Clarko Gone !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Clarko Gone !!

I reckon Cartoon are the team as they'll decide on Teague by Monday and maybe offer Clarko the job.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
I think he will be at Colonwood next year. Probably already arranged before they sacked Buckley. My opinion only.

Reactions: 1 users
Can't see him having a year off at this stage of his career. He needs a team that is contending, or not far off.
Yep. No team seems due for a new coach in 2023 anyway. Dew and Ratten maybe.....Simmo and Hinkley interstate, I doubt they'll get sacked.

What apologies are due? She didn't break anything. She's a gossip columnist best suited to a News of The World or TV Week style stuff.
But she does have inside information.
Everyone was saying liar,made it up,we are finishing our contracts.
She answers nope,doubt clarko will be there next year .
She was right and any fool that doubts that a 30 year afl journalist hasn't made many many contacts is niave.

Reactions: 5 users
If Clarkson does get contracted Hawks only have to pay any salary difference, so it's insurance for Clarkson more than anything.

Of course if he wants to screw them he can negotiate a backend loaded salary.

the bookies have Clarko at 4-10 for the Pies job.

Scott next best at 6-1.

I'd say its a done deal.

Law of averages says Caro has to jag one correct story every now and then.
She's a good journalist. Much like Mike Sheehan was. Hate what they write, but they are usually on the money.
Said it before and I'll say it again, she's unfairly maligned.

Reactions: 5 users
How does the payout affect Hawthorn's soft cap??

Surely it is a big hit?

Or the AFL will come out with another rule just for sack 20 year coaches
It was only little Tommy Browne Nose on 7 news, but he was inferring it was a $900,000 payout to be spread over two years somehow. If that's the case and with Mitchell being a training wheels coach, ie perhaps starting around $500,000 per year for him n $450,000 per year for Clarko's payout. That'd actually be less than Clarko's usual coaching fee n would even give them wriggle room under the soft cap for another assistant coach.

last game v Richmond by the sound of it . grrr, why not leave now !!!
One last favor to hardwick, after all, he took vickory off our hands and given paid him extra so we got the 2nd round draft pick.
Get us into finals, come help dimma at the tigers the next year ;)
Pipe dream, but hey dreams are free

Reactions: 1 user
But she does have inside information.
Everyone was saying liar,made it up,we are finishing our contracts.
She answers nope,doubt clarko will be there next year .
She was right and any fool that doubts that a 30 year afl journalist hasn't made many many contacts is niave.
How many people seriously thought he would coach at the Hawks next year? She wrote nothing 80% of the footy world suspected. Except she makes assumptions and purports to have inside knowledge. And now people say she was "right"? So was I. So were plenty of others.

Doubt clarko will be there next year is a scoop?

Reactions: 3 users
How many people seriously thought he would coach at the Hawks next year? She wrote nothing 80% of the footy world suspected. Except she makes assumptions and purports to have inside knowledge. And now people say she was "right"? So was I. So were plenty of others.

Doubt clarko will be there next year is a scoop?
She said it before others. She said it with a high degree of accuracy. Go back and listen again.

There were articles written about her being wrong. I didn't see you quoting those articles saying how she was right.

She was clear, her sources were telling her this was going on. Quite specific info.

Read her article from tonight. She's. Got lots of detail.

Reactions: 2 users
colonwood.
prehaps.
why wouldn’t you want to have sunshine on your back every morning.
perhaps Robbie is right.

you can imagine the dripping saliva going on at the moment at a few clubs ...

but he'll take a rest ... he needs one.