classy, skilled, small, FAST draft prospects | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

classy, skilled, small, FAST draft prospects

bengal-tiger said:
Liam Duggan ,if he's still there,will be a tiger.
I would think Paul Ahern would be just ahead of Duggan ,so if Ahern is still available it would be him.

Duggan has lot's of upside ,great user by foot .

I'd like to see how he tests at the combine for pace and endurance. Ahern could slide.

Gus said:
I struggle with what position Pickett can play in the senior level. I think we could do better than Pickett but he is a very good player.

Cheers mate, appreciate the input.

Gus said:
I'd like to see how he tests at the combine for pace and endurance. Ahern could slide.

I have already seen him play many times,and don't need the combine to tell me .
The combine is a great tool for senior coaches to meet player's ,most clubs already know who they would like,,the combine might help with some later picks.

bengal-tiger said:
I have already seen him play many times,and don't need the combine to tell me .
The combine is a great tool for senior coaches to meet player's ,most clubs already know who they would like,,the combine might help with some later picks.

The problem with the TAC this year is we don 't really know the running capacity of the forwards due to some of the rule changes. I think this year more than most the combine will play a bigger part in assessing a players suitability. Sure clubs know who they like but with an IC cap likely to be introduced can you ignore someone with a poor beep test?

Ahern has played midfield this year in many games ,and has ran them out well.
Players like cavka and wilkinson ,have excellent endurance ,but doesn't make them better player's,sure they could be good afl types,but player's like Ahern and duggan ,could be really good...

What round do our draft guru's think Caleb Daniel will go in ? Equal second highest of all time in the beep test at the combine .I know he's small but the kid is a natural footballer .

69 vintage said:
What round do our draft guru's think Caleb Daniel will go in ? Equal second highest of all time in the beep test at the combine .I know he's small but the kid is a natural footballer .

Due to his height I would say 3rd rounder at best.

Definitely worth a look in, he is a very good and fit footballer.

Gus said:
As I have already stated my top 10 isn't about which players will go to which clubs

Hey Gus,

Have your thoughts on the top 10 players changed at all now the combine is done and dusted?

SkillzThatKillz said:
Hey Gus,

Have your thoughts on the top 10 players changed at all now the combine is done and dusted?

The combine results might have settled some of the later selections. My top 10 has changed a bit but probably not because of the combine results.

Gus said:
The combine results might have settled some of the later selections. My top 10 has changed a bit but probably not because of the combine results.

Fair enough.

Gus said:

Gussy, who lifted their ranking the most if you factor in interviews & general behaviour at the combine? I know Last year Luke Dunstan was so impressive & mature that he lifted his standing.

SCOOP said:
Gussy, who lifted their ranking the most if you factor in interviews & general behaviour at the combine? I know Last year Luke Dunstan was so impressive & mature that he lifted his standing.

I think some of the academy boys probably had clubs having a rethink if they were attending to bid or not. Swans and Brisbane should do very well.

If we want cockatoo we need to use 11 on him he will not last. He's been on everyone's radar cause of AIS.