Clarko Gone !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Clarko Gone !!

wonder if 360 will give Clarko the same send off as Buckley?
Buckley was a better coach but Clarko did manage to win a four premierships due to luck.
What about the herald sun? Deserves 14 page lift-out and glossy mag easily.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
WTF are Horforn doing? Maybe this is linked to Cartoon which will make those two playing each other even more interesting from next season.

Difference between Clarko and Figgy is Clarko will coach again

Reactions: 1 users
We are yet to see what Mitchell can do. Maybe the Hawks will be proven that this was a masterstroke.

Reactions: 1 user
Clarko to Collingwood will be a 5 year rebuild.
They have massive salary cap issues still.
We should be looking at picking up a good player or 2.
Carko to Carlton would be a quicker build.
Imagine getting a 1.2mil payout then getting 1.4mil x 5 years at the Pies and not expected to contend for 4 to 5 years.

Lessons that are now beyond dispute. Succession plans didn't work. Ever.

And Clarko was the architect of the Hawks demise. His last five years of the list build have been utterly awful. He built them to a powerhouse but he also tore them down. And gets very little heat in the media. And this talk of him being the a great game day coach means he has "masterfully" coached this list to second last or possible last, which means the Hawks are in 10 times more trouble than they comprehend or he built the list horribly wrong. You can't be both.

Clarko to Collingwood or Carlton has huge Tom Hafey/Mick Malthouse energy. I think I've said this on here before but Hawthorn the last five years is being late like early 2000's Richmond. Leaking like a sieve, over paid stars that are a bad fit and infighting.

Don't let anyone talk about the great club is Hawthorn is. Richmond are the benchmarks for club culture and unity. And have been since 2016.

Reactions: 11 users
The lack of respect for a 4 time premiership coach here is laughable

Reactions: 1 users
Clarko to Collingwood or Carlton has huge Tom Hafey/Mick Malthouse energy. I think I've said this on here before but Hawthorn the last five years is being late like early 2000's Richmond. Leaking like a sieve, over paid stars that are a bad fit and infighting.
Clarkson to the Blues would get them going in the right direction.

Hopefully they keep Teague.

If Alistair goes to the Maggots thats the Pre Season Story that will fill pages all summer long and allow the RFC to quietly go about their business winding up for another shot at the title without the focus pressure or fuss.

Clarko as GM of Football Operations for a couple of season would be entertaining.

Its got a lot of Figgy for Mickey Mouse foreboding and failure about it.

It might work I guess only time will tell.