Chris Judd | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Chris Judd

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
Harry said:
I'm also of the opinion that we shouldn't trade Coughlan IF he is committed to us for the long term.

Hawthorn and St.Kilda are bashing their heads against a wall for not selecting him ahead of Hodge and Ball.

On COGS I think he is comitted to the Tigers long term.

As for St Kilda and Hawthorn - I agree with you there. They (Ball & Hodge) seem to have been very injury prone.

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
Koalalill said:
What about Newman? I wouldn't trade him myself but what if the Weagles said we'll take your first pick and that kid Newman? Do we take that deal and lose a top up and coming player for another young gun. The answer to that would be a resounding NO I would have thought.

As president ofthe Chris Newman fan club the answer is a resounding NO ;D.

Seriously we should be on the path of replacing, in the words of diggler, our dud players, not those who belong at this level and have skill and class like a Newman. Our backline is settled and a strength. We shouldn't jeopardize that. We need to strengthen our side not just replace peter with paul or fix one area at the expense of another.

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
Harry said:
Koalalill said:
Rodan wouldn't and shouldn't be traded. He has future leader stamped all over him IMO. Krakouer - again I'd be surprised if he was offered as trade bait - he is very happy here and the Club has invested alot of time in him.

What about Newman? I wouldn't trade him myself but what if the Weagles said we'll take your first pick and that kid Newman? Do we take that deal and lose a top up and coming player for another young gun. The answer to that would be a resounding NO I would have thought.

However if the eagles wanted one of Rodan, Krakour, or Newman then I would say definately YES.
of the 3 i would say rodan.nothing against him but i believe what we see of rodan today will be the same for the rest of his career.krak and newman both have plenty of improvement in them.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
johnson2richo2003 said:
nothing against him but i believe what we see of rodan today will be the same for the rest of his career.

Interesting j2r. I'd think Rodan has a ton of improvement in him.

He's really a baby in terms of experience. I'd hope he will develop a better feel for the game with time. To keep his refreshing exuberance, but to know when to turn it on and when he'll be caught out.

With time he should get to read the play better and develop his instincts more.

I hope he'll build his fitness base as he matures so he can run all day.

I don't think he's ready for a lot of time in the midfield yet, but look forward to the time when he is.

He has that very rare ability to both inspire a team and the crowd.

I reckon Rodo has special qualities you just can't buy and I'd hate to see him go.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
johnson2richo2003 said:
of the 3 i would say rodan.nothing against him but i believe what we see of rodan today will be the same for the rest of his career.krak and newman both have plenty of improvement in them.

Somehow I tend to agree with you J2R. Its his reading of the game that concerns me.

P

PuntRoadRoar

forget judd guys

1. we cant afford him
2. we have to lose our top pick and one of our great players. Eg Ottens, coughlan.
3. we need our picks to pick up guys to get rid of the likes of fiora,king etc.......
4. we wont be in a position to deal for him anyway with certain vic teams at the bottom of the ladder atm.

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
On Rodan,

He was never a prolific ball winner in the TAC Cup, just did a lot with it when he got it.

I would also hate to lose him as his clearly has ability, the right attitude, good application and the tiger faithful love him.

With our structure getting back to normal, it will give David a chance to show us how good he is

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
I like rodan too and since he isstill young and learning i would like to persist wiht him.

Judd is out of the question, we would have to give up too much fo him, let some other club do it. Our first draft pick should with the new emphasis on recruiting come up with something valuable anyway.

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
rosy3 said:
johnson2richo2003 said:
nothing against him but i believe what we see of rodan today will be the same for the rest of his career.

Interesting j2r. I'd think Rodan has a ton of improvement in him.

He's really a baby in terms of experience. I'd hope he will develop a better feel for the game with time. To keep his refreshing exuberance, but to know when to turn it on and when he'll be caught out.

With time he should get to read the play better and develop his instincts more.

I hope he'll build his fitness base as he matures so he can run all day.

I don't think he's ready for a lot of time in the midfield yet, but look forward to the time when he is.

He has that very rare ability to both inspire a team and the crowd.

I reckon Rodo has special qualities you just can't buy and I'd hate to see him go.
id hate to see him go as well.i very much doubt we would anyway as i believe we have nothing to offer west coast.its a pity that brisbane didnt stay pigheaded last yr and didnt trade headland to the shockers.if we picked up headland in the pre-season draft we would be in the front line for a headland-judd swap.
the only deal i can see west coast going for would probally involve someone like *smile* as someone popinted it out in another post the eagles would be looking for a replacement for jaokovich and mcintosh and *smile* would fit the bill perfectly.
hmmmmmmmmm *smile* for judd? food for thought ;D

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
IMO forget Judd he will be too expensive etc...
but like someone said earlier get Guerra ;) much cheaper
Also see what else is around, and then go for big kids for key positions to groom them for the future, as retirements in a few years involves planning now.

COGS STAYS!!

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Forget Guerra - we don't need other clubs rejects. If we don't trade for guns such as Judd then we should look to recruiting youth and developing our next champions. If Guerra is such a good player he would be in Ports side considering Port have had so many injuries to their midfield players. We don't need any more fringe players.