Clinton King | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Clinton King

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
Geez Dig you're stretching the six degrees of separation with your source of that info but it sounds logical. Why drop them if we've got no one thats ready to replace them although Hilton really needs a hot cuppa and a good lie down! ;D

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
diggler said:
My mate is close friends with someone on match committee and Fiora, Cameron, Hilton, Pettifer and Rodgers are skating on very thin ice.

I agree that these guys have been a bit of joke of late, but Cameron mystifies me. I don't think he is lazy and yet he was nowhere last Sat night. He is too good IMO to just shell to the 2's. He CAN kick goals and his disposal has always been good. Something else is perhaps wrong there. Maybe he doesn't fit into Frawley's plans or style of play. I don't know but I believe he can still be a fringe match winner for us.

Fiora I'm disappointed. Did anyone see him try and play leap frog on that 19 year old Lewis Roberts-Thomson in the last 1/4. The young kid just bummed him out of the way until he worked his way into a goal kicking position and then drilled it. Fiora was just too weak in that instance. God that kid's only played 40 games in total of Aussie Rules. Fiora needs to add some more toughness and just knock someone like that kid off the ball.

C'mooooon..... as little Lleyton would say

Dean3

Older than I've ever been
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
We're getting absolutely nothing out of some of these guys — I really can't see the reasoning that there is no-one to bring up from Coburg. I wouldn't hesitate to drop 3 or 4 blokes and put in Hyde, McGrath, *smile* et al, even just for one week to give blokes like Hilton, Cameron etc a kick up the backside. What have we got to lose? Very little IMO, and there could be a lot to gain. We also need to ook at turning over some of the older guys after Subiaco games - bring in some young fresh legs and set them the challenge. Might be one way of overcoming "the curse".

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
diggler said:
My mate is close friends with someone on match committee and Fiora, Cameron, Hilton, Pettifer and Rodgers are skating on very thin ice. However, the problem is the options at Coburg are just not nearly good enough to replace them. Period.

IMO this is not a valid reason to reward poor performers with regular games. It appears that Coburg are a bunch of duds and it is very hard for a young player to impress in a side wiuthout the adequate support. Put Rogers or Fiora in Coburg and they would struggle to impress. Rogers showed that last year when he was dropped. As long as there is no cut throat environment where the players are petrified of losing their spot after one mediocre game then expect efforts like Fiora's, Hilton's and others to be commonplace. The players need to be put on notice because we have got good contributors ATM but we need 22 of them - no passangers.

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
Harry, IMO I don't believe wholesale changes are required at the moment. I think replace the duds one at a time. Here's and Idea taken from an old mafia trick, bring the 3 duds into the committee room, say they're all on notice, sack one of them and see how the other two react in the next game. I would start with Hilton as his form and attitude really stinks ATM. 8)

On another note, I wasn't going to say anything but it's starting to get to me. There is no "e" in Fonz unless you want to call him Fonzie. Sorry, I was a big fan of the show and I can imagine how the Fonz would react if someone spelt his name wrong. ;D

P

PuntRoadRoar

why is everyone panicking when we have won 6 games and lost 4 ????????

considering we play most of those teams again in the second half of the year, the only game we may not win is freo at freo.

I think we can beat Collingwood in our return match, so there is 11 wins.

Yes we do have some tough road trips comming up but its not the end of the world, if we can do what we did in our first 7 games and hopefully win one game against the kangaroos, blues or the cats that will get us 12 wins by my count.

no need to implode just yet, yes 2 losses in a row sucks but again things could be worse eg. Western Bulldogs & Hawthorn.

Go tiges !!!

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Spoke to the Fonze and he prefers it with an "e". He says it appears more Italian this way. ;D

Don't you ever dis-respect the Fonzes wishes eh. 8)