Changes vs Swans | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes vs Swans

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Graham is a definite out. Who knows what the MRP come up with for Lynch. More than likely they will nail him.

So I am going with:

Out: Graham Lynch
In: Cotchin Riewoldt

Reactions: 1 user

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Graham is a definite out. Who knows what the MRP come up with for Lynch. More than likely they will nail him.

So I am going with:

Out: Graham Lynch
In: Cotchin Riewoldt
No way Lynch goes despite the ynch mob.

From the 23 I'm tipping Ryan and Graham for Reiwoldt and Ross with Ross as the sub.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
In Cotchin Miller
Out Graham Ryan
B Young Balta Grimes
HB Baker Vlastuin Rioli
C McIntosh Hopper Pickett
HF Cumberland Miller Bolton
F Martin Lynch Sonsie
R Nankervis Taranto Prestia
I/C Clarke Cotchin Mansell Ralphsmith
Sub Bauer

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
As soon as Soldo is fit, I’d rest Nankervis. Long term, we’ll have to address rucks - game has changed and the best rucks are now more athletic & skilled.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Y’all (except tigers2011) are missing the elephant in the room.

Nankervis isn’t equipped to generate clearances, only nullify them.

In 2023 you MUST be able to generate territory from clearance or you allow the oppo to press hard with confidence.

We are being exploited in the middle at every opportunity and are very easy to play against at the moment. Yes, we still scrap and hustle, but we cannot compete with the meta.

Nankervis must be “managed”. He must develop a niggle for at least a month. Miller takes his place and Ryan stays. Pickett pinch hits. We need mobility and unpredictability now.

In addressing our chronic needs:

IN: Miller, MRJ
OUT: Nankervis (managed), Graham

Rotate Cumbo, Bolton, Clarke, MRJ and Martin through that centre set up for unpredictability. Use Hopper in that defensive role Graham plays.

The selection committee won’t blink if last week is any indication. Interesting times.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

bricci

Tiger Rookie
May 7, 2004
Y’all (except tigers2011) are missing the elephant in the room.

Nankervis isn’t equipped to generate clearances, only nullify them.

In 2023 you MUST be able to generate territory from clearance or you allow the oppo to press hard with confidence.

We are being exploited in the middle at every opportunity and are very easy to play against at the moment. Yes, we still scrap and hustle, but we cannot compete with the meta.

Nankervis must be “managed”. He must develop a niggle for at least a month. Miller takes his place and Ryan stays. Pickett pinch hits. We need mobility and unpredictability now.

In addressing our chronic needs:

IN: Miller, MRJ
OUT: Nankervis (managed), Graham

Rotate Cumbo, Bolton, Clarke, MRJ and Martin through that centre set up for unpredictability. Use Hopper in that defensive role Graham plays.

The selection committee won’t blink if last week is any indication. Interesting times.
I made the same point about Nank in yesterday's game thread. His method of crossing the line early and competing with the oppo ruck by putting body on him is understandable (as he is under sized) but it also makes it harder for him to direct taps. Bont seemed to be the only mid to arrive at the right place at the right time. So I think the issue is twofold. Nank not being able to direct taps (even against fill in ruck against the Pies) and our mids not getting to the right spots. Bont alone beat all our guys combined on centre clearances. Nank is better on boundary throw ins. The problem is we don't have an obvious option at the moment outside of the injured Soldo.

bricci

Tiger Rookie
May 7, 2004
I suspect that Lynch will be an out as he was definitely hampered yesterday after he returned from going down in the rooms. It may have been a corkie but if not he will miss a couple. Graham will miss 3 you would think.

I think it will be ... (Ross or MRJ the sub)
Ins: Riewoldt, Cotchin
Outs: Graham, Lynch

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
Shame Mark Lee,or Michael Green are not available.

Reactions: 2 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Doesn’t matter who we select we win.

FitenFitenWin

Listen to the thunder RFC
Jul 30, 2009
Brisbane
Do we take a chance on Bauer this week? Both McCartin boys out. Back in SA - isn’t that where we recruited him from?

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Do we take a chance on Bauer this week? Both McCartin boys out. Back in SA - isn’t that where we recruited him from?
One of my takeouts from yesterday after watching the second half of the VFL is that Bauer is a player.

Horrendous conditions at Punt Road and he looked assured and skilled. Body has really developed in 12 months with us & he’s ready for AFL. He & Miller both looked level above.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users