classy, skilled, small, FAST draft prospects | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

classy, skilled, small, FAST draft prospects

As this thread is about fast draft prospects, I am not sure why we are discussing Weller. Since we are, my two cents is we can do better with our first pick.

spook said:
As this thread is about fast draft prospects, I am not sure why we are discussing Weller. Since we are, my two cents is we can do better with our first pick.

I agree spook but Weller is a prototypical Frank pick. I raised his name for I fear we will take him.

SCOOP said:
I agree spook but Weller is a prototypical Frank pick. I raised his name for I fear we will take him.
He's a bit small for Frank maybe?

My preferences for our pick are Lever, Laverde, Pickett or Ahern. Of those, perhaps Ahern is the only genuine mid at this stage, although I think they all can potentially make the move.

I also like Duggan, De Goey and a few others ahead of Weller.

spook said:

i thought the same

spook said:
He's a bit small for Frank maybe?

My preferences for our pick are Lever, Laverde, Pickett or Ahern. Of those, perhaps Ahern is the only genuine mid at this stage, although I think they all can potentially make the move.

I also like Duggan, De Goey and a few others ahead of Weller.

Yeah I don't disagree with any of that but Frank loves "his" type. Let's hope he breaks the mould and does take a classy, skilled, fast type.

I wonder if we would be brave enough to go Pickett, Garlett & Miller. That would change the list composition.

Not sure about Miller, haven't seen enough of him. I really like Aidan Anderson of WA, reminds me a bit of Robbie Gray. What do you reckon?

spook said:
Not sure about Miller, haven't seen enough of him. I really like Aidan Anderson
Sheesh, for a minute there I thought you said you liked Adrian Anderson. Was going to ask for a :ban

ToraToraTora said:
Caleb Daniel gotta be tempting for us. Pure rover. Quick, desperate, loves a goal, superior decision making. Sub 170cm. Lewis Taylor 2 all over this bloke.
Just checked his highlights. Jebus. That's the most impressive reel I reckon I've ever seen, and it's only over two games. His kick reminds me of Darren Jarmen and the half volley one-handed pickup straight into a handball was off the charts. Classy, skilled, small, fast - four big ticks. Tiny, but.

TJsFurrow said:
Just checked his highlights. Jebus. That's the most impressive reel I reckon I've ever seen, and it's only over two games. His kick reminds me of Darren Jarmen and the half volley one-handed pickup straight into a handball was off the charts. Classy, skilled, small, fast - four big ticks. Tiny, but.

Aah, another convert. Welcome TJ. Enjoy the refreshments.

Paige Cardona has us taking Paul Ahern (with Weller still on the table) with our first and Connor Blakely with our second.

I'd be happy with Ahern but prefer Weller. Blakely and Weller would be two awesome gets IMO

Stylo said:
Paige Cardona has us taking Paul Ahern (with Weller still on the table) with our first and Connor Blakely with our second.

I'd be happy with Ahern but prefer Weller. Blakely and Weller would be two awesome gets IMO

Ahern has pace & smarts, we sorely lack this at the moment. I for one would not be disappointed with Ahern, if nothing else he could fulfill the small forward role.

Who would be ready to go from round 1?
IMO i think we will be trading our first round pick or at least will be on the trade table.

Smoking Aces said:
Who would be ready to go from round 1?
IMO i think we will be trading our first round pick or at least will be on the trade table.

Ahern is pretty light so may not play a full season, but that shouldn't deter. Weller looks like a ready-made, should play a full season in a weaker side one would think. I still want Pickett though, x-factor personified, reckon he's the missing link.

bullus_hit said:
Ahern is pretty light so may not play a full season, but that shouldn't deter. Weller looks like a ready-made, should play a full season in a weaker side one would think. I still want Pickett though, x-factor personified, reckon he's the missing link.
I agree about Pickett. He is exactly what we need. However he is not the Francis Jackson prototype.

Smoking Aces said:
I agree about Pickett. He is exactly what we need. However he is not the Francis Jackson prototype.

He's not but when a bloke can run a 2.8 20 metre sprint one has to take notice. His transition to senior football didn't ruffle his feathers either. Realistically I don't think we'll get a look in but one can always hope.

bullus_hit said:
He's not but when a bloke can run a 2.8 20 metre sprint one has to take notice. His transition to senior football didn't ruffle his feathers either. Realistically I don't think we'll get a look in but one can always hope.

What are Pickett's foot skills like bs?