Changes vs Port Power Rnd 18 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes vs Port Power Rnd 18

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Bakes is a footy player you can trust. Tough, good overhead, smart, hard at the contest. Back forward whatevs.

X2.

a 'like' doesn't quite do this sentiment justice for me.

He is always involved too.

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Lots of crystal balling re Pickett.
Has he ever had one disposal at AFL level?
I’d like to see him play at least one game before I put him best 22

I had thought this myself ,

Understand the excitement, but prob best to cool the jets until we see him actually play in our colours

kiwitiger

Jul 28, 2004
Happy with the outs and ins this week. Macintosh has been in terrible form the last 4-5 weeks. Needs a kick up the bum. Eggs was a no brainer. Happy with Baker and Graham inclusions. For mine Caddy needs to learn how to play the big bodied midfield role if he wants to get back in. Our forward line is set now and there is no room for him unless Jack or Lynch get injured.

I think this might be it with caddy , not sure there is room for him now as a fairly permanent forward, like he has mostly been since joining us

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
I think this might be it with caddy , not sure there is room for him now as a fairly permanent forward, like he has mostly been since joining us
Maybe they are trying to build up his midfield game in the twos, rather than bludging in the forward line

Reactions: 1 user

kiwitiger

Jul 28, 2004
Maybe they are trying to build up his midfield game in the twos, rather than bludging in the forward line

His lack of pace worries me a bit if it’s midfield,

And I am a fan of what he has contributed to our club to date , he filled a gapping hole in our list with a lack of a second tall forward, and did it really really well,

But it’s an interesting dilemma where he now fits in

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
There's certainly been a shift in selection criteria this year. There is some Clarkson 2008 about this.

I look at this side vs our side over the past few years, and think, everyone can kick. Or distribute by hand. And not just in terms of skill, but in terms of creativity. That's not coincidence, it's direction. We now, have a team of beautiful users.

We've inundated our backline with distributors. Houli, Short, Edwards, and Baker. One of those (and possibly Broad) will replace McIntosh on the wing. I love Kmac, and I'm one of his biggest fans, but he's been really average by foot for a few weeks now. The way we want to play now needs rapid movement of the ball across the wings, and pinpoint delivery inside 50. Kmac pays the price.

If you look at the line up forward of defence, you can only find brilliant users. In fact, the most scrubby users are now some of our best players. Cotch, Prestia, Martin. But they're still brilliant. It says something when they're your worst.

Reactions: 2 users

tote

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 10, 2004
Sydney
With Nank back next week I think it will be out Soldo and Chol and in Nank and Caddy - must play Chol with Soldo but Caddy will replace him when Nank is back.

Reactions: 1 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
*Stuffed if I know how to highlight 'em:(

Select the text and use the 'droplet' button.

YbjXk4B.jpg

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Side note' Chamberlain & O'Gorman both umpiring. Guaranteed to get reamed
Put something on port for some compensation.

tbartiger

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2009
Qld
It's not about some pecking order of who plays, Craig.

At VFL level, they are fine-tuning aspects of Caddy's game, tweaking his role. With the arrival of Lynch, and the somewhat unexpected emergence of Chol, the squeeze is on Caddy, so his potential contribution has to more flexible.

We are creating a juggernaut! We are creating a new Richmond oppo coaches and analysts have not been preparing for.

All players accept the purpose of time spent in the VFL these days. Unlike when Vickery (and others) would get dropped then sulk in the magoos instead of tearing it up.

Trust me, in the finals the 2019 Caddy will be better and more versatile than the 2017 version.

Keep going, I’m almost there.....

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
it appears we have been reading the dogs playbook.
as ripples said we are agile and fast off halfback.
recently we've been handballing like crazy, flicking the ball around.
daring centre corridor running

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
Looking at the 18 named as starters in our VFL team.... 13 of them have played in the ones this year. ......
That old injury curse may possibly have given us a competitive advantage others can't match.

B: 43. D. Eggmolesse-Smith, 38. N. Balta, 46. B. Miller
HB: 51. S. Morris, 42. R. Garthwaite, 45. P. Naish
C: 32. L. English, 22. J. Caddy, 33. K. Mcintosh
HF: 39. J. Aarts, 40. C. Coleman-Jones, 37. C. Menadue
F: 31. O. Markov, 21. J. Townsend, 16. M. Weller
R: 25. T. Nankervis, 26. R. Collier-Dawkins, 7. D. Butler

*Stuffed if I know how to highlight 'em:(
I’d back that team against all the bottom 8 in the afl right now.

By the way you can watch the Sunday game on vfl.com at 2pm

Last edited:

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
There's certainly been a shift in selection criteria this year. There is some Clarkson 2008 about this.

I look at this side vs our side over the past few years, and think, everyone can kick. Or distribute by hand. And not just in terms of skill, but in terms of creativity. That's not coincidence, it's direction. We now, have a team of beautiful users.

We've inundated our backline with distributors. Houli, Short, Edwards, and Baker. One of those (and possibly Broad) will replace McIntosh on the wing. I love Kmac, and I'm one of his biggest fans, but he's been really average by foot for a few weeks now. The way we want to play now needs rapid movement of the ball across the wings, and pinpoint delivery inside 50. Kmac pays the price.

If you look at the line up forward of defence, you can only find brilliant users. In fact, the most scrubby users are now some of our best players. Cotch, Prestia, Martin. But they're still brilliant. It says something when they're your worst.
Wth a windy outlook for Saturday, our handball carry is going to be very important.
I mentioned to a mate during last weeks game, during the rain, that we are a far more skilled side now and the finer weather probably better suits our style.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Wth a windy outlook for Saturday, our handball carry is going to be very important.
I mentioned to a mate during last weeks game, during the rain, that we are a far more skilled side now and the finer weather probably better suits our style.

i was thinking watching on Saturday, when we have the ball, and things are going our way, we are like GWS from a 2017, skilled and fast and can cut sides apart. difference is tho we will run equally hard back, and when things arent going our way we can still get dirty, and be equally effective.