Changes vs Port Power Rnd 18 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes vs Port Power Rnd 18

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
yeah, if it were me picking teams for finals I'd have Stack back and Caddy in, assuming he was in OK form. We know he can take big marks and kick those clutch goals in finals and you can't buy that experience. Out-of-form Caddy though?
was good last week in the 2s, 5 day break after Sundays ressies game might work against him for Collingscum game though

cagedtiger

Be Feared
Nov 19, 2004
Sydney
All players know that going back for a stint in the magoos is not PUNISHMENT, it's DEVELOPMENT.

Kmac is being fine tuned; he has the tank, body and hard edge needed for finals. Caddy is being fine-tuned. Baker was fine-tuned and now he's back. Balta will be fine-tuned.

We're developing a team that could spank our 2017 side. Be happy. This is exciting.

Insightful post - it would appear players are on rotation to freshen up in a lower grade for a couple of games and then rotate back in. We seemed blessed with quality options.

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
Love that Edwards has gone back and not Stack. Edward's uncanny ability to put players into space from congestion is a boon for our defence and Stack has become a real weapon up forward. He has almost become 'Taggable' because he is not afraid to ping them from anywhere.

I feel McIntosh just seems to sky it on the boot too much, hence breaking the "connection". Could this be why he was 'omitted'?

Next Week bring in Caddy for Short and Nank for Soldo and I'll be flexing like Arnie outside Gate 3!

This "Connection" mantra looks to be our driving force this year. Maybe it is blossoming already. I'm loving our quick handballs and selective delivery into the forward line of late.

The more I think about it, what a great angle to work. Everyone being linked on a metaphysical level. Its taking the whole 2017 bonding sessions to another level!

Hopefully the seeds planted back then are in full bloom come spring.

Reactions: 1 users

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
Am i reading the tea leaves correctly that we are going to play a fast transition game this week.... seems to be some speed and kicking precision across every line...

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Hardwick and the match commitee musn't "get" Richmimd if they are dropping McIntosh. Only so.much of a career you can have by guardians space.

Good changes overall IMO.

Lost their way clearly, sign of the apocalypse.

Best side of the year.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Am i reading the tea leaves correctly that we are going to play a fast transition game this week.... seems to be some speed and kicking precision across every line...
Hopefully priming ourselves for the Scum next Friday. I want revenge....and I want it NOW!!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
I always reserve the utmost respect for the Match Committee.

But Kmac out before Short?

******* dumb ***** will throw the ******* season away. do they ******* think we are playing in ******* Adelaide?

**** me

Wines a huge out for them.
Agree EZY.
Horrible decision. Macintosh out hurts us structurally. We love to close up the space for the opposition and Macintosh is the master of that.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Like the look of this side. Well structured and well balanced. In the next few weeks I'd like to see nank and pickett in for soldo and short/ellis and I think that's our best line up. Can't see how Caddy gets in. Lynch has taken his forward spot and caddy can't ruck. Chol adds more flexibility as a relief ruck and forward option.

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
Like the look of this side. Well structured and well balanced. In the next few weeks I'd like to see nank and pickett in for soldo and short/ellis and I think that's our best line up. Can't see how Caddy gets in. Lynch has taken his forward spot and caddy can't ruck. Chol adds more flexibility as a relief ruck and forward option.

Lots of crystal balling re Pickett.
Has he ever had one disposal at AFL level?
I’d like to see him play at least one game before I put him best 22

silvertiger

Tiger Rookie
Aug 28, 2014
All players know that going back for a stint in the magoos is not PUNISHMENT, it's DEVELOPMENT.

Kmac is being fine tuned; he has the tank, body and hard edge needed for finals. Caddy is being fine-tuned. Baker was fine-tuned and now he's back. Balta will be fine-tuned.

We're developing a team that could spank our 2017 side. Be happy. This is exciting.
Completely agree. We are seriously choosing the best players "playing". We are far better placed than 2017 and far more dangerous with big Lynch. Our list is the best in the AFL by a long way.

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
Happy with the outs and ins this week. Macintosh has been in terrible form the last 4-5 weeks. Needs a kick up the bum. Eggs was a no brainer. Happy with Baker and Graham inclusions. For mine Caddy needs to learn how to play the big bodied midfield role if he wants to get back in. Our forward line is set now and there is no room for him unless Jack or Lynch get injured.

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
Lots of crystal balling re Pickett.
Has he ever had one disposal at AFL level?
I’d like to see him play at least one game before I put him best 22

He will play VFL first so we will have a good look at him.

Maybe he he needs a preseason? Maybe he will kill it in the 2's for a couple of weeks?

Gawd, we would look scary good if Pickett gets an opp and impacts from the get go ala Stack like.

BOOM!

Reactions: 2 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Looks a good couple of changes. I like KMac but he does need to find some form.

A little worried about Baker in defence, is he too short? We'll see, an interesting move. Baker was playing well but got squeezed out, hope he does well.

DS

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Looks a good couple of changes. I like KMac but he does need to find some form.

A little worried about Baker in defence, is he too short? We'll see, an interesting move. Baker was playing well but got squeezed out, hope he does well.

DS
Bakes is a footy player you can trust. Tough, good overhead, smart, hard at the contest. Back forward whatevs.

Reactions: 5 users