Clarko Gone !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Clarko Gone !!

So much for being the ‘family club’. What a way to treat a 4 time premiership coach.
I don't doubt Clarko was aware of what would happen. There was no chance of him being at the Hawks next year once they made the announcement. Especially given the coaching opportunities elsewhere. Dunstall summed it up on 360 a few weeks ago when he said Clarko was still keen to be a senior coach and clubs looking for a coach would be mad not to pursue him. And it gave Clarko the perfect opportunity to seek other gigs.
No surprise this has happened.

Be like any settlement, negotiated between the two parties. If he leaves for a coaching job then he needs Hawthorn to agree to release him so it becomes a mutual back scratch.
Yeh and it was always going to happen with the opportunities elsewhere. It suits the Hawks and suits Clarko. And they'll negotiate something, doubt he will get paid much as I'd imagine he already has another gig 90% locked in.

Yep, plenty of apologies due to Caro unfortunately.
What apologies are due? She didn't break anything. She's a gossip columnist best suited to a News of The World or TV Week style stuff.

Reactions: 6 users
We could get double value here. Borethorn in total disarray and dont Wright and Clarko have a bit of history with one another ? If he lands there, could Bumwood also eat itself more than it already is !?

Oh the wonderful possibilities !!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
I believe Clarkson has had an understanding with Collingwood since before Buckley finished so I'm surprised more people in the media haven't entertained the idea.
It's an interesting development that's for sure. I read somewhere yesterday (can't recall where) that Collingwood were told in unequivocal terms that they were no hope of getting Clarko and to move on to other potential coaches. That would now appear to be as far from the case as you can get.

But where does Carlton sit in all this? They have form for sacking a contracted coach to chase a messiah.

I’d like to see him land at the Beyond Blues. I’d like to see them in with a chance of winning The Trifecta of Tragedy: Pagan, Malthouse, Clarko.

You can do it Beyond Blues !

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
It's funny a club fks off a 4 time premiership gun coach but clubs like Port and Geelong hold onto duds for so long.
What happens when Geelong bow again?

wonder if 360 will give Clarko the same send off as Buckley?
Buckley was a better coach but Clarko did manage to win a four premierships due to luck.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
wonder if 360 will give Clarko the same send off as Buckley?
Buckley was a better coach but Clarko did manage to win a four premierships due to luck.
No way
Buckley is Zero winning premiership coach.
360 will be 60 minutes of non stop hawthorn bagging

Thats actually $1.20 in my ash tray my Dear Zips. ;)
Maybe Clarkson got the pot of gold he really was aiming for.
1.2 mill in the pocket 12 months at home with the family after 18 years 8d senior coaching.
That's not a bad outcome

Reactions: 1 users
How does the payout affect Hawthorn's soft cap??

Surely it is a big hit?

Or the AFL will come out with another rule just for sack 20 year coaches

Reactions: 1 users