Contract List | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Contract List

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
Re: Updates to contract list 2013

rosy23 said:
Does anyone know how long the above players were re-contracted for?

Can't find anything for these three - there's a press release for most of the guys signed beyond this year so I'd assume their current contact ends this year.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003

SkillzThatKillz said:
Shane Edwards, King and Newman are our eligible Free Agents this year.

Will be interesting to see what happens with Edwards.

Got a feeling that Newy n Jakey won't be on anyone's must have list for free agents. Not sure too many clubs would be trying to fill our Shed with cash either. Guess the only question re free agency is whether we are having a sniff at someone or not.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003

Ivan signed for 2 more years till 2016.

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).

Contracted to end 2014

S Edwards, Newman, King (free agents)
A.Edwards, , Petterd, Gordon, Lloyd, Astbury, Griffiths, Dea, Batchelor, Helbig, Elton, Arnot, O'Hanlon, McIntosh, McBean, McDonough

2015: Foley, Knights, Cotchin Rance Ellis Jackson Grimes Grigg Martin, Lennon.

2016: Chaplin, Vlastuin, Riewoldt, Conca, Hampson, Houli, Vickery. Maric

2017: Deledio, Morris

Rookie List
Darrou, Williams, Banfield Miles Thomas Stepho

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).

DirtyDogTiger said:
s Edwards, Newman, King (free agents)
A.Edwards, , Petterd, Gordon, Lloyd, Astbury, Griffiths, Dea, Batchelor, Helbig, Elton, Arnot, O'Hanlon, McIntosh, McBean, McDonough

Who should we re-sign next?
I'd say Griffiths

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004

Griffiths and McBean from the 2014 list. Then see how 2014 pans out.

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne

Morris to the end of 2017........that ain't looking too good at the moment.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
Updates to contract list 2014

DirtyDogTiger said:
Contracted to end 2014

Newman, King (free agents)

2016: Chaplin, Vlastuin, Riewoldt, Conca, Hampson, Houli, Vickery. Maric, S Edwards

Rookie List

Given this week's selections, and the lack of rookie upgrades, there's very little faith in those outside the best 22. Almost every player falling out of contract this year will be on shaky ground.

buenavista

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2014
Re: Updates to contract list 2014

Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
Given this week's selections, and the lack of rookie upgrades, there's very little faith in those outside the best 22. Almost every player falling out of contract this year will be on shaky ground.

Here's my take on those out of contract this year:

Chris Newman Retire
Matt Dea Probably Keep
Jake Batchelor Depends on the next couple of weeks
David Astbury Keep (not sure about his injury status though)
Ben Griffiths Keep, but possible trade
Aaron Edwards Delist
Jake King Retire, but maybe an extra year
Brad Helbig Needs to have a run in the 1's to decide
Kamdyn McIntosh Delist
Liam McBean Keep
Matthew McDonough Keep
Todd Elton Keep
Matt Arnott Really not sure, 1 year at best
Brett O'Hanlon Needs to have a run in the 1's to decide
Orren Stephenson Delist

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion

The fact that some of those players "need a run to decide" makes me think they're gone.

Dea is a keep, McIntosh may have more time to develop.

Griff, TV and Elton are at the crossroads - much may depend on how high our draft pick is given the tall talent available.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

DirtyDogTiger said:
Contracted to end 2014

Rookie List

For me we should do the below:

Newman - retire, maybe rehire as a VFL coach
King - ditto with Newman
A Edwards - delist
Petterd - keep but preferably for squad depth
Gordon - unsure at the moment, picked with a 2nd rounder and would be disappointed to have wasted one but not sure if he has enough. If he doesn't play again this year I suspect he could be gone
Lloyd - Keep
Astbury - Keep if his knee is ok (fingers crossed)
Griffiths - Not sold yet, sometimes looks ok, other times looks lost - undecided
Dea - Keep
Batchelor - Keep, need some defensive depth
Helbig - delist
Elton - Haven't seen much of him, but he's been with us 3 years and not being offered a shot this week when there is a spot available, speaks volumes in my mind, could be on his way
Arnot - I like this kid,and could be a really good defensive forward, not being given enough of a shot in the 1's at the mo but I would keep
O'Hanlon - See Elton
McIntosh - No idea not seen anything of him. Not been with us long so may be given more development time
McBean - Keep, still developing
McDonough - Keep

Newman is on the veterans list so only save a bit in the salary cap, no free space.

