no on Bellis. Personally, I prefer Den to Baker - I think when he gets into the game he has more impact and he has more potential/x factor than Baker. Still its a close call and that assumes that Bolton's form stays solid.

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Worry about Jack returning too soon.

He said he is not 100% fit and has ongoing rehab.

Get some problem with his knee again and it would possibly be the end of the road for him being 30 now.

Reactions: 1 user

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
Egg and Chol have to play. Eggs left foot is laserish. Chol needs the game time. I’d rather see Chol and Balta share the ruck till nanks is back. Soldo and Ellis out

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
I dare say the Egg might well get poached for Jackmond.

I know he played well today but he has got his taste of the big time and someone has to make way for the return of JR8.

It won't be Cholly he's gowing too well and having an impact.
Can we go with four talls - Jack, Chol, Soldo and Lynch? Yes if Chol and Soldo swap ruck duties off the bench, leaving only Jack and Lynch as fwd half talls. Eggy did enough to hold his place so perhaps they'll look at giving Rioli a spell (14 disp.) since Stack has taken his role. Lambert probably got a minor neck strain from that tunnelling fall so they could rest him to make selection easier.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Worry about Jack returning too soon.

He said he is not 100% fit and has ongoing rehab.

Get some problem with his knee again and it would possibly be the end of the road for him being 30 now.

Lynch is not 100% after 12 months and will take another pre-season to get anywhere close, expect the same for Jack. At 80% they are still worth having in our side.

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Broad Grimes Astbury
Shorty Flossy Eggy
Kmac Cotchin Bolton
Rioli Stacky Castagna
Jack Lynch Caddy

Soldo Martin Prestia

Int: Shed Lambert Graham Chol (MCG debut)

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Egg will be unlucky and miss. Chol and Soldo both need to play as using reiwoldt and or Lynch in the ruck hasn't worked

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Out: Ellis, Short
In: Jack, Caddy

Broad Astbury Grimes
Houli Floss Eggs
KMac Dusty Lablett
Sheds Jack $hai
George Lynch Stack
Soldo Cotch Prestia
Rioli Graham Chol Caddy

Tiger Superstar
Feb 28, 2008
Looks like Caddy gets the nod ‍as the second ruck...
Why the rush to bring Caddy in?
His last four games have been poor.
Then injured last week.
If Jack is in, surely Caddy tries to find form via the 2’s?

Reactions: 1 user