China | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

China

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
What comes after late stage Captialism Karl? Also just for your own benefit, capitalism is the private ownership of the means of production. It is not the Chinese government doing economic deals in exchange for sovereignty.
"It is not the Chinese government doing economic deals in exchange for sovereignty."
What is BRI except an economic deal in exchange for sovereignty?

Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
  • Angry
Reactions: 5 users

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
i saw that article. it would be interesting to know how accurate it is.
Current Affair did a story on it. Not able to use the airport and the port has basically made it impossible expect if you are very stubborn.

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
Current Affair did a story on it. Not able to use the airport and the port has basically made it impossible expect if you are very stubborn.
ABC has also run with it. Apparently there's some unauthorised construction going on now. New unpermitted boat ramp built, shoreline excavated, turtle nesting areas disturbed.
QLD Govt and local council playing pass the parcel.

Last edited:
  • Angry

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
And you'll probably find that the Chinese owners received Australian Residency under our ludicrous Significant Investor Visa.

Throw money at us and we'll give you Residency :mad:
Almost 100% guaranteed.

Reactions: 1 users

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
Don't rely on support from allies:

Canada is looking to ramp up iron ore exports to replace ours as China reduces supply from us.
The US has already stepped in on barley.
NZ and the US are stepping in on wine and seafood.
Verbal support from pollies in the US and NZ is just that - words that are not matched by their actions.

• Sad

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
So China simply deleted ScoMo's little fireside chat with the Chinese people.
At least they didn't nuke us.
He really does need to keep quiet.
Morrison is a *smile* and that's being derogatory to the wit. The longer he's in charge the more fun China will have.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I wish Morrison would take China's money, and shut the **** up!!!!

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
And you'll probably find that the Chinese owners received Australian Residency under our ludicrous Significant Investor Visa.

Throw money at us and we'll give you Residency :mad:
Buy a Thirsty Camel or Bottle O franchise ... No need to make a profit three years watching chinese soaps on the iPad , Put your kid behind the counter after school hours, sell franchise to next candidate.

Reactions: 2 users

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Sympathise with Scomo. When you stand up to a bully, a much bigger bully, its pretty difficult to chose where to aim.

Reactions: 3 users

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
Morrison is a *smile* and that's being derogatory to the wit. The longer he's in charge the more fun China will have.
The big problem Australia faces right now is that there is no effective opposition at state or federal level.
Look at the alternatives at state level in WA, QLD, Vic, NT - absolutely hopeless and Albo's mob are equally dysfunctional.
So the alternative either doesn't exist or it would probably be worse.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Sympathise with Scomo. When you stand up to a bully, a much bigger bully, its pretty difficult to chose where to aim.
Yeah pretty amazed that people expect we should just bend over and take whatever China wants to shove up our arse. The CCP are a bunch of bullying *smile* and someone needs to stand up to them. It’d be nice if the rest of the world got a sack and stood up as well. Not defending Scomo necessarily but more so the right for countries to defend their sovereign interests. The CCP only acts in the interest of the CCP; not even in the interests of the Chinese people. They are as corrupt as any government in world history. Plus they run over their own people with tanks.

Yet people have a crack at Australia for defending our sovereignty? Very strange.

Reactions: 5 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003

Some good reader comments.
The line in the article that states that respect for China does not mean mutuality or reciprocity of respect, it just means do as we say and capitulate. That in itself shows CCP attitude to the rest of the world.

So we just cop that do we? I say *smile* you CCP.

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
The line in the article that states that respect for China does not mean mutuality or reciprocity of respect, it just means do as we say and capitulate. That in itself shows CCP attitude to the rest of the world.

So we just cop that do we? I say *smile* you CCP.
The CCP is behaving like a petulant teenager and you never win an argument with one of those by responding in a like manner.
ScoMo also called a press conference less than an hour after the image appearing on Twitter. Apart from it being sensible to basically ignore anything posted on Twitter it doesn't appear that he took the time to consult with others about what would be an appropriate response.
We can stand up for our sovereignty without getting into a shouting match.

Nico

You psychopathological reactionary!
Jul 1, 2004
Melbourne
The CCP is behaving like a petulant teenager and you never win an argument with one of those by responding in a like manner.
ScoMo also called a press conference less than an hour after the image appearing on Twitter. Apart from it being sensible to basically ignore anything posted on Twitter it doesn't appear that he took the time to consult with others about what would be an appropriate response.
We can stand up for our sovereignty without getting into a shouting match.
It was an official CCP Twitter account. If it was say the mainstream media that would make it different?

The image was disgusting, a soldier slitting the throat of a infant FFS. He had to respond immediately, and he did.

Fortunately my son has never been bullied at school, but if he was I'd initially tell him to ignore him, turn the other cheek hoping he would go away. If the bullying showed no sign of abating of course I would speak with the school, but if that didn't work, I'd tell him to punch the bully in the nose as hard as he could even though the bully would retaliate. He wouldn't be picking on my son anymore because he stood up to the bully. The bully will move onto some other poor soul.

We have turned the other cheek for far too long, time to punch the bully in the nose.