So at least 3 delistings (Edwards, King and Helbig) but I have 5 unsures in there and expect at least 3 of these to leave but unsure of which ones. We should be looking to freshen up at least 6 spots on the list. I think of the rookies, at least Banfield and Stephenson will leave the club also (may resign Stephenson just for the VFL team).

Theres a possibility that we could delist a couple of the unsures and resign them as rookies just to see if they have what it takes, this could free up a couple more spaces, but with Thomas and Miles probable to get rookie upgrades then with 6 delistings this will only provide 4 spots on the main list and I'd like a couple more so we can go after perhaps Mundy and maybe an out of contract player from GWS (O'Rourke or Jaksch) in the PSD and then have 4 picks in the national draft.

Got to be ruthless this year and if they aren't good enough then off they go.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004

DirtyDogTiger said:
Contracted to end 2014

2016: Chaplin, Vlastuin, Riewoldt, Conca, Hampson, Houli, Vickery. Maric

Rookie List
Again, if we,re serious we clear the decks with King, Newman, McIntosh, A Edwards, Petterd, Dea or Batchelor and more than likely Helbig, O Hanlon, Arnott and either Lloyd or Gordon. Clear the decks with the rookies except Miles & Thomas (ie Darrou, Banfield, Stephenson)

And test the trading waters with Grigg, Vickery, S Edwards. I think we,d all like to see us go hard at;
The national draft
The free agents
Trading period
The state leagues

And really revitalise a tired and underperforming list.

buenavista

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2014

tigertim said:
Again, if we,re serious we clear the decks with King, Newman, McIntosh, A Edwards, Petterd, Dea or Batchelor and more than likely Helbig, O Hanlon, Arnott and either Lloyd or Gordon. Clear the decks with the rookies except Miles & Thomas (ie Darrou, Banfield, Stephenson)

And test the trading waters with Grigg, Vickery, S Edwards. I think we,d all like to see us go hard at;
The national draft
The free agents
Trading period
The state leagues

Petterd, Lloyd & Gordon are all contracted next year

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004

buenavista said:
Petterd, Lloyd & Gordon are all contracted next year
Sorry, I was going off a previous post.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003

tigertim said:

The national draft
The free agents
Trading period
The state leagues

Not a bad effort, dump fifteen players n trade out a few others. Surely there's at least another three or four on the list we could cut.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003

how shedwards got an extension is still mind boggling.

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Who at Richmond is out of contract?

Does someone who knows, tell us poor Tiger unfortunates, who at the Tigers is out of contract this year? And for that matter next year as well. Forgetting who we may snare from other clubs and from the draft, we need to keep certain players like Cotch, Dusty, Jack R and Lids. Rance also if you like, to build around. Not interested so much as who will be delisted but keen to know who may jump from the sinking ship. Draft picks are all well and good I might add, but early picks do not guarantee a star. There have many late picks who have turned into winners. Would be interested to know who we could lose.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Have merged with the existing contract thread gray. You can check the players' situation on the first page.

I haven't updated this for a while so would appreciate if anyone could let me know what needs to be added.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
2013: Dea, Arnot, O'Hanlon,

Petterd, Stephenson, all elevated from rookie list in 2013..not sure of contract situation

2014: (Hardwick) Astbury, McIntosh, McBean, McDonough, King, Newman, A.Edwards, Batchelor, Elton, Griffiths, Helbig

We need to move a certain number of players on so it's fair to assume those coming out of contract will be looked at closely. Astbury should be safe. Newmo, Kingy and AEdwards might be in a bit of strife. I suspect we'll favour the younger ones but it's a bit disappointing some haven't really stood up and demanded a new contract.