Clubs delistings | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Clubs delistings

Dev Tiger said:
Do the players without contracts need to be delisted or resigned by today's deadline?

First list lodgement today. Those without contracts won't appear on the list (effectively delisted)

I wonder how this all works? On the outside it looks like, in some instances, clubs wait til the last day or 2 to advise players of their future. You’d assume the clubs knew some time ago who they were going to keep.

You’d assume Chol, Drummond, Townsend, Soldo already know their fate.

Club Website Chol, Drummond, Townsend not offered deals. Commit to Townsend for rookie if he cant find another club

Dev Tiger said:
D day then for Soldo, Towner, Chol and Drummond.

All besides Soldo let go.

Committed to rooking Towner and maybe Chol by the sounds of it.

tigertim said:
I wonder how this all works? On the outside it looks like, in some instances, clubs wait til the last day or 2 to advise players of their future. You’d assume the clubs knew some time ago who they were going to keep.

You’d assume Chol, Drummond, Townsend, Soldo already know their fate.

Maybe we're trying to do a deal on a pick upgrade which might give some a reprieve.

Tigers have been pretty ruthless. No pussy footing around these days. Personally I like it. Bring in new blood and keep rotating until you find the gems, the more you do it, the more chance you have of finding them.

That's a pretty big cull. 10 players gone.

Hampson griffens conca miles ellis lloyd stengle towner chol and drummond.

With only 2 early ish picks we're going to make the numbers with late and rookie picks.

tigerlove said:
Tigers have been pretty ruthless. No pussy footing around these days. Personally I like it. Bring in new blood and keep rotating until you find the gems, the more you do it, the more chance you have of finding them.

Agree

toothless said:
So this must mean Soldo is upgraded to the senior list...

Thought Soldo was already on the main list? Makes sense keeping him as depth as although Balta might be close, CCJ is still a way off. Soldo did have some good form in the VFL this year - just wasn't that good when the VFL games were on TV and his AFL appearance for the year was poor.

Drummond and Chol are no-brainers IMO.

Would be happy having Townsend back with our last ND pick depending who is left, otherwise on the rookie list.

Harry said:
That's a pretty big cull. 10 players gone.

Hampson griffens conca miles ellis lloyd stengle towner chol and drummond.

With only 2 early ish picks we're going to make the numbers with late and rookie picks.

Its a huge cull. I wonder how much is salary cap related? A young draftee is going to cost you less than Townsend or an upgrade Chol.

wigglyworm said:
Club Website Chol, Drummond, Townsend not offered deals. Commit to Townsend for rookie if he cant find another club

A fair call.

Have said it before - but I feel very sorry for Drummond who was terribly unlucky with injuries and never got to show what he might have been capable of. Good luck to him.

Wouldn't mind seeing Towner back - but he's a lifetime legend no matter what.

SkillzThatKillz said:
Thought Soldo was already on the main list? Makes sense keeping him as depth as although Balta might be close, CCJ is still a way off. Soldo did have some good form in the VFL this year - just wasn't that good when the VFL games were on TV and his AFL appearance for the year was poor.

Agree with everything except that Soldo was poor in his only AFL game. Thought he more than held his own against Witts and showed that he is good enough to give Nanks a week off against the weaker rucks/teams. Agreed that he was putrid on T.V in the VFL though and refused to jump against his opponents in the final games. Know he was carrying a toe injury so unsure if this impeded him?

Has to be one or dfa on the cards you would think, but is there any out there that are any good ?