Clubs delistings | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Clubs delistings

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
just saw Murdoch played over 100 games. Amazing. I would have thought 50 max, which would have been 20 too many. That is Richmond of the 90s-esque

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Interesting that the club hasn't announced whether Towner's re-signed yet.
In fact we've been very slow to update on our list.
Maybe we're waiting to see what falls out of the tree before announcing our own situation? That's the smart play.
Townsend in particular intrigues me. Perhaps he's weighing up all club offers (or life after footy) before he accepts our one year deal at no doubt minimum chips?
I'd expect announcements before week's end..

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
tigersnake said:
just saw Murdoch played over 100 games. Amazing. I would have thought 50 max, which would have been 20 too many. That is Richmond of the 90s-esque

Sydney lost patience with several of that type, who occasionally produced a game that showed they can play. Rohan, Marsh, Towers, Robinson... then they picked up one of Geelong's in Thurlow.

acatman1

Tiger Superstar
Sep 18, 2016
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Sydney lost patience with several of that type, who occasionally produced a game that showed they can play. Rohan, Marsh, Towers, Robinson... then they picked up one of Geelong's in Thurlow.

I think every club has those "one in 6 good game "players ( even the tiges) Some are held on too some not

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
I think the only delisting we will have is Drummond and he may get rookie listed, Nobody really stands out for me apart from Clarke as backup Ruck and Maybe Sheridan from Fremantle as a bit of depth on the rookie list.

Happy to go with kids

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Wildride said:
Daniel Menzel and Jordan Murdoch delisted by Geelong today.

Ramanakas reckons 5 clubs have inquired about Menzel.
The 5 clubs are Peel.Thunder, Ainsley, Corio, Davenport and Werribee

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
acatman1 said:
I think every club has those "one in 6 good game "players ( even the tiges) Some are held on too some not

Yep, that’s how we use to roll.
Who can forget the players who had break out season on their last year of contract.
Then back it up with their usual crap after signing for another 3 years.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
se7en said:
Yep, that’s how we use to roll.
Who can forget the players who had break out season on their last year of contract.
Then back it up with their usual crap after signing for another 3 years.
You're talking about Ben "Mr Roboto" Holland right?

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Just checked Campbell's stats vs Soldo.

A couple of extra possessions on average across his career, 1 extra mark and 5 less hitouts. Fewer tackles too. Also 4 years older.

I'm no Soldo fan club but would rather keep him TBH

ahyeahnah

Tiger Superstar
Aug 14, 2016
Inspector said:
Think Tom Sheridan and Mitch Honeychurch both worth another go.
Not sure about Sheridan but Honeychurch for sure.

You have to wonder what the problem is at the kennel. They won the flag and since then have just fallen apart across the board as a club.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
ahyeahnah said:
Not sure about Sheridan but Honeychurch for sure.

You have to wonder what the problem is at the kennel. They won the flag and since then have just fallen apart across the board as a club.

No to all of them. Sheridan dropped a chest mark that cost the dockers a game, no good
Menzel just refuses to tackle
honeychurch, can't game in front of 100 kids at the doggies, Noway

Let's get in 5 kids, even 2 mature kids from the VFL.
There isn't one player that has been delisted that I reckon is worth another chance.

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
zippadeee said:
No to all of them. Sheridan dropped a chest mark that cost the dockers a game, no good
Menzel just refuses to tackle
honeychurch, can't game in front of 100 kids at the doggies, Noway

Let's get in 5 kids, even 2 mature kids from the VFL.
There isn't one player that has been delisted that I reckon is worth another chance.

Agree. With the salary cap used up the aim should be to bring kids in on minimum wages with the aim of developing them for 2022 onwards. 5 kids this year and 5 next year. A quarter of the list in development. Not all will make it. Just let the ones go that are unlikely and keep drafting

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
DirtyDogTiger said:
Dan Menzel and tom Campbell interest me ... but I’m not a recruiter.

And if you have ambitions of becoming a recruiter - don't mention your interest in Menzel at the job interview.