Christianity | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Christianity

cassady said:
higher powers has requested that l leave u alone man.

So it's true then
Cass, can you get be in touch and find out this weeks tattslotto numbers

mikey, it is harder for a rich man to get into heaven than it is for a camel to pass thru the eye of a needle.

repent man!

cassady said:
mikey, it is harder for a rich man to get into heaven than it is for a camel to pass thru the eye of a needle.

repent man!

Heaven is of no interest, live in the present.
A tatts win would make the present a much nicer place

What does a camel pass throgh the eye of a needle?

cassady said:
higher powers has requested that l leave u alone man.

You don't have to leave me alone just be sensible with your questioning. I'm sure you are capable of that.

cassady said:

repent man!

Interesting quote Casser-Daley. What that quote refers to is that you can't take your riches to heaven so what's the point in storing them up just to lose them when you die? As you know it is impossible for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle and so it is impossible for a man who's primary focus in life is money and material things to get into heaven.

Wow, I haven't been around for a day or so, then I come back and find a seperate thread that has grown to 9 pages!

It's been interesting reading everyones views, and jayfox's replies to a number of them. Great to see such vigorous debate. :angel:

Check this out -

http://pandagon.net/2006/01/24/the-prada-popes-pontificating-has-a-price-tag/

obviously the weekly collections on the plate must be declining.

poppa x said:
Check this out -

http://pandagon.net/2006/01/24/the-prada-popes-pontificating-has-a-price-tag/

obviously the weekly collections on the plate must be declining.

Interesting story and quite disappointing if true. I haven't seen it on any mainstream media sites though. Whilst I don't think that this is a good story for Christianity in general, I am a protestant and therefore respect the pope but don't recognise him necessarily as the head of the church. What it probably does show is that even the Pope is human and therefore makes mistakes and errors in judgement.

I think Karma is a crock. But I also wish to emphasise I beleive in compassion and being a good person, but I don't beleive in karma. In my life I've seen so many arseholes who have stepped on and shafted others and they get what they want and live a life of contented oblivion, on the other hand I've known some lovely people who have never got a break, and/or have had a rotten hand dealt to them.

Another logistical fault of reincarnation is: why is it that whenever you talk to someone who beleives in reincarnation, they always had interesting former lives. Seems like everyone was Cleopatra. I've never spoken to anyone said "I cleaned the septic tanks in Newcastle upon Tyne in 1796".

Nobody has mentioned the scientology yet.  Mate, if that 'religion' didn't have so many rich and famous members, it would be a laughing stock, dismissed out of hand as a kooky, self-obsessed cult.Apparantly they've just spent hundreds of millions putting the entire writings of L Ron Hubbard (who for those of you who don't know was a bad pulp science fiction writer and self-styled philosopher), on granite blocks, then encasing them in stainless steel, then storing them in a desert bunker, so that when the alien creators return they'll have some reading matter.  You'd reckon they could think of a better way to spend the dough, what with all the hunger and poverty and all.

Alien creators? True dinks?
Don't tell Tony Abbott ::), or Brendon (Because I Went to School I'm an Expert on Education) Nelson!

Yep Andy, that scientology is some crazy stuff, but good looking rich celebrities follow it so it must be OK, right?

Remeber how Tom Cruise went on that anti-psychology crusade? Apparently he reckons that a discipline based on systematic research is mumbo jumbo, because L Ron Hubbard told him so. But he's such a good looking bloke, and he's been in all those films and that.

Tom lost a lot of female friends when he had a go at Brooke Shields for taking prescribed drugs to help her get over a really cruel bout of post natal depression.

Think I'll stick to Middle Earth. ;)

tigersnake said:
Nobody has mentioned the scientology yet.  Mate, if that 'religion' didn't have so many rich and famous members, it would be a laughing stock, dismissed out of hand as a kooky, self-obsessed cult.Apparantly they've just spent hundreds of millions putting the entire writings of L Ron Hubbard (who for those of you who don't know was a bad pulp science fiction writer and self-styled philosopher), on granite blocks, then encasing them in stainless steel, then storing them in a desert bunker, so that when the alien creators return they'll have some reading matter.  You'd reckon they could think of a better way to spend the dough, what with all the hunger and poverty and all.

Didn't evo give us the website:

http://www.venganza.org/

That's Scientology (or the same anyway) isn't it?

I reckon the spagetti monster religion has a far more coherent philosophy jb. fair dinkum.

jb03 said:
tigersnake said:

Didn't evo give us the website:

http://www.venganza.org/

That's Scientology (or the same anyway) isn't it?
No mate.

Scientology was set up initially by a science fiction writer as a type of intellectual self dare experiment to see if was possible to create a religion out of thin air.Ron Hubbard must still be laughing his rrrrs off.

That Spaghetti Monster site was a satirical attempt by a physist to ridicule the serious push by the American religious right to introduce intelligent design theory(the book of Genesis is factual) into high school science classes.