Coaching Staff 2019 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coaching Staff 2019

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Thought there was a thread on our coaching staff but couldn’t find it. Feel free to merge.

Coaching lineup has been finalised for 2019:

Senior coach: Damien Hardwick
Head of Coaching and Football Performance: Tim Livingstone
Assistant coach, forwards: Andrew McQualter
Assistant coach, midfield/stoppage: Adam Kingsley
Assistant coach, backline: Justin Leppitsch
Assistant coach, offensive: Blake Caracella
VFL and development coach (forwards): Craig McRae
Development coach and VFL midfield: Xavier Clarke
Development coach and VFL backline: Ryan Ferguson

Good to see Leppa move back. I hope he can turn our young key backs into the next Rance Astbury Grimes.

Our forward entries were poor so a change there won't hurt. What was McQualter responsible for in 2018?

At the B&F in thanking the coaches, a lot of the players made particular reference to Mini or Min.
Anyone know which coach that is?

I noticed Caracella has only signed for 12 more months.

We face the same story again next year it seems!

Kingsley as midfield/stoppage coach is really interesting coming from the Aints. He must held in pretty high regard.
I've heard him speak on a few topics & he seems a very switched on character.
Fresh ideas will be welcomed.

Tigers of Old said:
Kingsley as midfield/stoppage coach is really interesting coming from the Aints. He must held in pretty high regard.
I've heard him speak on a few topics & he seems a very switched on character.
Fresh ideas will be welcomed.
Don't mind that at all, as far as our #'s go that is the area we need to improve in the most.

Caracella may have only signed for a further twelve months but we can consider ourselves lucky we will have those twelve months as he is destined to be a head coach at some other club in AFL all too soon.

UKTiger said:
Caracella may have only signed for a further twelve months but we can consider ourselves lucky we will have those twelve months as he is destined to be a head coach at some other club in AFL all too soon.
Yep I would say senior coach at Carlscum in 2020, or maybe even Geelong, actually more likely Geelong.

Ta ta Scotty...you'll never get to beat us hahahaha

Few options could open up for Cara. If any/all of Cats, Norf, Blues, Power, Dockers, Saints have poor years, senior jobs will likely become available

UKTiger said:

short price favourite to be at saint Kilda by round 5

I noticed Caracella has only signed for 12 more months.

We face the same story again next year it seems!

I can't find anything official re this in the press but seems as though a few were under the impression it was only a 12 month contract.

As you said Taz hopefully Balme will clear the air somewhat. Fair difference between leaving at the end of a contract to leaving in the middle of one.

Reactions: 1 user
I am not sure that for an assistant coach to leave mid-contract is such a big deal. It is perfectly normal in the workplace. If he is being offered significantly more dollars, then he is doing what most employees would do.

I think it is being confused with players leaving mid-contract, which given all of the restrictions of player movements, is relatively unusual.